Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #61
    Immortal Clockwork Pinkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    7,372
    Quality over quantity, I enjoyed cata heroics far more than wotlk due to the fact that they were actually interesting and had way more story involved in them. Same will go for MoP. I don't mind less, just make them a memorable experience. Only thing I enjoyed from WotLK heroics was having a pocket healer while being an ele shammy tank.


  2. #62
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The only "re-used" dungeon in Cata that wasn't completely remade was Zul'Aman. The rest had entirely new bosses and mechanics. This "Blizzard is lazy"-talk is bullshit.
    Except when you see that they've put out less content which is of worse quality and let PvP spiral completely out of control rather than putting the effort in to tweak the numbers and try balance it. Blizzard WERE lazy this expac, everything seemed half arsed "oh let's get this content out to shut them up" not to mention ZA and ZG were actually supposed to do for a whole patch -.- . I think they realise this, though, because MoP is looking VERY good and the constant changes on the beta are promising. I really am gutted I won't be able to raid this time round :/ wasn't excited for Cata but I am for MoP.

  3. #63
    Let's go the OP way for a lil mo.
    Think of TBC the expansion people say was the best(I am in the mid on this cause I started to raid around then and still enjoy it as much)
    Underbog,Steamvaults,Slave Pens and Serpentscrine Caverns all used the same theme same mobs the only difference was the mechanics of the bosses and trash mobs. This is also the case with the TK instances,helfire citadell instances and about every other set of instances in tbc.
    Now we got 3 raids at the start and a chunk of hcs and only vortex pinacle and throne of the four winds had the same mob design.

    Blizzard basicly spend their resources more on making different themes for dungeons instead of making a shit ton of hcs with the same theme.

    But then again this creator of this topic loves to hate on WoW for some reason without using points that are real problems in WoW. So I suggest he moves on or becomes the MMO-Champion clown of the month.

  4. #64
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    The better question would be if Salandrin (assuming he could magically un-ban himself) would claim that the similarity of the raid to the dungeons is really a power play by the evil horde races to <enter incorrect lore here> and destroy the innocent Grand Alliance™.
    Stop giving me nightmares

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Probably not. It only counts if it's replacing the old dungeon.
    You never know, what with some people's bursts of "logic".
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-20 at 12:06 AM.

  5. #65
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,818
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Except when you see that they've put out less content which is of worse quality and let PvP spiral completely out of control rather than putting the effort in to tweak the numbers and try balance it. Blizzard WERE lazy this expac, everything seemed half arsed "oh let's get this content out to shut them up" not to mention ZA and ZG were actually supposed to do for a whole patch -.- . I think they realise this, though, because MoP is looking VERY good and the constant changes on the beta are promising. I really am gutted I won't be able to raid this time round :/ wasn't excited for Cata but I am for MoP.
    The dungeon/raid team is not the balance team. To say that they were all lazy because one group slacked is just a gross generalization.

    And ZG and ZA were supposed to be released along with Firelands. Only reason they were released earlier was because they were done earlier. Would you rather have them sit on it for another 2 months?

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 02:06 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    or becomes the MMO-Champion clown of the month.
    Tough competition this month.

  6. #66
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The dungeon/raid team is not the balance team. To say that they were all lazy because one group slacked is just a gross generalization.

    And ZG and ZA were supposed to be released along with Firelands. Only reason they were released earlier was because they were done earlier. Would you rather have them sit on it for another 2 months?
    They are all part of one team and I was saying both aspects were underwhelming, content quality/quantity and PvP in general. I'd rather have had another raid inbetween tier 11 and Firelands or Firelands then another raid and then DS. 2 heroics for a whole patch was really bad.
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-08-20 at 12:08 AM.

  7. #67
    I am Murloc! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Oh no! We have two less dungeons! WoW is dying! Alert the press!
    Its not making it die, but its asinine and lazy for them to only put half the amount of dungeons in MoP as there was in TBC and of those 2 arent even new ones, just 2 old ones with retuned mobs. Pure laziness

  8. #68
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not making it die, but its asinine and lazy for them to only put half the amount of dungeons in MoP as there was in TBC and of those 2 arent even new ones, just 2 old ones with retuned mobs. Pure laziness
    The mobs were the same, but the dungeons themselves were completely new in terms of bosses and their mechanics/tactics.

  9. #69
    Warchief Byniri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    East Lansing, Michigan.
    Posts
    2,226
    I'd say challenge modes and scenarios definitely make up for the 2 less dungeons.

    If those didn't exist in MoP you'd have a point.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

  10. #70
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not making it die, but its asinine and lazy for them to only put half the amount of dungeons in MoP as there was in TBC and of those 2 arent even new ones, just 2 old ones with retuned mobs. Pure laziness
    Read dapperedodo's post a bit above, and a bit of the previous pages, and then re-think what you just said.

    ... who am I kidding? You will do no such thing, and even if you did, you'd still go on. The only direction some people can afford to look is forward, after all. Being asked to look left or right and considering other options seems to be a tall order.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-20 at 12:14 AM.

