Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Toasters can't jump.
    Why do you have to go and be all ableist?
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Assass1n View Post
    No monthly sub and dynamic questing.
    WvW mostly, but what Assass1n said is pretty awesome.

Deleted
    A friendlier and more helpful in game community, and maybe even a sense of camaraderie.

A game that really is designed to be played on a casual basis, where you can take time off without worrying that all the min-maxing elitists will declare you to be unfit to play their game as you don't have the very best gear.

An immersive world that envelops you in a fantasy of your own making and effortlessly whisks you away from the grind mill of real life whilst providing you with a sense of adventure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minimun downtime for maintenance!

(32 hours total in 7 yrs for GW1)
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Minimun downtime for maintenance!

(32 hours total in 7 yrs for GW1)
    ill admit it i think i have almost 1000 hours on GW i didnt have a life in that game and it was just pretty fun. this game is gonna be insane

Deleted
    WvW is gonna be pretty sweet. I just hope there wont be swarms of people swapping servers all the time, diluting the numbers of skilled players on the top servers.

Quote Originally Posted by spambanjo View Post
    WvW is gonna be pretty sweet. I just hope there wont be swarms of people swapping servers all the time, diluting the numbers of skilled players on the top servers.
    At release there'll be free server transfers, what we don't know is if there'll be any cooldown. Along with free server transfers, WvW will last for 24 hours until populations settle. We also don't know if there'll be any repercussions related to WvW during the period of free server transfers and 24 hour WvW.

That said, once populations settle and they put the week cooldown on server transfers (as well as the WvW penalty), it won't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just excited to actually play the game. I had store credit with Gamestop so I purchased the game in full about 4 months ago. Only to realize after the fact that it meant waiting until release (even my head-start code didn't work) rather than getting to play the beta/stress tests.

I would have transferred my store credit to something else and bought the game from ArenaNet but no other game sparked my interest in the meantime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I posted here yet or not, so posting anyways:

SYNC DANCES!

I'm excited for Curse to actually let me link tooltips from GW2db.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    I'm excited for Curse to actually let me link tooltips from GW2db.
    I thought you could already do that?

Iron Transmutation Stone

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the Stress test today I actually think its the leveling experience and exploration that I am most excited for. The whole down mechanic thing and changing weapons back and forth and back is so silly to me, and the art direction and story setup and world they created is so appealing that I think I am actually going to play it for the PVE stuff. Which seems odd to me as pre ordering it I thought Id play it like I do TF2 just logging in to get in a pvp game, but it seems I am going to play it like I did Dragon Age.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Deleted
    I'm not planning on playing the game much as I don't have time but I do like to play these new MMOs for one reason - to be part of it all as it starts. This is when the community can be fantastic. I already raised my concerns about the game in other threads that were mostly closed as MMO doesn't like to give bad press but the first few days should be quite fun. Let's see if it sucks me in, not expecting it to but one can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I thought you could already do that?

Iron Transmutation Stone
    you can do that with items, because the script for items is actually the same script that's running wowdb. But the scripts running tooltips for skills and traits are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    a breath of fresh air in a world reigned by wow.
    ^ This.
    Ready to start fresh, been a long time since I've been excited to start a new adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by zardon3001 View Post
    ^ This.
    Ready to start fresh, been a long time since I've been excited to start a new adventure.
    Amen i played wow for so long and it felt good to quit and now i cant wait for this!