Shadow Orbs & Empowered Shadow Poweraura's Export

Hi all, for a long time I have been searching for a simple Shadow Orb & Empowered Shadow Timer for Power Auras, however I have not been able to find a reliable one, so I finally decided to make it myself. It's very basic and not anything fancy, just something small that does the job. I decided I would post the Export of my Shadow Orbs & Empowered Shadow Timer for Power Auras here, so that others who are looking for the same thing will be able to use it.

Please note, that the positions are not based for the original game UI, and have been placed specifically for the UI and customizations that I use (LUI). If you wish to move around the settings, the options can be found by using the in-game command /powa and then clicking the Shadow Orb & Empowered Shadow icons, and hitting the 'edit' button below.

To use this, you must have the AddOn Power Auras.

Shadow Orbs:
    Version:4.23; stacksLower:1; icon:spell_priest_shadoworbs; buffname:Shadow Orb; begin:3; x:-418; customname:Shadow Orbs; stacks:3; alpha:0.64; aurastext:Shadow Orb (1); owntex:true; inVehicle:0; stacksOperator:-; PowerType:1; size:0.17; torsion:1.02; y:-104; texmode:2; ismounted:0; finish:3; stacks.enabled:true; stacks.y:-140; stacks.x:-408; stacks.h:1.1

Empowered Shadow:
    Version:4.23; icon:inv_chaos_orb; buffname:Empowered Shadow; begin:3; x:-418; owntex:true; size:0.17; y:0; finish:3; timer.h:1.1; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.y:-36; timer.x:-418

Good luck, hope it's what some of you are looking for.
    Last edited by Sinnoh; 2012-08-20 at 04:51 AM.

Considering we're about one week away from ES being removed completely, I don't see much point in that.

You have a point, however whether someone likes it and gets to use it for 1-3 weeks such as myself, then it can still be of some use.

If remade for shadow orbs as a resource in beta or upcoming 5.0, some use indeed.
    ES R.I.P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnoh View Post
    You have a point, however whether someone likes it and gets to use it for 1-3 weeks such as myself, then it can still be of some use.
    Correction: One week. You'll use it for one week. The patch is the Tuesday after tomorrow.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Correction: One week. You'll use it for one week. The patch is the Tuesday after tomorrow.
    I appreciate the post, but there wasn't exactly anything to correct. I have returned to the game just last week and was unaware of when the patch would be coming in, but referring back to the releases of both Wrath and Cata, as I'm a player from about 06', and seeing that the background downloader was now installing the patch which means that the preparations for MoP will soon be released, I stated between one and three weeks, which is still one week as you attempted to correct me.

Regardless, the point still stands, whether for a single week, people can still make use of this for a week if they wish.
    Last edited by Sinnoh; 2012-08-20 at 01:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I appreciate the post, but there wasn't exactly anything to correct. I have returned to the game just last week and was unaware of when the patch would be coming in, but referring back to the releases of both Wrath and Cata, as I'm a player from about 06', and seeing that the background downloader was now installing the patch which means that the preparations for MoP will soon be released, I stated between one and three weeks, which is still one week as you attempted to correct me.

Regardless, the point still stands, whether for a single week, people can still make use of this for a week if they wish.
    I'm not really sure what the need to mention how long you've been playing was. I've been playing since 07, not sure where that fits into the conversation. Several people in this thread have just suggested that perhaps the usefulness of having this kind of addon this late into the expansion may be low, and perhaps efforts would be better made into producing addons that will be relevant in the upcoming content. Nobody wants your efforts to be mostly wasted.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    I'm not really sure what the need to mention how long you've been playing was. I've been playing since 07, not sure where that fits into the conversation. Several people in this thread have just suggested that perhaps the usefulness of having this kind of addon this late into the expansion may be low, and perhaps efforts would be better made into producing addons that will be relevant in the upcoming content. Nobody wants your efforts to be mostly wasted.
    I understand, just something to remember though is that Power Auras is the actual addon and all I did was make a small animation using the in-game options of Power Auras, overall it took about 30-60 minutes, which is why I thought it could have been worthwhile posting so that people could test it and/or use it during the last week of the Cataclysm engine. I appreciate the concern however.

I understand, just something to remember though is that Power Auras is the actual addon and all I did was make a small animation using the in-game options of Power Auras, overall it took about 30-60 minutes, which is why I thought it could have been worthwhile posting so that people could test it and/or use it during the last week of the Cataclysm engine. I appreciate the concern however.
    That is very sweet of you.

Nevermind that subset of shadowpriests who a) don't know how to track orbs this far into expansion; b) watch these forums at all; and c) aren't busy with levelling to look at the forums (even if they do visit mmo-c); might very well consist of one single person.

P.S. I'm sorry if that sounded offensive, it wasn't meant to, I just couldn't resist.