  11. #71
    What staggers me the most is the fact that people are ok with the mentality of quantity stagnation - as in, the previous expansion brought x amount of content, I expect the next to bring exactly x again. Think of me as a damned QQer, but I expect a company to improve and expand with each of it's products, not shrink and degrade.

  12. #72
    I am Murloc! Orlong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Class 1,000,000 Clean Room
    Posts
    5,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Pretty much. Zul'Aman was the only 5-man dungeon in the entire game so far that disappointed me for that fact alone. I'm not saying it was a bad dungeon, but it was pretty much the same thing as the level 70 raid version, but downsized and boosted in level, with only a few small exceptions.

    Other than Zul'Aman, anyone calling remade dungeons lazy needs a reality check.
    What was different about SFK and Deadmines other than an extra boss and slightly different mechanics. All the old artwork was reused and they didnt change the physical dungeon at all. I still say laziness

  13. #73
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,818
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    2 heroics for a whole patch was really bad.
    Why? It lasted a month and a half. It was never a full patch. They even said so from the beginning.

    Or can they only increase the first decimal after the comma when there's a raid involved?

  14. #74
    Warchief psdew1813's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    undisclosed location in CA
    Posts
    1,883
    oh noes less dungeons. oh wait...whats that? scenarios ? challenge modes? WITH my heroics?

    we get less dungeons. but we also get other shit to do as well. so i don't see the point of the OP at all.

  15. #75
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Its not making it die, but its asinine and lazy for them to only put half the amount of dungeons in MoP as there was in TBC and of those 2 arent even new ones, just 2 old ones with retuned mobs. Pure laziness
    I can't speak for Scholomance, but the old Scarlet Monastery has been completely redone. The only old thing in there is the setting and the boss names. Everything else has been changed comepletely. But perhaps that's not good enough?

  16. #76
    Immortal Polarthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    (USA) Florida
    Posts
    7,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Corylyn View Post
    Oh no! We have two less dungeons! WoW is dying! Alert the press!
    We had less dungeons, less raid bosses, more recycled content. Add everything together sir before making stupid comments.

    Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

  17. #77
    Legendary! TJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    6,329
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Why? It lasted a month and a half. It was never a full patch. They even said so from the beginning.

    Or can they only increase the first decimal after the comma when there's a raid involved?
    Because raiders were bored stiff for 2 months or whatever it was? The heroics were useless for anyone who was decked out, it was content for the more casual players to get better loot.

    Off to bed anyway ;D
    Last edited by TJ; 2012-08-20 at 12:19 AM.

  18. #78
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,818
    Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    I'd say challenge modes and scenarios definitely make up for the 2 less dungeons.

    If those didn't exist in MoP you'd have a point.
    Inb4:

    "But Challenge Modes aren't new content, and they don't drop any useful gear!"

    "Scenarios are just for casuals and scrubs!"

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 02:21 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    What staggers me the most is the fact that people are ok with the mentality of quantity stagnation - as in, the previous expansion brought x amount of content, I expect the next to bring exactly x again. Think of me as a damned QQer, but I expect a company to improve and expand with each of it's products, not shrink and degrade.
    So you only look at the total number of dungeons, not what the dungeons themselves have to offer? Deadmines HC pre-nerf alone blew any other dungeon completely out of the water. Why do you think people hate it? Because it was hard and difficult to get through.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 02:22 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    We had less dungeons, less raid bosses, more recycled content. Add everything together sir before making stupid comments.
    The only somewhat-true recycled content we had was Zul'Aman. Everything else was new. New wine on old bottles so to speak.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 02:23 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Because raiders were bored stiff for 2 months or whatever it was? The heroics were useless for anyone who was decked out, it was content for the more casual players to get better loot.

    Off to bed anyway ;D
    So again, should they just have sat on the dungeons for another 2 months instead of releasing them now that they were done before Firelands?

  19. #79
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,608
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I can't speak for Scholomance, but the old Scarlet Monastery has been completely redone. The only old thing in there is the setting and the boss names. Everything else has been changed comepletely. But perhaps that's not good enough?
    The bosses have changed as well, in name too.

    Scholomance, from what I've seen, maintains the same general structure, but it looks somewhat better, visually.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    What was different about SFK and Deadmines other than an extra boss and slightly different mechanics. All the old artwork was reused and they didnt change the physical dungeon at all. I still say laziness
    Not going over this again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The only somewhat-true recycled content we had was Zul'Aman. Everything else was new. New wine on old bottles so to speak.
    Oh, I liked that description. I may even sig it or something.
    Last edited by Adramalech; 2012-08-20 at 12:25 AM.

  20. #80
    Warchief psdew1813's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    undisclosed location in CA
    Posts
    1,883
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Inb4:

    "But Challenge Modes aren't new content, and they don't drop any useful gear!"

    "Scenarios are just for casuals and scrubs!"
    which brings up the point that nothing they do will ever please people. people need to either get their expectations out the clouds or learn to deal with disappointment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •