Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

CS:GO in a nutshell.

Counter strike 1.5 with updated GFX. I was disappointed to find that there are still overpowered 1 shot sniper rifles.. If you liked CS before you will be happy to know that it's basically exactly the same as before which is sad really because they didn't even realize the faults of the game

Recommend not buying unless you are a major fan of the franchise.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynix View Post
    Counter strike 1.5 with updated GFX. I was disappointed to find that there are still overpowered 1 shot sniper rifles.. If you liked CS before you will be happy to know that it's basically exactly the same as before which is sad really because they didn't even realize the faults of the game

get back to CoD?

Who knew being shot by a sniper rifle would kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    get back to CoD?

So because I disagree with mechanics in a small map game must make me a cod noob right?

1. Don't play cod at all.

I really wouldn't mind the snipers but when someone can take 7 - 8 shots to the chest from an M4 and/or AK and not die seems a bit stupid.

GG on your assumption though. idiot.

Please don't insult other users.
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-08-21 at 06:54 PM.
    "When life gives you lemons, don't make Lemonade! You make life take the lemons back. Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons!" - Cave Johnson

I really wouldn't mind the snipers but when someone can take 7 - 8 shots to the chest from an M4 and/or AK and not die seems a bit stupid.
    Good thing it only takes 3-4 chest hits with either gun, even if they're wearing armor.

You're displaying your complete lack of understanding for either game quite obviously.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    What edge said. Also, yes, an AWP should one shot. It takes like $4750, and is a sniper rifle. Even the scout one shots, if you get a headshot, which isn't that bad with sniper rifles. Know how to beat them? Don't get in a long-range shootout without a sniper. Easy.

Deleted
    Wasn't CS:GO the f2p version of CS:S?

10+ Year Old Account

Until you see what a .338 Lapua does to the human body, don't try to say the AWP shouldn't one shot. Once you do, you will quickly change your mind.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, CS:S was released years ago. CS:GO comes out in 2 days, with the beta going on right now. Different games.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I felt CS:GO was very... CoDish tbh. It felt like a lot of the changes we're for the changing market not for the loyal fans of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Good thing it only takes 3-4 chest hits with either gun, even if they're wearing armor.

You're displaying your complete lack of understanding for either game quite obviously.
    the footage I fraps capped for my review tells a very different story. I very very clearly shot someone 6 times in the groin and chest region and they did not die and then proceeded to kill me. As for my "lack of understanding", what is there to understand they are both very basic games. CoD I hate but CS I like, but you can't deny that Counter-Strike has it's flaws which have been reproduced in GO

Don't mistake my displeasure for "lack of understanding" I've been playing CS since 1.0 and know most strategies on most maps, the game is basic.

So because I disagree with mechanics in a small map game must make me a cod noob right?

1. Don't play cod at all.

GG on your assumption though. idiot.
    M4 and AK do 30+ damage on any non-leg shot. There's no way to survive 7-8 shots to the chest. I think your problem is that you don't understand how recoil works in the CS series and so you think that you're actually hitting them when you're not.

Personally, I hate the way the recoil works, but that's only because it's been so long since I actually knew how to handle it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 05:27 PM ----------

the footage I fraps capped for my review tells a very different story. I very very clearly shot someone 6 times in the groin and chest region and they did not die and then proceeded to kill me. As for my "lack of understanding", what is there to understand they are both very basic games. CoD I hate but CS I like, but you can't deny that Counter-Strike has it's flaws which have been reproduced in GO

Don't mistake my displeasure for "lack of understanding" I've been playing CS since 1.0 and know most strategies on most maps, the game is basic.

Maybe you should link your footage, because it sounds like you expect every shot to go where your cross-hair is aimed. That is not the case.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    I would play cs:go . If there are ppl like Lynix, crying and flaming because they are noobie and don't know shit then I will rofl all day hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Until you see what a .338 Lapua does to the human body, don't try to say the AWP shouldn't one shot. Once you do, you will quickly change your mind.
    to be clear I wasn't saying it shouldn't 1 shot. I was saying it is very overpowered for CS maps and that a lot of the rifles aren't nearly strong enough.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    get back to CoD?

It's a game, based around been balanced for competitive purposes. AWP was never balanced but it was part of CS, most servers remove it anyway.

I was on the edge of buying CS:GO, the awper hand for TF2 was a good incentive but i heard the game itself isn't as good as previous versions. I would rather wait for new CS that will use totally new engine.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-08-19 at 05:29 PM.

I very very clearly shot someone 6 times in the groin and chest region and they did not die and then proceeded to kill me.
    Two possibilities:

1. You think you're getting 6 shots in but you don't understand how the recoil and bullet patterns work (given that you think CS:GO is exactly like 1.5, when it's plays VERY differently lends some credibility to this notion).

2. Hit registry in CS:GO is complete shit. It's really, really, really bad. It's why I'm not purchasing it. Played the beta and it's a horrible, painful mess to play.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    It's a game, based around been balanced for competitive purposes. AWP was never balanced but it was part of CS, most servers remove it anyway.
    It was/is balanced. You move much slower with it out, it takes quite a while to chamber another round (no more quickswitching), reloading takes a while, it's expensive, and you CAN hit them but not kill them with one shot (rare). It's quite fine since there are plenty of downsides to owning it. That's why you only saw 1 or 2 guys on a team with it at once, teams wouldn't stack it even if they had the money.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-08-19 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    M4 and AK do 30+ damage on any non-leg shot. There's no way to survive 7-8 shots to the chest. I think your problem is that you don't understand how recoil works in the CS series and so you think that you're actually hitting them when you're not.

Personally, I hate the way the recoil works, but that's only because it's been so long since I actually knew how to handle it.

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 05:27 PM ----------

Maybe you should link your footage, because it sounds like you expect every shot to go where your cross-hair is aimed. That is not the case.
    It has not been uploaded yet but if I come back to mmo champ once it is I will link but it's very clear that 6 shots made contact wit hthe chest and groin area and he was still standing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyce223 View Post
    Honestly I felt CS:GO was very... CoDish tbh. It felt like a lot of the changes we're for the changing market not for the loyal fans of the franchise.
    in what ways? recoil, killstreaks.. i see very few similarities between the two games.

Deleted
    Two possibilities:

1. You think you're getting 6 shots in but you don't understand how the recoil and bullet patterns work (given that you think CS:GO is exactly like 1.5, when it's plays VERY differently lends some credibility to this notion).

2. Hit registry in CS:GO is complete shit. It's really, really, really bad. It's why I'm not purchasing it. Played the beta and it's a horrible, painful mess to play.
    I think the underline makes your post invalid, for the same reason most people will play MoP even though beta is buggy, it's beta for a reason.

Two possibilities:

Hit detection in CS:Source was shit, too, until you adjusted updaterate and cmdrate... and maybe another rate :P After changing those settings, you're sending more packets to the server and you start hitting a lot more reliably. I wouldn't be surprised if CS:GO were the same way.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted
    It has not been uploaded yet but IF I come back to mmo champ once it is I will link but it's very clear that 6 shots made contact wit hthe chest and groin area and he was still standing.
    dude just come back and post it.. doesnt matter if youre wrong or right, but if youve never played CS before it is very different from most FPS games and takes time adjusting to.