Thread: Big patch

10+ Year Old Account

Big patch

Suppose to be a big patch incoming, but I'm having a weird prob.

The launcher comes up but it keeps blinking back and forth between Downloading 0 and 1 KB, and blinking back and forth between 1 and 2 KB per sec.

Anyone else having this? Any ideas?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    lol got the same problem now

it justs switch from 0kb to 1 / 1kb to 2kb and repeats
    Last edited by mmoc796f4edb2b; 2012-08-20 at 05:58 AM.

Me too, my advice is to try another time... not like its useful to update right now anyway.

That might be true. My first two thoughts: Current update not avail but launcher is ready to pick it up. And second... check forums just in case .

edit: And just now it started downloading... above 9,5k files.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-20 at 06:20 AM.

Did the same for me. I X'd it out after few minutes, then opened it again a few minutes later and now it's downloading. 9500ish files.

I'm up over 400mb's downloaded, but the speed keeps fluctuating badly. It's sitting at around 1.9k files left and 80% done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Working now, these guys are ON IT.
    Valar morghulis

After patching when I press "Log In" my client just crashes after few secs and pops with "send report to Anet" .

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    After patching when I press "Log In" my client just crashes after few secs and pops with "send report to Anet" .
    Glad to know it's not just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Glad to know it's not just me.
    Me as well.

Now its fixed :P. All back to normal! Now just wait for a stress test (if any) or headstart :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Now its fixed :P. All back to normal! Now just wait for a stress test (if any) or headstart :P.
    Haha, We can hope right? xD "Oh yes, they patched! WE GET TO STRESS IT! Yeah baby!" That's what a part of me is saying, the other part is saying. "They'll make you wait till the 25th"

Quote Originally Posted by Vengfulr3ap3r View Post
    Haha, We can hope right? xD "Oh yes, they patched! WE GET TO STRESS IT! Yeah baby!" That's what a part of me is saying, the other part is saying. "They'll make you wait till the 25th"
    Well I dont really mind... its just 5 days left till I get to KEEP WHAT I DO in the game :P.

I think there will indeed be another stress test. Tuesday maybe? Then if there are issues they have 3 days to clear some of it up.

Deleted
    I HOPE there's another one. So many decisions to make about character creation yet. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    I HOPE there's another one. So many decisions to make about character creation yet. :/
    I agree. The game has a ton of options and most of us have not had enough time to fully explore a lot of them.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

I just read your post and run my client. it patches just fine with no problem...There is enough time for you to make a clean install :P because if the time comes and you have problem with the client it will be bad

edit: that happens if you only read the first post...

oops I just noticed the Spain flag in the launcher after todays patch. So maybe is not for a stress test but mostly to update the client for Spanish servers :P
    Last edited by papajohn4; 2012-08-20 at 08:08 AM.
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nop no problem, getting my full 8MB/sec, should be done downloading in 2 mins :P
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    Nop no problem, getting my full 8MB/sec, should be done downloading in 2 mins :P
    Pretty much this, no problems at all ^_^