Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just pointing out in case you didn't know and if GW2 doesn't end up as your cup of tea, Rift is bringing in RvR at some point too, might have already put it in.
    If by RvR you mean Conquest [3 faction PVP in the world], Rift already has that. Soon no gear/power differential PVP either.

OT: I am excited to just play a new MMO. GW2 is a fun and well made game.

Slightly between MMOs right now because I choose to not dive into another with GW2 so close. So I am ready for some lite fun until the next raid season starts around November or December.

Exciting!
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-20 at 06:56 PM.

Learning more about the game in regards to the world (basically exploring), professions and PvP tactics. And playing with friends .

Everything. Also, everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    a breath of fresh air in a world reigned by wow.

For me, these are the main reasons:

No forced gear grind
    No sub fee
    Massive world to explore
    Dynamic events

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't play the beta and only saw some videos. But I'm pretty excited about the dynamic battle system with dodgeing and weapon swapping.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

I don't know if I can just pick one thing, but to be honest exploring the world is the most exciting cause it is completely new to me.
    Excited

10+ Year Old Account
    or so youve been told

10+ Year Old Account
    I look forward to see what the game world has to offer. I played the original Guild Wars way back in 2006 but it didn't really have lasting appeal to me but I did take interest in some bits of lore etc so I am interested in seeing how that has progressed over the years between the original game and the sequel.

Deleted
    Mmmmmmm shiny and new!!! Rawrawr!

Can't wait

/grin

Deleted
    To just level in PvE at my pace discovering as much as I can zone after zone at the same time as doing end-game PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Just pointing out in case you didn't know and if GW2 doesn't end up as your cup of tea, Rift is bringing in RvR at some point too, might have already put it in.
    The thing that made RvR in DAoC special was its persistence. The only time it ever reset was when they released a big patch or expansion. Rift's RvR, if it's what I think you're referring to, is just a one-shot battleground with three sides that resets as soon as the game finishes. The only thing that differentiates it from Black Garden is that it has a third side.

Unless there's something new entirely they're adding and I just haven't gotten that newsletter yet.

In GW2 I'm not to keen even on the two week reset. At least two weeks allows for some back and forth. I hope I come to accept the reset eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsml View Post
    Not having to play wow anymore.
    So...you guys just play WoW because you have nothing better to do? That's so sad :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks3 View Post
    So...you guys just play WoW because you have nothing better to do? That's so sad :P
    Lol.

Tell me about it. Apart from being a gym junkie also. But I don't fancy spending anymore money on other games, knowing that GW2 is around the corner.

exploring, playing with my friends, crafting!!!

The majority of the pve content not involving raids, because screw raids.

Deleted
    Hard to pin it down...all of it really.

I became less and less interested in other MMOs that were more trinity orientated...and also how the environment is set up so that everyone is competing for kills etc - so not having those things will be lovely and I'm very excited about it.

The freshness - not knowing what's around the next corner...being able to go back to any zone and do engaging things.

Yeah, the whole thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The majority of the pve content not involving raids, because screw raids.
    This - due to me usually filling a 'healer' role in previous MMO's. Pretty much being guaranteed a raid slot in the guilds I was in was awesome, although when I wanted a night off and screwing loads of people over due to a shortage in the sign ups for gear farming/progression wasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really am excited for the entire game as a whole. I came from WoW and just to be able to experience a brand new MMO is great. I really want to be more dedicated to this game than I was for WoW and put a lot of effort into my character. I took so many breaks on my last MMO that I didn't really feel connected to it. More of a job I guess I could say.