Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Most casual guilds dont do LFR runs. Their raiding members uissually do run LFR in their own, or in small groups, but most casual guilds dont get the whole group together to run it.
    Very rarely though those other members won't go on their own. In fact that's what I usually did. The main progression/farming team went partially to 5mans and LFR but various others did the rest at their own time. I know it's not optimal (it gave more loot; not anymore in MoP) but it was a boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    It bothers me slightly because it was their core argument for the separation of 10 and 25man encounters. Which I did not agree with. It feels like a small slap in the face.

Yes the loot from 10 and 25 was different, but only by maybe a few key items. You did not need loot from either to complete the raid, so this rationalization that LFR is any different from this scenario feels insulting, feeling pressured into doing them is EXACTLY what guilds expected of raiders (if you even care in the slightest about furthering your character through raiding) back then, and it remains the same with this bloody time wasting loot pinata.

I had no interest in raiding 10mans back in the day. I still felt like I had to do them to fill in holes in my gear, or my guild would deem me lazy and unfit to supporting the raid team. Maybe unfair, but Blizzard shouldn't have to be policing that. And 10mans were at least somewhat fun to run with friends who didn't raid as often as you did and in other guilds.

Lfr is... soulless. Utterly, unequivocally soulless. But as in-eloquantly as the OP put it, I agree with the sentiment.
    The blues seem to be grasping at excuses for their mutant 'everyone can raid' child. And I doubt they're going to change it. So... the case is hopeless. I would join in that thread on the official forum but as usual, can't, regional bars are in the way.

There's a compromise in this somewhere. But at the moment LFR remains this pulsating tumor on a system I really love doing. I love normals, I love heroics, I love progressing through them with my team. I HATE wasting time for extra gear, and yes, I do feel like I am socially obligated to run it or I have failed my team and dashed the hopes (no matter what value you place on them, they are real to those people) of ranking well on progression and in turn bolstering our reputation for new members to join.

Domino effects. They exist and I don't think the Blues tackle the issues of WoW's social structures well at all. They want a balanced game but fail to comprehend that the game thrives because of the layers added on by the players. And when you make something that erodes that slowly but surely, the games popularity will decrease the more people grow frustrated with seeing their work go to waste.

Anyway, I'm reaching too deeply in here. LFR is bad. Needs adjusting. Refusal to acknowledge the negatives brought by the system is frustrating forum troglodytes. No surprise.

Make it so you either have to do LFR, or Normals/Heroics. To be honest I'm alright with that, with all the new stuff like challenge modes, scenarios, pet battles and all the 5mans, WHO THE FU- needs that twice a week? No one.
    Very well written post Aqua and I totally agree.

But it's the same old issue over and over. Half the people saying "don't do it, if you don't like it" and the other half trying to explain the reality for most decent raiding guilds. It's not about who's right or wrong in this, it's about Blizz not even admitting that it's the reality for a large portion of the raiding community, that concerns me the most.

But I guess that LFR has been bashed so many times, that any attempt on getting a point through the noise is in vein at this point. Blizz is willing to cut out a drama element as loot, where you can't even trade an item you already have but got assigned by the loot system to another player that needs it. Imo that goes to show the steps they're willing to take to make LFR work for the vast majority. Total policing of the loot in LFR, next step will be the same loot system applied to 5 man dungeons or even Normal/Heroic raids.
    Last edited by mmoc3a262a3a21; 2012-08-31 at 03:01 AM.