Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    perhaps they'll have the xp bar fill up as you make purchases off the rmah.

i'm not sure how a second leveling system addresses any of the major problems with the game.
    It's adding more leveling to end game which will work for a period of time while they work on content/loot for end game. It also gets MF out of the game entirely over the long term. That may be good or bad but it's a direction and not drifting aimlessly.

1.0.4 is going to create an altogether different post-60 game for better or worse.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 04:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rubiconator View Post
    Paragon level gives you statpoints aswell, so I dont understand your post?
    This is one of the few things that I agree with Atrahasis on. Receiving stat points pre-assigned and receiving stat points that you can distribute yourself are very different things. Opinion here: One is a lot more interesting than the other. Once I heard about Paragon levels I had actually hoped that additional stat points could go where I wanted them to go. So that's a disappointment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    This is one of the few things that I agree with Atrahasis on. Receiving stat points pre-assigned and receiving stat points that you can distribute yourself are very different things. Opinion here: One is a lot more interesting than the other. Once I heard about Paragon levels I had actually hoped that additional stat points could go where I wanted them to go. So that's a disappointment.
    The core stat system in D3 was widely simplified. If you play a DH and want to stack STR for some reason then you can do that with gear. Getting free DPS (primary stat) and EH (vitality) is icing on the cake to since as you level you can start phasing out MF on your gear. Plus this way they don't have to wait and develop/test a dynamic UI that needs to be added and made portraits and crap instead.

Now if they did something where you could add damage or power to your favorite skill or rune then I could see that as needing to be dynamic.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    The core stat system in D3 was widely simplified. If you play a DH and want to stack STR for some reason then you can do that with gear. Getting free DPS (primary stat) and EH (vitality) is icing on the cake to since as you level you can start phasing out MF on your gear. Plus this way they don't have to wait and develop/test a dynamic UI that needs to be added and made portraits and crap instead.

Now if they did something where you could add damage or power to your favorite skill or rune then I could see that as needing to be dynamic.
    I enjoy games where I get to exercise my OCD about my character PoE is sort of like OCD-heaven in that regard if you've ever seen the trees for it. They're both amazing and appalling all at once.

Yeah, the Paragon addition is much simpler and really even elegant in a way. I think it's a good change. Regrets and disappointments are relatively mild.