Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

[Mop] Ret Weapon Specialization

Was browsing through talents and whatnot and came across our weapon specialization talent to realize that it's no longer 25% but is now 10%?
    Now I'm not crying about warriors, just curious when that happened and why I guess? :\ Considering the consensus on how the spec is, that dmg might help.

Live
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paladin : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=20113
    vs
    Warrior : http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12712
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mop
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Paladin : http://www.wowdb.com/spells/20113-sw...do-not-display
    vs
    Warrior : http://www.wowdb.com/spells/12712-seasoned-soldier
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I could be misinterpreting this, and it could be fine/even or whatnot, just seems odd.
    Last edited by fears; 2012-08-20 at 02:34 PM.

Armory : Fear@Cho'Gall UI Screen : Elv UI Wow Progress : Vindictive
    Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Deleted
    I believe they nerfed it to 20% and the to 10%. It happened because we were doing too much damage, according to Blizzard atleast. And of course that damage would help, I can't really recall when extra damage didn't help, I mean it's not like we're screaming out with joy when we get nerfed, right?

Deleted
    Becouse Ghostcrawler! Don't expect it to make much sense, just another random change. Ah yeah also we can't top the meters, no no no we can't have that. Otherwie: mages , warriors and locks would cry too much.
    Last edited by mmoc3c86fd3c1f; 2012-08-20 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Idrael View Post
    Becouse Ghostcrawler! Don't expect it to make much sense, just another random change. Ah yeah also we can't top the meters, no no no we can't have that. Otherwie: mages , warriors and locks would cry too much.
    All of your posts seem to exist solely to call GC out.

We can beat warriors now, by the way.

@Fear 1) your Transmog is nice, I like how it works with gurth. 2) it did happen a little bit ago because it seems that having that coefficient so high had us dealing too much damage and mast 25% it's harder to tune other things properly. Bringing the "across the board" number down allows them to increase things individually for balancing which is /probably/ easier.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    All of your posts seem to exist solely to call GC out.

We can beat warriors now, by the way.

@Fear 1) your Transmog is nice, I like how it works with gurth. 2) it did happen a little bit ago because it seems that having that coefficient so high had us dealing too much damage and mast 25% it's harder to tune other things properly. Bringing the "across the board" number down allows them to increase things individually for balancing which is /probably/ easier.
    We can beat warriors now?Thanks for the laugh.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the xmog comment. =)

I was just more curious as why ours was @ 10% when last I heard it was 20% and thought they just took off 5% and not 15% from our original 25%.

I guess it is what it is, and theres nothing that can be done. Im dreading playing this game as of late, and havent even commited to pandaria.
    I feel like this is going to be Tier11 all over again, but thats my own skepticism.

Cpu : Intel I7-2600k Mem : 16gb Corsair Vengeance Psu : Corsair HX1050 Gfx : EVGA GTX 770

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea weapon dmg is doubled for everyone. But our passive is @ 10%, warriors are @ 25%.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fears View Post
    Thanks for the xmog comment. =)

I was just more curious as why ours was @ 10% when last I heard it was 20% and thought they just took off 5% and not 15% from our original 25%.

I guess it is what it is, and theres nothing that can be done. Im dreading playing this game as of late, and havent even commited to pandaria.
    I feel like this is going to be Tier11 all over again, but thats my own skepticism.
    As usual the nerfs happens and everyone will say it's just beta let them tweak the numbers but ya we don't fall in the same class as Warrior and I too would call GC out on this one. I definitely agree with Idrael.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Every transition patch Ret has been lower than where we wound up once the xpacs were released. 5.0.4 is in many ways a huge beta, so we'll just have to wait and see where Ret winds up in Blizzards game of musical chairs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know it's unrelated, but I supremely dislike when people say "it's just beta" especially regarding Ret which they usually find a way to mess up. Because after beta, we're playing a live version of beta, only now it's called a release. I don't want to recieve a minor buff like in T12 "after thousands of boss kills" realizing our dmg was poop. Just super skeptical is all I am I guess :-x

10+ Year Old Account
    That is arms only, and arms is way behind fury in MoP, no top end warriors will be arms, so that weapon specialization doesn't really do much. In pve atleast

Quote Originally Posted by fears View Post
    I know it's unrelated, but I supremely dislike when people say "it's just beta" especially regarding Ret which they usually find a way to mess up. Because after beta, we're playing a live version of beta, only now it's called a release. I don't want to recieve a minor buff like in T12 "after thousands of boss kills" realizing our dmg was poop. Just super skeptical is all I am I guess :-x
    This isn't going to happen again because there is less RNG dictating our DPS this time around. They won't need as many samples to make an informed evaluation.
    Last edited by Reith; 2012-08-20 at 07:50 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you are right. Hmm, maybe my worry was for nothing then.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's kind of dishonest to compare the two abilities directly and say "why is theirs so much higher?", especially spec passives like this. There's no context with a straight comparison.
    Last edited by Malthanis; 2012-08-20 at 07:55 PM.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leokegan View Post
    That is arms only, and arms is way behind fury in MoP, no top end warriors will be arms, so that weapon specialization doesn't really do much. In pve atleast
    Arms was behind fury and it's not even close to being behind fury now it's perfectly fine to question why they hit 25% harder with a 2 handed weapon.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 08:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    It's kind of dishonest to compare the two abilities directly and say "why is theirs so much higher?", especially spec passives like this. There's no context with a straight comparison.
    I don't have any idea what you are trying to say but there is no reason they can't be compared.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

its better if they would remove that and increase the dmg of all abilitys
    so we can use 1hand for some duells/start of arena again

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    As usual the nerfs happens and everyone will say it's just beta let them tweak the numbers but ya we don't fall in the same class as Warrior and I too would call GC out on this one. I definitely agree with Idrael.
    I understand he represents their opinions/changes, announces and defends them but I'd bet money he's not the only person at blizzard headquarters that has a deep hatred for rets :P
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    I understand he represents their opinions/changes, announces and defends them but I'd bet money he's not the only person at blizzard headquarters that has a deep hatred for rets :P
    I'm sure there are more people I tend to agree because of what Ret constantly goes through.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    I don't have any idea what you are trying to say but there is no reason they can't be compared.
    Just because they do the same thing, doesn't mean they can be compared directly. You would also have to compare all of the abilities they affect, including auto-attack damage, in order to do any kind of direct comparison between the two. So no, you can't take these two abilities and compare them in a vacuum.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!