Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This thread reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwmBOE21Ac

People do give up too easily...though if a game is obviously and utterly one-sided, I don't see the point in either team spending any longer than necessary reaching that inevitable outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Estarliia View Post
    This thread reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlwmBOE21Ac

People do give up too easily...though if a game is obviously and utterly one-sided, I don't see the point in either team spending any longer than necessary reaching that inevitable outcome.
    Agreed. When the game gets lost to the point that you'll need either a Disney movie miracle, or an epic game throw by the enemy to win, it hardly becomes worth it to keep on trying.
    Last edited by Thallidomaniac; 2012-08-21 at 06:57 AM.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    So, as someone who primarily plays 3v3, I get frustrated a tremendous amount by "surrender".
    What i'm talking about is people just giving up and surrendering at 15 minutes(20 for summoners rift).
    You will rarely have a game that goes "all the way".

I would say out of the 80 games or so i've played so far, only maybe 10 have actually ended via the nexus being destroyed. And only one has gone on to "late game"(40+ minutes).
    It seems that most people are impatient/IP Whores and will just surrender if they're not winning at the 15 minute mark.

Am I alone in thinking that they really should change it so that you can only surrender if you're a team member down.(left the game or been stood in base/fountain for x number of minutes)?
    You know, I agree, it is quite fun sometimes, when your team has 50 kills and the enemy team has 4. But that makes for a horrible experience for the other team.
    Myself, I enjoy what every kind of game. 20, 30 or 40+ minutes is cool. But if I notice my teammates getting shut down in their lanes, not even being able to farm and my ad carry with only boots at the 10 minute mark, I don't think we can do much. Plus, even if you're extremely skilled and fed nicely, it is still hard to carry a game alone, sometimes.
    Love moments when I kick ass, tho. In lane with Sivir as Leona(me), Sivir gives first blood but I take double kill and she gets 2 assists. Seeing as I'm playing Leona, I know it will be quite hard for the enemy to push my lane. Had 9/2/17 that game. Enemy surrendered at 23 min

Quote Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
    Imo they should just remove the surrender option alltogether, like in dota. If you get stomped hard it should motivate you to get better, so you dont get stomped again. Instead of just surrending 20 and never getting better.

I also hate it when your team is behind 5 kills and 1 tower and whole team has already given up. I mean, 5 kills, thats too much. Theres no way you will ever catch up to them, right? Its not like you only need to win 1 teamfight lategame and you win the game. Better surrender 20.
    Not having surrender leads to assholes on the winning team dragging the game out on purpose to stroke their own egos. It is easy to tell if a game is over at 20 minutes (most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Adt View Post
    So, as someone who primarily plays 3v3, I get frustrated a tremendous amount by "surrender".
    What i'm talking about is people just giving up and surrendering at 15 minutes(20 for summoners rift).
    You will rarely have a game that goes "all the way".

I would say out of the 80 games or so i've played so far, only maybe 10 have actually ended via the nexus being destroyed. And only one has gone on to "late game"(40+ minutes).
    It seems that most people are impatient/IP Whores and will just surrender if they're not winning at the 15 minute mark.

Am I alone in thinking that they really should change it so that you can only surrender if you're a team member down.(left the game or been stood in base/fountain for x number of minutes)?
    Most of my games goes all the way (i play only 5 vs 5) but i actually get the other way around.

too many people that dont surrender even when were are 30 kill to 10, they have killed 5 of our tower and we havent downed a single one yet, some people still refuse to surrender.

Refusing to surrender at all is as bad as trying to surrender every single game.

I actuall think that in Summoner Rift you should be able to surrender with 3 votes. If most people in the team want to surrender they should be able to, and not get stuck because two trolls dont want to (the ones that refuse to surrender are often the ones with more deaths).
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-08-21 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    too many people that dont surrender even when were are 30 kill to 10, they have killed 5 of our tower and we havent downed a single one yet, some people still refuse to surrender.
    I could be one of those, depending on how you played/behaved. I am a firm believer in "can't do the time, don't do the crime". Or other similar expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I could be one of those, depending on how you played/behaved. I am a firm believer in "can't do the time, don't do the crime". Or other similar expressions.
    The problem is not that you dont have the time, the problem is that you are basically wasting it, when you could go into another game where both teams have a chance again, which is more fun than playing a game where one of those team dont have a chance at all.

I'm not talking when you are 5 kills below, or more kills but even in towers and maybe you killed mroe dragons, but when you are 10 kill+ below and 4+ towers down beloew, the game is lost.

Some people refuse to surrender just because they get more IP, which sucks.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-08-21 at 07:08 PM.

Deleted
    Umm... I've won games where we were like 25kills behind, and i tell you those comeback games are the best of all... Dont wanna miss out on that... And btw i don't think anyone would not surrender because they get more IP for long games, then they should surrender instead and get on to a new game (potential win)...
    If i refuse surrender it is either because i think the game is not over yet or if it is still fun for me..
    Games are there to have fun anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Amanaki View Post
    Umm... I've won games where we were like 25kills behind, and i tell you those comeback games are the best of all... Dont wanna miss out on that... And btw i don't think anyone would not surrender because they get more IP for long games, then they should surrender instead and get on to a new game (potential win)...
    If i refuse surrender it is either because i think the game is not over yet or if it is still fun for me..
    Games are there to have fun anyway...

Yes i have won a game once where my team had 27 kills and the enemy team 74, with a norturne having 47 of the enemy kills, we just all built a thornail and shut him down, but thats because even when they were ahead in kills, we were even in towers and cs (noc was the enemy jungler).

That's why i dont include only kills when i throw a surrender. But again, if we are way below in kills AND towers, i'm sorry, but the game is lost.

I normally refuse to hit surrender unless we are down a person, or like 6 towers to none. If someone on my team is trolling and feeding I'll hit no just to keep them in the game longer than they want to. If you come into a game expecting to play only half a game and surrender at 20 just because a single lane is doing bad and you don't feel like trying anymore go fuck yourself. Be ready to play an entire game no matter how much your ass is getting kicked or don't play at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well while i do agree on inevetable losses and painful moment where you are doing great while your team feed them like heck and then they are so strong that you get oneshot if get anyway near them... Well those times with people with no idea of how to play, well that is where i have to surrender, but on the other hand i also know how annoying it is when you start doing well you play a great game and as it all is just about to begin for real the game is over due to their surrender...

Both annoying.

After watching Dreamhack where CLG made a comeback from a 30k gold difference i tend to never give up, outplaying them even tho you are damn weak compared to them can be done... Backdoor AD TF + Shen and Pantheon? Well you can do stuff...
    What about in non mlg games wheres just mouth breathers suiciding into 1v4s and refusing to surrender for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    What about in non mlg games wheres just mouth breathers suiciding into 1v4s and refusing to surrender for some reason.
    Well if your team are that stupid i would probably surrender, unless i am Akali cause then i can 1v5 them....!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if your team are that stupid i would probably surrender, unless i am Akali cause then i can 1v5 them....!
    Nah, you pick Xin if you want to 1v5 teams.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Nah, you pick Xin if you want to 1v5 teams.
    Exept the fact that when your E is down you can be kited all the way to the depths of mordor...

I usually only surrender if someone's afk. No, it shouldn't be changed. If the majority want to surrender, then the majority want to surrender.