Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    uh so band aid fix for terrible design of lvl cap and item budget...
    And what exactly would you suggest ? Serious question, I'm quite interested.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    The big question I think personally is whether they will add a leaderboard. There was no real way to add a leaderboard to 60, since pretty much everyone is 60 anyway. But if the levels go up much higher then they can add leaderboards... but then without ladder resets that can dry up pretty quickly too, but it gives them the extra option. No idea if that's the way they're going though.
    Could make it up to level 999 instead

Got to come down hard on bots though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandises View Post
    What a way to shove a crap game down my throat again, over and over with ideas that should have already been inplemented.
    How is a game shoved down your throat? If you don't like it, you don't play it. Unless there is someone standing behind you with a gun to your head demanding you play Diablo 3 day in and day out. In which case I would also be bitter if I didn't like it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glorithan View Post
    It provides end game where as right now, diablo 3 is lacking. It gives something to work toward similar to grinding to 99 in D2.
    So you can grind while you're grinding?
    Yo dawg..

It's not gonna change anything, the game is still broken in many other ways and they choose to address the least urgent one.
    You honestly can't say anything about endgame before you have beaten Diablo on Inferno. And that's still a small minority of the people playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    This is probably the first thing they've suggested that makes me think they could potentially bring players back AND keep them.
    I started to think that, but I remembered that inferno is not very much endgame. It might make the actual grinding more bearable but the end result is the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    And what exactly would you suggest ? Serious question, I'm quite interested.
    Remove the RMAH = Diablo 3 100% better, but I am pretty much just saying what I've been saying since launch of the RMAH. It ruined the game.
    Now we just need to get people to price their items properly on the gold AH... /sigh

Gear is everything in Diablo, always has been and Blizzard is doing everything they can to monetize their games to the extreme, which has been shown clearly in most of Blizzard's games and RMAH in Diablo 3 is a clear winner of the most dick move Blizzard has made in years.

That's my personal opinion obviously. Removal of the RMAH would remove a lot of issues with gearing. While I don't mind the grinding in Diablo 3, in fact I'm rather used to it, they are taking it way too far at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    as long as buying gear stays better than finding gear only thing i can think of d3 is 'what's the point?'
    using circular logic,
    someone found the gear that you are buying.

you could of found that gear.

plus it is much better than having to use a service like d2jsp or random trade games in D2 looking for an item you want.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Will higher levels of Paragon reduce my rubber banding?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    Will higher levels of Paragon reduce my rubber banding?
    I personally haven't rubberbanded for a few weeks now, since I got back on my college's internet connection. And I still play a good 4hrs or so a day to relax while watching my series :<. vault-tactical advantage with 4 set natalya's build, so it's not like I don't use the movement skills that triggers it, either. Are you sure it's not your connection that's unstable, or perhaps something in between you and blizz server?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    Remove the RMAH = Diablo 3 100% better, but I am pretty much just saying what I've been saying since launch of the RMAH. It ruined the game.
    Now we just need to get people to price their items properly on the gold AH... /sigh

Gear is everything in Diablo, always has been and Blizzard is doing everything they can to monetize their games to the extreme, which has been shown clearly in most of Blizzard's games and RMAH in Diablo 3 is a clear winner of the most dick move Blizzard has made in years.

That's my personal opinion obviously. Removal of the RMAH would remove a lot of issues with gearing. While I don't mind the grinding in Diablo 3, in fact I'm rather used to it, they are taking it way too far at the moment.
    Do you seriously think gear would be cheaper without RMAH? If anything it would be more expensive for few reasons. Every time gold is sold on RMAH 15% of it is removed from economy. That alone makes the gear slightly cheaper since there's less gold circulating.
    But hey, you will bring the "RMAH is the reason bots are around so if there's no RMAH there would be no bots and items would be cheaper" thing. You know what? Ever played D2? There were no RMAH there but look...there were bots around, many many more than in D3. And people were buying gold on 3rd party sites. Ever heard of djsp? Funny thing is gear was cheaper in D2 too...cos of bots! Look at that!
    So please, tell me how would not having RMAH solve anything? RMAH gave people safe way to sell/buy what they want which they would do ANYWAY via some 3rd party sites if there wasn't RMAH and they would risk getting scammed and so on.
    In the end, if you don't have anything smart to say or you don't think through what you're about to...please don't .

Quote Originally Posted by Ashe-Arathor View Post
    So you can grind while you're grinding?
    Yo dawg..

It's not gonna change anything, the game is still broken in many other ways and they choose to address the least urgent one.
    You honestly can't say anything about endgame before you have beaten Diablo on Inferno. And that's still a small minority of the people playing.
    I've killed Diablo on Inferno on two characters. Pre nerf mind you.

