Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Assassin’s Creeds -are they worth trying?

Never played them -

So are they worth picking up, I've watched a few videos and they look kinda complicated, mainly in the controls - PC using Keyboard and mouse.

Also little confused on where to start-

I Have seen:

Assassin’s Creed
    Assassin’s Creed creed II
    Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin’s Creed 2 deluxe
    Assassin’s Creed revelations
    Assassin’s Creed revelations - the lost archives-
    I think there might even be an Assassin’s Creed III- coming also

where the hell do I start..

Assassin's Creed: Revelations is disappointing. They failed to create a detailed Istanbul(Constantinople). The one thing I loved in AC series is that the details of constructions which you won't see in AC:R. The first game is boring as fuck but at that time, it was a different game so I just kept playing. AC2 is great game, quests are not boring and you will be immersed into the story. AC:Brotherhood could be better if they let you recruit assassins even earlier. Until you start to recruit assassins, it's AC:2 with boring quests. If you ask me, don't pay for first and last game. I would crack them with my current mindset.

I'll tell few more details about the game. The AI is pathetic in all games. Also no tactic is involved. You can just brute-force your way to the target. Only quests involving escaping of the target or requiring no-detection won't let you brute-force. I'm a guy who loves stealth so I generally try to create stealth strategies and escaping routes but the game requires no tactical thinking in order to succeed(I'm just deluding myself). This series can be much better if they put tactical thinking in to the game. I'm just buying these games because I love details in constructions and story but I got my lesson. I'll crack the next game and then buy it if it is worthy.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-19 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    I liked Assassins Creed 1 quite a lot because of the time setting during the crusades. Assassins Creed 2 removed all the bad things from AC1 and made it 100 times better, now if those features were included in the first AC it would of been amazing. I don't really like the direction the series is slowly making, but everyone has their own different opinons. Go for AC2 as your first, although you won't appreciate Altair as much because of skipping out AC1, it is only a minor downside.

Deleted
    Yes! I like 2 best personally, but I did enjoy 1 and I'm still playing through revelations and I think it's still worth buying. If you're just getting one, I'd start with two, and you don't really need to have played the first one at all.

AC3 is coming soon - October

Deleted
    I'm a major AC fan, I recommend playing the entire game series, watch how the game improves each sequel and not miss anything of the plot (which I consider great).

Quote Originally Posted by NoNameMe View Post
    Never played them -

So are they worth picking up, I've watched a few videos and they look kinda complicated, mainly in the controls - PC using Keyboard and mouse.

Also little confused on where to start-

I Have seen:

Assassin’s Creed
    Assassin’s Creed creed II
    Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
    Assassin’s Creed 2 deluxe
    Assassin’s Creed revelations
    Assassin’s Creed revelations - the lost archives-
    I think there might even be an Assassin’s Creed III- coming also

where the hell do I start..
    Out of the list, Assassin's Creed, AC2, ACB, and ACR are the games, with AC3 coming out in October. I believe the others are books, comics, etc. that explore the universe a bit more. I'd recommend starting with 2, the first one's really repetitive and 2 goes over the story of the first game, so you could skip it entirely if you want.
    Last edited by Rocket Surgeon; 2012-08-19 at 08:23 PM.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't played every game in the series but they are very fun and very cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assassin's Creed 2 is the only one I actually liked.

I mean, at least the first game played off of subtlety and blending really well by just being bland and copypasta as fuck. But Brotherhood and Revelations? Just felt like shit to me. I also really did not like that Altair's voice actor was changed, much of the story and events in the games were very lackluster and disappointing.

I've played AC1 and AC2 myself, and seen a full playthrough of Revelations(at least I think I watched the whole thing). AC2 had the best gameplay, but I personally preferred the time/age/period AC1 was set in.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    It's enjoyable, but not as awesome as some make it out to be. I'd give it a try though, you might like it.

The endings of AC2 and ACB will make your brain explode.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Play #1 and #2, don't bother with revelations or bloodlines or brotherhood etc. Just play the hard sequels imo.

AC2 is a complete classic and may just be one of the better games ever made. Certainly not the best but the series (excluding those cancerous growths which are Brotherhood and Revelations) is and in 10 years or so, will still be a classic.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Each game has really improved the series in someways and lacked somethings of the others. I must be the minority in thinking AC:R was great, I felt the combat was more complete and the story felt very intertwined the game (it focused on the story of Altair, Desmond and Ezio which I thought was an accomplishment), however it was probably the shortest game. AC:B is extremely repetitive (or at least if you want 100%).

AC1&2 are the obvious keystones of the series though and AC:B/R felt like expansions (Revelations is still probably my favorite just for the story). Don't expect much challenge from any of the games though.

I did like Brotherhood the most.

Oh and a side tip, I'd wait until a sale on steam. You can get all the games for PC for about 30 bucks when it's on sale. As opposed to the 100ish retail they would cost together individually (especially for consoles)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have almost all of the assassin creed games, and I haven't even got halfway through the first one ^_^

Deleted
    2 and Brotherhood are good games, I strongly disliked the first but tried that with mouse/keyboard and the later ones with a controller.

i only played AC2 for ps3 and i didnt like it. you just scaled buildings, jumped on the single person you had to kill and run away. kinda easy and boring
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

I can't speak for PC controls, but on console it's amazing and intuitive. Also, I would start with AC1, just play the games chronologically. Sure, AC2 tells you generally what happened in AC1, but you will miss some of the fine details. Also, really, it's the difference between me just telling you what happens, (you don't like spoilers, right?) and you experiencing it for yourself.

The only way I would recommend skipping AC1 is if you are very impatient and that may turn you off from the rest of the series. AC1 is very unpolished compared to the later games.

The chronological order is AC1, AC2, AC:B AC:R and AC3. I haven't heard of AC2 deluxe, or AC:R the lost archives. Maybe I should look into those lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    i only played AC2 for ps3 and i didnt like it. you just scaled buildings, jumped on the single person you had to kill and run away. kinda easy and boring
    You clearly didn't get far in the game, as your analysis is incorrect. There is much more to the games, especially after 1, than that.