Will AH changes be in this patch?

I havent found it anywhere but might have been in an earlier Dev blog and got lost in all the class and legendary stuff. Will we finally be allowed to search properly for items in 1.04 instead of this 3 stat crap? Or are they still going to make us scroll through 30 pages of items just to find a 5-6 affix item we need?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was actually wondering the same thing myself..

Of course I can't find the source at the moment, but I am positive I read they were adding up to 6 stats to the search. Will continue looking.
    Last edited by Messick; 2012-08-20 at 11:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Messick View Post
    Of course I can't find the source at the moment, but I am positive I read they were adding up to 6 stats to the search. Will continue looking.
    You go girl!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Messick View Post
    That article only says that some of those changes will be in 1.0.4, and some won't.

I dont see how hard it is to recode the AH to search for 6 stats. That cant be nearly as difficult as redoing all the legendaries or all the class abilities.

Deleted
    I think I read a bluepost on the forums saying that they were hoping to have it in for 1.0.4. It could've been something else and I don't have a source atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    I think I read a bluepost on the forums saying that they were hoping to have it in for 1.0.4. It could've been something else and I don't have a source atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    Over the last few days, we've seen a lot of requests from players for us to make improvements to the auction house. We've also seen questions regarding what, if any, changes are being made to the AH in 1.0.4. While we've already talked about many of the updates we have planned, we know some players may have missed those discussions. So, rather than make you wait for the patch notes, we've put together a list of everything that's changing in 1.0.4 for you below.

Take a look:

General Improvements:
    Players can now cancel their auctions at any point so long they do not have any active bids on them (it will still take five minutes for a listed auction to become searchable, however).
    We've increased the maximum stack size of gold per listing from 100,000 to 1,000,000. The current minimum listing price will remain the same per stack.
    We've added description text to several error messages. We've also improved several existing descriptions so that they more clearly describe why you've encountered an error.

Search Improvements:
    We're upping the allowed number of "Preferred Stats" per search from 3 to 6.
    We're upping the number of digits you can enter in the "Min Value" field for equipment searches from 3 to 5 (i.e. you can now search for values > 999).
    We've replaced “Minimum Damage” with “Average Damage” as a searchable stat, which can be calculated as follows: (Min Damage + Max Damage) / 2. So, for example, searching for an Average Damage of 12 will find an item with 10-14 damage, 12 Minimum damage, or 24 Maximum damage.
    Stat increases which come from slotted gems will no longer be factored in when searching for equipment. Instead, your search criteria will only take into account the base stat values for an item.
    Armor, DPS, Buyout, and Time Left columns are now sortable columns in the Search tab.

UI Improvements:
    The Auctions tab and Completed tab will now refresh whenever one of your items has been purchased.
    Whenever an auction expires or is cancelled, the listing price of that item will now display in the Completed tab.
    Tooltips have been added for items in the Completed tab (which means you'll be able to see the stats of the items you've purchased or sold, as well as items which failed to sell or were cancelled).
    Tooltips have been added for commodities.
    Item Compare tooltips have been added to the Recommended Items page.

In addition to these improvements, we're also fixing several bugs with the auction house UI and functionality (many of which you reported on these forums).

Bug Fixes:
    Auction house filters are no longer case-sensitive.
    Players can now search for stats on Legendary items! Yay!
    The Recommended Items page will now display quivers for demon hunters even if you have a two-handed ranged weapon equipped.
    Witch doctor's Corpse Spider bonus is now listed when searching for mojos.
    And, last but not least, we've fixed several issues with affixes not displaying correctly or being unavailable for equipment searches:
    "Attack Speed" is now a searchable affix for quivers
    Items with the "Level Requirement Reduced" affix will now properly appear in search results when specifying the level range
    Searches will now properly filter results according to the set Minimum and Maximum values for"Life per Spirit Spent"

And there you have it! Please note that this isn’t a preview, and that the above list represents every change we are making to the auction house in 1.0.4. While the list is exhaustive for this patch, it's definitely not the end of the road -- we still have additional improvements planned for 1.1.0 and for the long-term. We don't have a lot of juicy details to share right now on that front, but we'll be sure to provide more information as development continues.
    Seems pretty set in stone now.
    Last edited by WorldofWorkcraft; 2012-08-20 at 07:00 PM.

