Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Not sure if I'd go as far as "infestation" and "abomination" but it seems you at least favor choice, which is all people are really asking for in the abortion debate. Some would rather there be no choice for the woman and her family at all (or at the extreme end, making it a punishable offense). Which is why there's so much frustration and anger.
    Flavor words, as it technically described as a "medical condition." For a woman who was raped, and got pregnant, would she not call it as such? "Monster" "It" "Thing", same thing. All the pregnancy is to a woman at that stage after rape is pure hatred to what happened to her. Well, it would be fore me, yet, I am a man. If I were raped (as a man or woman) I would hate everything about the person who raped me, including everything they left behind, even if it was skin contact.

People that wish for no choice are simply forcing their own ideals on others. making such a thing a punishable offence is already off the board back when abortion was legalized. Honestly, Republicans are now on the backfoot for the next 20 yrs, if they do not get the thought across that they need to change towards a more moderate. I am no fan of Idealist Very Conservative Bible Thumping Republicans, and I am no friend of So Far Left Wing that they Cannot see Out from Underneath That Donkeys tail Democrats. I am a nice medium, which both parties might need to understand, that most people are these days. Abortion has been accepted worldwide (cept backwards countries).

Even though I at "least" favor choice, it is my choice to be with a woman that wishes to have my children. If not at that time, condoms are perfectly fine. People that get pregnant off those are not using them correctly. That is all I have to say after the years of using them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Donate the embryo to stem cell research?
    Now, I don't agree with abortions for the most part, like when somebody is having regular sex and gets pregnant. However, rape is a very tricky situation. Forced sex should not be condemned.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by someotherguy View Post
    abortion is bad "'legitimate rape' rarely results in pregnancy"
    I am confused by this thread

People seem to say that rape can be legitimate..

That very thought seems.. strange to me. Something illegal is legitimate? How when why? My logic circuits are frying

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I am confused by this thread

People seem to say that rape can be legitimate..

That very thought seems.. strange to me. Something illegal is legitimate? How when why? My logic circuits are frying
    No one is really saying that though.

Maybe one or two people in here are trying to "make sense of" or "justify" the comment, sure. But the general consensus is that this guy is a f*cking idiot who spoke out of his a*s about something he knew nothing about. But really, within reason, no one agrees with the crazy man, and no one things rape is ever legitimate.

Unless they themselves are rapists.

A worthwhile check out is the response President Obama gave to the statement, and other political figures reactions.

A quote from the President;

"The views expressed were offensive," said Obama. "Rape is rape. And the idea that we should be parsing and qualifying and slicing what types of rape we are talking about doesn't make sense to the American people and certainly doesn't make sense to me. So what I think these comments do underscore is why we shouldn't have a bunch of politicians, a majority of whom are men, making health care decisions on behalf of women."
    Expresses what needs to be said perfectly. And the point he brought up in the highlighted bit is nothing short of priceless.

We shouldn't have Men like this making health care decisions on behalf of women. To me that's extremely scary. This guy will vote with constant misconceptions and misunderstandings on behalf of not himself or his body, but women's.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2012-08-20 at 09:08 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

In a surprise news conference Monday, President Barack Obama addressed the controversy surrounding a remark by Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) that women who suffer "legitimate rape" rarely get pregnant.

"The views expressed were offensive," said Obama. "Rape is rape. And the idea that we should be parsing and qualifying and slicing what types of rape we are talking about doesn't make sense to the American people and certainly doesn't make sense to me. So what I think these comments do underscore is why we shouldn't have a bunch of politicians, a majority of whom are men, making health care decisions on behalf of women."

The comments are the most high profile in a series of rebukes from both Democrats and Republicans. Earlier in the day, presumptive Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney also condemned Akin, who is running to unseat Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.).

Obama did not call on Akin to leave the race, as some Republicans have done. "He was nominated by the Republicans in Missouri," he said, "I will let them sort that out." He did, however, use the opportunity to contrast his approach toward women's health care with that of the GOP.

"Although these particular comments have led Governor Romney and other Republicans to distance themselves, I think the underlying notion that we should be making decisions on behalf of women for their health care decisions, or qualifying forcible rape versus non-forcible rape, I think those are broader issues," Obama said. "And that is a significant difference in approach between me and the other party."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...p_ref=politics

Well, ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) has come out with a statement.

http://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_..._and_Pregnancy

I'm gonna believe the actual doctors on this one.

Deleted
    Dafuq is legitimate rape ?!?

And why do american politicians go out of their way to embarrass themselves ?!?
    Last edited by mmoc7df1f50e54; 2012-08-20 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    Dafuq is legitimate rape ?!?

