Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    So from this we get a panda cooking assistant, apron, main hand , offhand - chef's hat from Dalaran and we're set!
    Clearly going to have to get my Panda monk the chef title, just as well I don't mind dailies and time sinks cos this is going to take awhile...

10+ Year Old Account
    Again Mihir thanks for another ossum guide!
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Just a correction, the 25 man feasts for the different ways give +8 skill up instead of +5.

This means that ffor Way of the Oven for example:

Banquet of the Oven x 5 = 25 skill ups

5 100 Year Soy Sauce
    50 Krasarang Paddlefish
    50 Raw Turtle Meat
    250 Mogu Pumpkin

Great Banquet of the Oven x 3 = 24 skill ups

3 100 year Soy Sauce
    60 Krasaran Paddlefish
    60 Raw Turtle Meat
    300 Mogu Pumpkin

The discrepancy isn't as bad as it used to be for skill ups.
    Last edited by Annalese; 2012-09-11 at 05:45 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks, updated the guide.

Nice guide, thanks a lot.

great guide. if ur like me and just want the feasts for raiding, way of the oven is the easiest route as that requires basically just fishing. those mob drops are really annoying and can take quite a while.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

This guide was dead on about everything and amazing. Very well written. thank you TONS. As someone who wasn't in beta, this is a must have.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Thought this would be useful:

AH and buy about 42 Golden Carp. Go to the cooking vendor Stephen Wong(horde) at Shrine of 2 Moons/ Shrine of 7 stars. They should be in that area where all the recipe vendors are. Pick up about 50-60 Ginseng (they cost about 3g each).

Everything else from 1-525 can be bought from the trainer: Sungshin Ironpaw in Halfhill.

With the first tier of MoP food (525), I recommend you keep making the original recipes until....
    A) If you are in a 25m guild STOP AT 554
    B) If you are in a 10m guild STOP AT 555
    EXCEPTION: Level Wok to 550 (25m) or 551 (10m) then move on to tier 2 recipe

Then for the 275 food (learned at 550),
    A) If you are in a 25m guild make 11 of the above and STOP AT 576
    B) If you are in a 10m guild make 10 of the above and STOP AT 575

That way you can do 3x 25m feasts or 5x 10m feasts to finish your way to 600
    Last edited by Windry; 2012-09-30 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    If you manage to get all 6 ways to 600 skill, you will get the achievement Master of Pandaren Cooking. This will allow you to get 300 stats from Pandaren Banquets, while players without Master of Pandaren Cooking will only get 275 stats from them.
    This part is *not* true. No idea why you would think so - unlike the Way-specific banquets, there is no mention of "may benefit some more than others" in the tooltip of the Pandaren Banquet.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    This part is *not* true. No idea why you would think so - unlike the Way-specific banquets, there is no mention of "may benefit some more than others" in the tooltip of the Pandaren Banquet.
    Do you know anyone who has 600 of each skill to confirm this?

Deleted
    I asked various ppl with master of the ways on the beta and they all said it worked this way. I guess it's possible it got removed for live...

I haven't gotten that far yet so have not been able to try myself.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hycooki/simple

Tested the Great Pandaren Banquet, got 275, not 300.

Nice guide!
    And going a bit off topic have any one seen a guide/site for pet battles?
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    So was this ever confirmed that its a bug or it was removed from live and that there is no way you can get 300 stats from feasts?

At 575, all Ways get recipes for a 10man and a 25man Banquet (the new feasts), that will increase stats by 250. Note that the Banquets are not bound to the Way's stat; a DPS warrior eating from a Banquet of the Steamer will still get 250 Strength from it, even tho the Way of the Steamer is associated with Spirit. Crafting a Banquet will grant 5 (10man) or 8 (25man) skillups as long as it's orange.

anyone notice when you drop a banquet of the steamer, the tanks get stam, agi/str users get their respective stat, healers get SPIRIT, and casters get spirit even if its a mage or lock. is this a bug or what cuz i have quite a few steamer banquets im not dropping because of this.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Master of the ways so I tested the Great Pandaren Banquet to see if I got 300 stats, I did not. I got 275 and here is a screenshot for further proof!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you so much!!!!
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Deleted
    wow!
    thank you so much for this great summarization