Deleted
    The problem with so specific search functions is that AH bots will reign supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcorn1992 View Post
    The problem with so specific search functions is that AH bots will reign supreme.
    cant they detect AH bots they seem easy as hell to catch. I watched how some of them work from videos and they basically just spam search all day long and snipe items that are cheap and meet the stat criteria that the person puts in. Certainly Blizzard can track the number of searches an account is doing and ban accordingly. A normal players does not perform 1000 AH searches per hour. A normal player does not buy 100 items an hour. Does Blizzard just have a bunch of idiots working the Diablo side of the company? They have to have some way to design a tracking system to catch people performing an unrealistic number of item searches and also buying up too many items. Find those people, ban them, problem solved.

Lets also lump resellers in with bots as well since they are ruining the economy except instead of being AFK they do it manually, I really dont see a difference both are taking cheap items a newer player could afford and making it so they cant afford it. I honestly would even go so far as to prosecute players making RMAH money by doing this. If I went around and bought up all the milk in my small town for example and relisted it for $25 a gallon Id be in jail. I know because a guy tried doing this with bags of ice and batteries during a large hurricane so he was the only person selling it for a ridiculous amount and he went to prison.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-20 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    cant they detect AH bots they seem easy as hell to catch. I watched how some of them work from videos and they basically just spam search all day long and snipe items that are cheap and meet the stat criteria that the person puts in. Certainly Blizzard can track the number of searches an account is doing and ban accordingly. A normal players does not perform 1000 AH searches per hour. A normal player does not buy 100 items an hour. Does Blizzard just have a bunch of idiots working the Diablo side of the company? They have to have some way to design a tracking system to catch people performing an unrealistic number of item searches and also buying up too many items. Find those people, ban them, problem solved.

Lets also lump resellers in with bots as well since they are ruining the economy except instead of being AFK they do it manually, I really dont see a difference both are taking cheap items a newer player could afford and making it so they cant afford it. I honestly would even go so far as to prosecute players making RMAH money by doing this. If I went around and bought up all the milk in my small town for example and relisted it for $25 a gallon Id be in jail. I know because a guy tried doing this with bags of ice and batteries during a large hurricane so he was the only person selling it for a ridiculous amount and he went to prison.
    You'd be surprised how many searches a "normal" player who plays the auction uses. You do realize the AH bots are just doing things that people already did, it's just automated so they don't have to do it themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
    You'd be surprised how many searches a "normal" player who plays the auction uses. You do realize the AH bots are just doing things that people already did, it's just automated so they don't have to do it themselves.
    ban both of them. The AH isnt a game. If it is then thats why this messing the game up Cause loot doesnt come from drops its all off the AH. When the richest people in the game didnt get rich by playing the game theres a serious problem.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-20 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    ban both of them. The AH isnt a game. If it is then thats why this messing the game up Cause loot doesnt come from drops its all off the AH. When the richest people in the game didnt get rich by playing the game theres a serious problem.
    The richest people in life didn't get rich by laying concrete either. Get over it work smarter not harder. What's the bill gates quote.. “I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Basically, you rage because people are better than you. Get over it or get better. Also, for the next couple weeks following the patch you will have plenty of opportunity to make bank. Although, people playing the AH will probably make more.

At least you're both having fun. I mean you both paid the same amount for diablo 3. You both put effort into the game and you're both having fun. Isn't that all that matters? Or are you trying to say you're better than everyone else in your own world and anyone else should be punished for not doing it your way?

Oh and newsflash, the economy is a major part of the diablo series. Don't like it move on.. I'll be happy to not have to correct your poorly thought out ideas.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-08-21 at 12:06 AM.