Guild Wars 2 Armor sets on Gem Store

Seeing as no-one posted it yet I thought I'd put it up. It appears that there will be some Armor sets on Gem Store that are Just Cosmetic skins, Word is they also act as transmutation stones and can change your armor with just a simple double click of it.

I'm definitely getting the PrimeVal set for my Charr Warrior.

Edit: So I don't look like crap whilst levelling. Im happy this option is there.
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2012-08-20 at 06:55 PM.

they are just armor skins that are from the first game

The cloth set looks HORRIBLE.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The cloth set looks HORRIBLE.
    i actually love it, the mask fits the mesmer and shoulders can be turned off.

Though the Heavy is damn good looking

Deleted
    Are skins dyeable ?

It's awesome that Arenanet put these in. I always thought the Primeval set for the warrior was one of the most well designed sets in the original game. Personally, I'm gonna save my gems for character slots and just wear the HoM sets until the cool looking gear starts dropping.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    Are skins dyeable ?
    Can't see why they wouldn't be.

Deleted
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18072630

Anyway, I don't really like them. The medium armor is okay, but the GW1 versions were a lot better imo. No need to buy them imo. Might also be the Norn a little though.. (huge shoulders)

Even though I'm going to be starting at launch with 12,000 gems... I'd get way more use out of 500 gems than a skin I'm likely going to replace with Tournament PvP armor.
    The most important thing to realize is, no matter what you experience you are never alone; no matter what you are struggling through, there is always someone who is more unfortunate.

It's Ok to Be Takei (Rank 35/ Fractal Level 22)

This is exactly the kind of thing that was safe to expect to show up in their Store.

Hmmm. Not exactly like the original armors...

I still feel these should have only been for original GW1 player through HOM. Esp. since like some were only accessible if you completed the campaign.

Feels cheap and devaluing to have original armors for gems to like... everyone.

Edit: Also, video author doesn't seem to know the origin of the armors. Thumbs way down for ignorance/bandwagoner. /spit
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-20 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

I still feel these should have only been for original GW1 player through HOM. Esp. since like some were only accessible if you completed the campaign.

Edit: Also, video author doesn't seem to know the origin of the armors. Thumbs way down for ignorance/bandwagoner. /spit
    Dude a lot of us including myself didnt play Guild Wars 1 so we know nothing about what was within the game. Many of us were too busy playing Vanilla WoW at the time and enjoying every second of it.

I first saw guild Wars 2 at gamescom 2009 when they showed the charr warrior gameplay developer walkthrough and I fell in love and have been following ever since an got my digital deluxe and loved every beta weekend. sorry if you feel we are ignorant but lets just be happy this game is awesome together both GW1 players and non-GW1 players.
    Last edited by Bane-Thunder-God; 2012-08-20 at 07:29 PM.

calm down, you are starting to act like me and sylvari lore.

Not sure how I feel about this... would much rather (and still hope we do) see some throwback GW1 prestige armors that take some work to acquire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, the only set that looks good IMO is the Medium one. Unfortunately, I've seen many better Medium sets that I would take in a heartbeat over that.

The Primevale set looks amazing, I will probably get it for my Sylvari Guardian

I have dat Krytan armor in GW1 on my Ranger!!
    Look's good, glad that it's only cosmetic.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    That 3rd set remind anyone of Starscream?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    Not sure how I feel about this... would much rather (and still hope we do) see some throwback GW1 prestige armors that take some work to acquire.
    i highly doubt that, since those prestige armors hold some high demand for the gw1 gamers who never got to wear them. selling those armors would be the right choice for maximum profit. and since money is the goal of every company(im not hating on that, just stating the facts), its only a matter of time until they appear on the store

10+ Year Old Account

I agree fully for this, and from a buisness standpoint this would make them MORE money, because you'd have people playing GW1 for the prestige armors and then gems about from like krytan.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.