Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
  1. #101
    Field Marshal Javey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not to get off-topic, because this really isn't the thread for it, but... I personally believe that while they'll get back a good chunk of subscribers, after a while people will realize that MoP did not bring major changes to the gameplay. Sure, the game will be improved, but it will still be WoW. Raiding will still be the name of the game. People may realize that slowly, and those who are disappointed by that, will drop back out again.

    Not going to make predictions on the numbers, no point in it - but I don't doubt that WoW has jumped the shark. They can no longer maintain such an extreme popularity, and the population should spread out more evenly across the industry as a whole.
    Oh yeah of course, even I am not going back to WoW because I know myself that it'll be the same thing as before, just new skins. I don't think there's any doubt about that, I think that even those excited for the game even know that. I also think after some time that the population well even out, but I think we would have to wait for that maybe a year after the release of both GW2 and MoP. Perhaps a release of a new MMO can help out the balance even more.

  2. #102
    High Overlord Eomar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    105
    Woot Go GW2

  3. #103
    Herald of the Titans TheEaterofSouls's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    2,637
    Glad to see people excited. But didn't this happen before with SWTOR's release? Did it get this much hype?

    I'm just wondering. Cuz if that's true some of these people could be hypocrites. Others may feel disappointed with end-game as it's different then wow's
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2012-08-20 at 11:58 PM.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    People that play WoW.
    A lot more then just them. Every MMO that gets any sort of hype train behind it is a "WoW Killer" which propels it up to even more hype. It's strange how so many people want to "kill" WoW while at the same time still playing WoW. I mean I come back to WoW because honestly nothing grabs me as much and I have a lot of time invested in the game and my characters. If for some reason my account was banned or I had to start from square 1, I wouldn't start over again to be honest.

  5. #105
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,029
    Quote Originally Posted by thelordymir View Post
    A lot more then just them. Every MMO that gets any sort of hype train behind it is a "WoW Killer" which propels it up to even more hype. It's strange how so many people want to "kill" WoW while at the same time still playing WoW. I mean I come back to WoW because honestly nothing grabs me as much and I have a lot of time invested in the game and my characters. If for some reason my account was banned or I had to start from square 1, I wouldn't start over again to be honest.
    Every person I've seen calling GW2 a "WoW killer" is somebody who's against GW2, or using it for sensationalist article titles. The actual GW2 fans that I've personally experienced have all really been rather indifferent, if not the sort of people to play both.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 07:46 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Glad to see people excited. But didn't this happen before with SWTOR's release? Did it get this much hype?

    I'm just wondering. Cuz if that's true some of these people could be hypocrites. Others may feel disappointed with end-game as it's different then wow's
    I would say it's a different sort of hype (i.e. based primarily on actual gameplay experience, rather than flashy cinematics and long-time franchises), but it's important to note that hype, on it's own, is not a bad thing.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  6. #106
    High Overlord Niwoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Saskatchewan, Canada
    Posts
    186
    Is China actually getting MoP at the same time? I know that they were like 7 months behind in getting Cataclsym and the recent loss in subs was mostly from the eastern market. Anyway, that's totally off-topic sorry.

    Very happy GW2 won the award. Good for Anet, can't wait until the weekend.

  7. #107
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Glad to see people excited. But didn't this happen before with SWTOR's release? Did it get this much hype?

    I'm just wondering. Cuz if that's true some of these people could be hypocrites. Others may feel disappointed with end-game as it's different then wow's
    Sure thing, but keep in mind, most of us have gotten the chance to play the stress tests/BWE 1 to 3.

    For me, the game is not "The freaking wowkiller 100%!111" but it's definately a nice game that it's more than worth it's price (as I thought WoW was when I started playing, sadly I don't think that way anymore, but hey, it's been a nice time playing that game). GW2 has got some nice potential...

    On the sad side, there are some guys who are hating on GW2 because:
    A) It's still on beta testing yet they are winning awards... so did DotA2 and it's doing fairly well.
    B) Most people look at it as the greatest enemy of their beloved game (Yup, some guys do love wow, can't denny it, but hey, it's a game, if you don't like it then don't play it).
    C) We require 10 times more asuras!
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-08-21 at 01:05 AM.

  8. #108
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,029
    And there aren't any "You're not in Azeroth anymore" statements. Hallelujah.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  9. #109
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,406
    Now I have to ask...
    What's the point/validity of a contest held to judge games that are not released yet? Kind of silly imo...

  10. #110
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Now I have to ask...
    What's the point/validity of a contest held to judge games that are not released yet? Kind of silly imo...
    You can play the beta and still have an opinnion on it... if this player choice awards was done when wow was still on beta, what would've been the outcome?
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-08-21 at 01:18 AM.

  11. #111
    Brewmaster Jigowatt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    You can play the beta and still have an opinnion on it... if this player choice awards was done when wow was still on beta, what would've been the outcome?
    Not every game on that list had a beta...
    Even if WoW had won, it would still be a dumb contest.

  12. #112
    Pandaren Monk barackopala's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chile, Viña del Mar
    Posts
    1,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Not every game on that list had a beta...
    Even if WoW had won, it would still be a dumb contest.
    So...? i don't see your point on critizicing a game that's comming out in less than a week that has already been played.

    If the contest is dumb enough, why bothering posting?
    Last edited by barackopala; 2012-08-21 at 07:06 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •