View Poll Results: What would you be?

Voters
208. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hero

    61 29.33%
  • Villain

    46 22.12%
  • Anti-Hero(Mercenary, Bounty Hunter)

    87 41.83%
  • Neither...I would be Human (LAME)

    14 6.73%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You shouldn't insult or talk down to people, it makes you look very undignified.

    And yes, people with military weapons are a real thing. And when you reduce Batman and Iron Man that much, that's basically all they are. And no, you cannot learn all the hand to hand styles in the world in 5 years. You can't even master one in that time. There are hundreds of unarmed styles in the world. Even getting the basics down of each one, and retaining the information and muscle memory would take more than one lifetime.

    I get your point perfectly, it's you that's not understand my point. I am disagreeing with you. A lesser version of Batman isn't Batman at all. It's a retard that gets himself killed in under a week trying to play vigilante. You can't be a "like" Batman if you're incredibly inferior to him in every conceivable way. And the way you described Iron Man is more like an idiot failure of a military weapon that would get the user killed via a single tank round. Because in the real world, pressure is a thing.

    I have no doubt that the military will eventually develop power armor of some kind. It probably won't be a thing like Iron Man though.
    This guy again...just stop alright? Will never no, because no one will ever try! Because people are becoming weaker and weaker, over the years we have been around

    getting robbed by a guy with a knife? I mean come on you really can't stop that guy! Getting robbed by a guy who is holding the gun the wrong way, and talking about how scared you where?! Its pathetic if people stand up. if people do something! Anything can be possible, and you can get the basics of fighting style down in 2-3 months tops, you can get to advanced in maybe a little over 2 or 3 years, yes master..I may exaggerated a bit, but It wouldn't take a life time >.> depending on where you start and who is training you! You need the right type of discipline, and the will to keep going on to keep learning to keep trying to master anything, if the whole human race had that we could be good at so much...be quit, all the time we give up and throw in the towel!

    And If I said all of them I didn't mean all of them, just the ones the bat knows. But you can master a fighting style in 5 to alittle under 5 years if you tried. And you wouldn't be incredibly inferior ....just ahhhhhh FUCK IT, lets just stop talking lets agree to disagree

    We both have different mind sets, so lets leave it at that >.>

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 04:45 PM ----------

    Anti-hero
    with Hero close behind =)
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    This guy again...just stop alright? Will never no, because no one will ever try! Because people are becoming weaker and weaker, over the years we have been around

    getting robbed by a guy with a knife? I mean come on you really can't stop that guy! Getting robbed by a guy who is holding the gun the wrong way, and talking about how scared you where?! Its pathetic if people stand up. if people do something! Anything can be possible, and you can get the basics of fighting style down in 2-3 months tops, you can get to advanced in maybe a little over 2 or 3 years, yes master..I may exaggerated a bit, but It wouldn't take a life time >.> depending on where you start and who is training you! You need the right type of discipline, and the will to keep going on to keep learning to keep trying to master anything, if the whole human race had that we could be good at so much...be quit, all the time we give up and throw in the towel!

    And If I said all of them I didn't mean all of them, just the ones the bat knows. But you can master a fighting style in 5 to alittle under 5 years if you tried. And you wouldn't be incredibly inferior ....just ahhhhhh FUCK IT, lets just stop talking lets agree to disagree

    We both have different mind sets, so lets leave it at that >.>

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 04:45 PM ----------

    Anti-hero
    with Hero close behind =)
    For starters, I don't care about all of your human potential bullshit that you're preaching. I'm here to talk about comic books and superpowers. I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. Though I have one more correction for you. "And you wouldn't be incredibly inferior" Yes, you would be. Batman is perfect, and can bench more than his body type would physically allow. If you took the best fighter alive today, or hell, the best fighter to ever live, and put them up against Batman, not holding back, no mercy, Batman would turn their head into a bloody stain in under 5 seconds.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  3. #123
    Grunt iowaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    11
    I would be a hero. I would help others much akin to Spiderman and other heroes from comic books. I could see myself making some profit from my powers though, such as signing on to a government or military contract.

    My powers:
    Launch incredible fire from my body that also has a strong physical force to it. Identical to Tayschrenn's ability to use the warren of Telas in Steven Erikson's works.

    The other power should probably be ice. Being able to cool down those forest fires I started because I am still a noob with my powers would be convenient!

    Traits:
    Vast wisdom - allows me to consider things in the long term more effectively than I do right now.
    Sharp perception - I would hate to have a stray arrow kill me...
    Longevity - no, no, I just want to live much longer than 72. I suppose I would live (not accounting for diseases or a bullet to the head scenario) for 3-4 hundred years.
    May the tank die so that others might live.