Yes, paragon levels will just be something to grind. But it's the carrot on a stick effect. With paragon levels, it will feel like you're actually making progress, like something is changing. With just grinding gear, progress is random. It feels like you're going nowhere fast, so it stagnates. Simple concepts that don't really change anything, sure, but Humans are simple creatures. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I personally haven't rubberbanded for a few weeks now, since I got back on my college's internet connection. And I still play a good 4hrs or so a day to relax while watching my series :<. vault-tactical advantage with 4 set natalya's build, so it's not like I don't use the movement skills that triggers it, either. Are you sure it's not your connection that's unstable, or perhaps something in between you and blizz server?
    I have a 1.4MB/s fiber optic connection with pings like 15-30 in CS:S. No lag whatsoever in other games, 80-100 ping back when I used to play WoW on the Medivh server. Got all settings on lowest with 1024x1280 (my computer is garbage, but it can still play Space Marine on low-medium with less lag than D3). It also runs GW2 on low with 30-40 fps.

Deleted
    Looking forward to this alot. Unlike some usual negatic nancy's here i actually enjoy the D3 gameplay ALOT.

Just lacks a carrot on a stick and this could be it.

Only thing thats worrying me is if they manage to put this feature into 1.0.4.

I mean the patch hits like tomorrow or so. not much time left for blizz to announce it.

Though i guess they DID announce MF changes for 1.0.4 Some weeks ago right?
    And this would fit together with the MF change very well.
    Lets see i suspect the blog/patchnotes about it will come out sometime today.

Ps: For me personally D3 has been the best gaming "purchase" i have ever made. (Didnt really purchase it, got it free from anual pass since i dont plan on cancelling wow for a long time anways)
    I have made Hundreds on the RMAH casually selling some stuff and see myself logging in for some relaxing monsterbashing every now and then between other games for many years to come.
    <3 Thix blizz for giving me money for doing something i enjoy
    Last edited by mmoce9fd2c427d; 2012-08-20 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a bad computer that runs 20 fps unless i am in an area with high gfx effects (act4 all the background falling angels) butcher floor fires etc... will drop me to 10 fps easily, lots of monsters do the same thing, sometimes random downwards spikes to 4-5 fps.
    yet my connection is lovely though cable internet, no where near your 'fibre' connection,

yet somehow i don't 'rubberband' anymore either.

btw that fps is with fullscreen 800*600 and all settings turned down,
    on games i usually like windowed fullscreen but with a widescreen monitor / resolution i guess it just won't do it(setting isn't there if on windowed fullscreen)
    mainly for alt tabbing back and forth.

no idea where you are coming from ragnarokvr1, no rubberbanding here using a computer BELOW minimum spec's (pentium4 3.06ghertz, AGP video card even, my mobo doesn't even have pci-x)

and yet i seem to run it better than you albeit a lower resolution?
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Deleted
    Is this about the paragon guild? lol nice name...

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    as long as buying gear stays better than finding gear only thing i can think of d3 is 'what's the point?'
    This express my feelings.

The biggest problem of D3 is "why playing when i can buy everything without effort and win". I just hope that this system will make farming at 60 more worth than it is now and actually make AH an option to cover holes in gear.

Still, buying in AH is faster than any moethond of endgame they can create, hence after the first time when everything's new, the game will return to the state it is now - AHfest.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    uh so band aid fix for terrible design of lvl cap and item budget...
    but i guess they have no other choice cause in order to fix d3 properly they would have to redesign whole game from the scratch...
    Nah the game can easily be fixed just by fixing the loot.

All level 60 loot has minimum stat rolls. A level 60 item shouldnt be worse than something your level 30 alt is wearing. There. One easy fix and the game is fine. Also get rid of worthless affixes that no one uses like health globe bonuses

For example:

level 61 item cant roll lower than 50 of any stat, 20 resist all
    level 62 item cant roll lower than 75 stats, 30 resist all
    level 63 item cant roll lower than 100 stats, 40 resist all

It wont necessarily end up with of all the stats I mentioned just that if it does get any of those stats those are the minimums

REMOVE ALL ITEMS WITH GOLD FIND AND PICK UP RAIDIUS: Only bots use those items if they are gone it would reduced the damage bots cause since its been made perfectly clear Blizzard has no intentions of ever banning htem.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-20 at 01:29 PM.

I have a 1.4MB/s fiber optic connection with pings like 15-30 in CS:S. No lag whatsoever in other games, 80-100 ping back when I used to play WoW on the Medivh server. Got all settings on lowest with 1024x1280 (my computer is garbage, but it can still play Space Marine on low-medium with less lag than D3). It also runs GW2 on low with 30-40 fps.
    FPS or game settings that adjusts your graphics doesn't have anything to do with rubber banding, it's an entirely connection based issue (game thinks you're not where you are and drags you back to the position it wants you to be at). FPS is framerate lag, which is your computers hardware and potentially software .
    In any case, I usually have sub-10-20 latency when on WoW, so that might be the difference, you have almost five times as much^^.

That has got to be the worst fiber connection in history, or you are totally full of crap which you most likely are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by garoboldy View Post
    That has got to be the worst fiber connection in history, or you are totally full of crap which you most likely are.
    I think he is confusing the actual download speed he might have , 1.4mBYTE per second, where as his internet provider probably provide him with fiber up to 50mbps?

1.4mbps fiber doesnt exist I think... thats not even fiber lol