And why do american politicians go out of their way to embarrass themselves ?!?
    He means a REAL rape, as opposed to the woman secretly wanting it. Yeah. Cuz we're all just wandering along hoping some guy sexually accosts us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ryotte View Post
    I'm gonna believe the actual doctors on this one.
    Yeah, but this guy also has actual Doctors* on his side too.

*Th.D

He means a REAL rape, as opposed to the woman secretly wanting it. Yeah. Cuz we're all just wandering along hoping some guy sexually accosts us.
    well, your avatar is pretty provocative. it does resemble a female, females have vaginas, and you chose it to represent you. so it is perfectly obvious that you are asking for it, nay, BEGGING for it. and your maternal status afterward will tell us all if im correct. (just running with the satire here)

what an asinine concept. if this dude wins is it a sign of the end times?

You could argue that "Legitimate Rape" is one where the woman was actually raped. Not the ones where a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks later, a girl discovers she is pregnant from a "Bad Idea with a Boy" Syndrome and then cries rape (And yes, that does happen, Much more than it should).

The only sad thing, that instead of opening a dialogue about the difference between women that are raped, and women that cry rape because they want to get back at someone (Yes, that does happen too). It's gonna be a nice long political wash about blah blah blah blah.

Regardless, If a woman is raped, it's her choice, and if the guy is caught and convicted, the WOMAN get's to decide if he get's castrated or not. Simple enough.

Enough of this slap the wrist bullsh*t.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, ACOG (American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists) has come out with a statement.

http://www.acog.org/About_ACOG/News_..._and_Pregnancy
    Bless this post.

And still, the guy has the balls to remain in the race. I truly can not believe it. Despite even having the Presidential Candidate, Mitt Romney and plenty of the influential Right essentially telling him "Just step away" Akin seems to be in his own little world. Surprise surprise.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Boy, I sure wish that were the case! Then we wouldn't even have to have arguments about abortions in the first place.
    Wow.

Well played. well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lootem View Post
    You could argue that "Legitimate Rape" is one where the woman was actually raped. Not the ones where a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks later, a girl discovers she is pregnant from a "Bad Idea with a Boy" Syndrome and then cries rape (And yes, that does happen, Much more than it should).

The only sad thing, that instead of opening a dialogue about the difference between women that are raped, and women that cry rape because they want to get back at someone (Yes, that does happen too). It's gonna be a nice long political wash about blah blah blah blah.

Regardless, If a woman is raped, it's her choice, and if the guy is caught and convicted, the WOMAN get's to decide if he get's castrated or not. Simple enough.

Enough of this slap the wrist bullsh*t.
    Except the problem of false claims isn't nearly as common as people think. Out of every 100 rapes, less than half get reported. Of those, the chances the accused will walk free is almost 100 percent. Rape is harder to prove than most people think, and in many cases the legal battle devolves into he said she said.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information...eporting-rates

15+ Year Old Account
    A reply of sanity regarding an insane Todd Akin.
    Dr. Aaron E. Carroll is an associate professor of pediatrics at the Indiana University School of Medicine and the director of the university's Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/08/20/op...tml?hpt=us_mid
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    And don't forget about another presidential hopeful, stating that rape babies are a "gift from god" that women should accept.

http://www.thefrisky.com/2012-01-23/...bad-situation/
    People with those kinds of beliefs should be loaded onto a rocket aimed for the sun, and sent there to burn to a crisp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    People with those kinds of beliefs should be loaded onto a rocket aimed for the sun, and sent there to burn to a crisp.
    I would suggest chucking them into Jupiter instead. It would take significantly less delta-v and therefore would be cheaper.
    Last edited by Masark; 2012-08-21 at 01:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I would suggest chucking them into Jupiter instead. It would take significantly less delta-v and therefore would be cheaper.
    They must get quite a shock when they discover that the sun is not oribiting around the earth, just as a bonus ;(
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I was just watching Pier's Morgan. Where the man who made the statment's was supposed to appear. He bailed at the last possible minute. Keep in mind his is LIVE. Showing an empty chair where he was supposed to sit. He was booked but left and bailed at the last minute on CNN on a live interview. Since CNN is unbiased I can believe the heat is on for him to step aside.

A: He doesn't step aside and he is a HUGE distraction linking Paul Ryan

B: He does step aside and a democrat wins the office.

Both are wins in my book.
    Last edited by FusedMass; 2012-08-21 at 01:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So apparently this guy is on the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology...

http://science.house.gov/about/membership
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!