  4. #124
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    For starters, I don't care about all of your human potential bullshit that you're preaching. I'm here to talk about comic books and superpowers. I'm perfectly fine with agreeing to disagree. Though I have one more correction for you. "And you wouldn't be incredibly inferior" Yes, you would be. Batman is perfect, and can bench more than his body type would physically allow. If you took the best fighter alive today, or hell, the best fighter to ever live, and put them up against Batman, not holding back, no mercy, Batman would turn their head into a bloody stain in under 5 seconds.
    Who cares? And no he wouldn't he could even move a boulder in the issue

    Batman Venom and he got destroyed by a order group of thugs...so please. don't use wiki actually read a comic >

    Please just stop talking, your wasting your time and wasting my for having to reply to something I'm losing interest in... Batman isn't perfect, he gets beat alot >.>

    He fails to save people alot...

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:43 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by iowaman View Post
    I would be a hero. I would help others much akin to Spiderman and other heroes from comic books. I could see myself making some profit from my powers though, such as signing on to a government or military contract.

    My powers:
    Launch incredible fire from my body that also has a strong physical force to it. Identical to Tayschrenn's ability to use the warren of Telas in Steven Erikson's works.

    The other power should probably be ice. Being able to cool down those forest fires I started because I am still a noob with my powers would be convenient!

    Traits:
    Vast wisdom - allows me to consider things in the long term more effectively than I do right now.
    Sharp perception - I would hate to have a stray arrow kill me...
    Longevity - no, no, I just want to live much longer than 72. I suppose I would live (not accounting for diseases or a bullet to the head scenario) for 3-4 hundred years.
    Nice, thank you for contributing to the actual post ^__^

    Please do not tell users to stop posting. - Markluzz
    Last edited by Markluzz; 2012-08-30 at 03:44 AM.
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    Who cares? And no he wouldn't he could even move a boulder in the issue

    Batman Venom and he got destroyed by a order group of thugs...so please. don't use wiki actually read a comic >

    Please just stop talking, your wasting your time and wasting my for having to reply to something I'm losing interest in... Batman isn't perfect, he gets beat alot >.>

    He fails to save people alot...

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-29 at 10:43 PM ----------



    Nice, thank you for contributing to the actual post ^__^
    First off, I'll stop talking when I'm damn well ready.

    Boulders usually weigh a lot more than 1000 pounds, a LOT. When I say Batman is perfect, I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes, (and 1v1 combat is a LOT different than fighting multiple people at once) I'm saying that it's impossible for a Human to be more skilled or physically fit.

    Your insinuation that I don't read comics is a little insulting. I know better than most that the powers, abilities, and even personalities of a character can change quite a bit based on who is writing them.
    If Goku's power level increases at the same rate till the end of DBGT as it does till the end of the Frieza saga, as a SS4 Goku would have a PL of roughly 939 Quinoctogintillion. For reference that is a 260 digit number. A PL of 14,600 is required to destroy an earth sized planet. There are about 2 nonillion earths worth of mass in the universe. That means SS4 Goku can destroy the universe about 32 Octosexagintillion times over. There's a reason they made Goku a god at the end of GT.

  6. #126
    Please stop the debates, that's not what this thread is for

  7. #127
    Brewmaster jahasafrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,305
    Villain. Not because I bear ill will toward the general public, but because I'd use my abilities as means to my own ends. My apathy for most other people would prevent me even from being an anti-hero, I'd keep my powers low-key and probably use them to do a lot of stealing.

    Power 1: Teleportation - I be doing a lot of traveling.
    Power 2: Scrying (just present and past, not the future) - I love to learn and I get insanely curious about historical mysteries (ie, what the hell did the Nazi's do with the Amber Room?)

    Trait 1: Effortlessly physically fit
    Trait 2: Ability to fluently speak, write, and read all languages

  8. #128
    Warchief Kuthe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,147
    I'd choose to be a hero.

    I'd want the powers to teleport, stop time, invisibility, and control the four basic elements *like a master airbender or whatever they are called*.
    Stop the evil douches, while making sure my powers don't accidently kill any moronic citizens who get in the way.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

    Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

  9. #129
    If the power was strong enough I didn't have anything to fear from any government or weapons, I'd probably be a villain. I may not be actively malevolent, but who would bother obeying rules when they simply can't do anything to you when you break them?

  10. #130
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    First off, I'll stop talking when I'm damn well ready.

    Boulders usually weigh a lot more than 1000 pounds, a LOT. When I say Batman is perfect, I'm not saying he doesn't make mistakes, (and 1v1 combat is a LOT different than fighting multiple people at once) I'm saying that it's impossible for a Human to be more skilled or physically fit.

    Your insinuation that I don't read comics is a little insulting. I know better than most that the powers, abilities, and even personalities of a character can change quite a bit based on who is writing them.

    Exactly, you hit the hammer on the head with that one...that last sentence right, there good job! Same with that wiki page too, that I check out sometimes! And the things they say/have in there aren't displayed well or even at all in the comic books.

    Perfect means, Perfect...in everything ^_^ are we done here? Why did i get infraction for that post who knows. And its not impossible, now can you please leave me alone >.>

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:17 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Please stop the debates, that's not what this thread is for
    EXACTLY! Thank the LORD!

    <3

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I'd choose to be a hero.

    I'd want the powers to teleport, stop time, invisibility, and control the four basic elements *like a master airbender or whatever they are called*.
    Stop the evil douches, while making sure my powers don't accidently kill any moronic citizens who get in the way.
    To bad 2 powers, 2 traits thanks for letting us know though

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-31 at 08:19 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    If the power was strong enough I didn't have anything to fear from any government or weapons, I'd probably be a villain. I may not be actively malevolent, but who would bother obeying rules when they simply can't do anything to you when you break them?
    Yeah...nice post and all but no power description no nothing at all....>.> Lol
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  11. #131
    Human beings are much more powerful than we may ever fully comprehend. We already have "super powers". It's merely a matter of finding what it is you are great at.

    If it has to be a fictional thing, though, I will have to go with Magneto. The ability to manipulate all forms of metal, even the ones that course through our bodies, is the ultimate power to me. Almost everything has metal of some sort in it. Sure, we could make everything out of plastic, but that just isn't going to happen. Ever.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

  12. #132
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    Human beings are much more powerful than we may ever fully comprehend. We already have "super powers". It's merely a matter of finding what it is you are great at.

    If it has to be a fictional thing, though, I will have to go with Magneto. The ability to manipulate all forms of metal, even the ones that course through our bodies, is the ultimate power to me. Almost everything has metal of some sort in it. Sure, we could make everything out of plastic, but that just isn't going to happen. Ever.
    No we have abilities and talents...not powers
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  13. #133
    Scarab Lord Satan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Medellín, Colombia
    Posts
    4,702
    I would not know, probably kill rapists and people with beliefs contrary to my own, and become some sort of terrorist police, ruling with fear.
    Last edited by Satan; 2012-09-02 at 07:03 PM.
    pro-gun liberal

  14. #134
    If I could have any super power, hmm, that is a good question. I think I'd like to have the power of molecule man. Older age super hero, but for those of us that read the secret wars - he was on the good guy side (along with victor von doom, LOL!) but he didn't understand why he was chosen to participate - since he had chosen to give up his powers long ago.

    His power was to control anything and everything at the moleculor level, meaning he could take all of the atoms in an apple - and re-arrange them to become the empire state building. Or, simply make the earth go *poof* with a single thought. Yea that's the one I would want.

    @ theone - I would've taken magneto's powers as well - I used to think he was indeed the most powerful - but he doesn't hold a candle to molecule man - so I'll stick with that.
    Last edited by salamala; 2012-09-02 at 07:15 PM.

  15. #135
    Bloodsail Admiral Duito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Somewhere between Reality and Fiction!
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Galil ACE View Post
    I would not know, probably kill rapists and people with beliefs contrary to my own, and become some sort of terrorist police, ruling with fear.
    Well....you sound like a threat, and a loon

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-08 at 08:01 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by salamala View Post
    If I could have any super power, hmm, that is a good question. I think I'd like to have the power of molecule man. Older age super hero, but for those of us that read the secret wars - he was on the good guy side (along with victor von doom, LOL!) but he didn't understand why he was chosen to participate - since he had chosen to give up his powers long ago.

    His power was to control anything and everything at the moleculor level, meaning he could take all of the atoms in an apple - and re-arrange them to become the empire state building. Or, simply make the earth go *poof* with a single thought. Yea that's the one I would want.

    @ theone - I would've taken magneto's powers as well - I used to think he was indeed the most powerful - but he doesn't hold a candle to molecule man - so I'll stick with that.

    Sounds like a god like power, so I'm going to have to say no...
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

    LIFE

    (L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

  16. #136

    I just had to post that.
    I hope this hasnt been posted before.

  17. #137
    i like helping people so hero

  18. #138
    Super Strength
    Flight
    Speed
    Durability
    Martial Arts
    Energy Blasts
    ...Goku

  19. #139
    I chose to be a villain

    I would like to have the ability to control fire, teleportation, flying and invisibility :P

  20. #140
    hm... I`d want to be a villain and since i`d be a villain i`d have to have a power that gives me a lot of control and power... so i`d probably go with something like the ability to stop and start time, and the ability to teleport anywhere on earth that i`ve seen and can visualize.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •