Deleted

[Music] Progressive House / Chill out / Etc

Heya, I want a thread to share and find progressive house, chill out, downtempo and similar subgenres of electronic music. I prefer the "relaxed" feel but I don't mind some uptemp as well should you have a beast of a track to share.

I'll start off with a few old favourite tracks and artists.

Pretty much everything Way Out West has produced is like gold to my ears. It's music that's cheerful but subtle when you aren't paying direct attention to it while having very enjoyable harmonies when you do.

Jody Wisternoff - one of the guys responsible for Way Out West - does some great stuff as well. Check out his SoundCloud some time, he's a great DJ.

Great tune. Puts me in a good mood whenever I hear the song (can't say the same about the video...).

Not quite as relaxed as the previous tracks but it's still absolutely brilliant. I love how the "crisp" intro falls off slowly and the main tune then comes back with a much more clear sound.

If anybody's interested, here's a link to my chill out themed playlist on Spotify.

So yeah, share some of your favorite relaxed electronic tracks or playlists!

If you're into Deep House, Tech House and/or Electronica, check out Robag Wruhme.

Some examples:

He also produces (and remixes) Minimal and Techno.

Some (prog)faves over the years, just writing down the first ones that come to mind.

Melodic
    early James Holden(I like the stuff he did before he started the Border Community Label more then the stuff he started to release afterwards), Madoka, Matthew Dekay, Van Bellen, Greed, 16 bit Lolitas, early Sander Kleinenberg(this guy used to rock my world back in the days, he was a fantastic DJ, when it comes to productions you need to check out his remix on Ashtrax "Helsinki" for a perfect example of his early productions), Starkid(died at age 19 in a car accident so he did not have much time, but man he made some great music while he was around, the brightest candle burn the fastest as they say), Luke Chable, Mike Hiratzka, early Subsky, early Charlie May(Sashas production partner), David West(Synergy - breaks/trance, De Nada-Tribal, was once one half of Antiloop), early Max Graham, Spooky, Digital Witchcraft, Omid 16b, early Özgur Can, Hybrid, Sasha(the man), Blake Jarrell, Habersham, Grayarea, Mic/Michael Burns, etc

Dark/Tribal
    Bedrock, Lexicon Avenue, Satoshi Tomiie, Dousk, John Creamer & Stephane K, early Chris Lake(check out his booty on Prodigy for example), Deep Dish(when they produced their dark prog house of course), Danny Tenaglia, Chus & Ceballos, Redanka, Tarrantella(check the Way Out West remix on his "Karma" for example), Rui Da Silva(he had some massive crossover hits but what this guy really rocked at was deep, dark tribal house/prog), Moshic, early Futureshock, Circulation(the different colour Ep's, they also did deep/tech house as Subtech), Inkfish, Jondi & Spesh, Jerry Bonham, Timo Maas, etc

ps. this is all prog of various forms, nothing els, would take me all night listing all different kinds of house/techno producers I like/have liked.

Check what label songs you like are/were released on, prog labels usually released similiar tracks. Some big labels, SAW, Bedrock, Deep, Hooj Choons, Renaissance etc.

Anyways, here is two classics that I never grow tired of hearing, prog was fucking fantastic 1999-2003.

Starkid - Crayons - Released 2002
    , still gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it. He would have been one of the great ones had he not died at such a young age, really smart dude to, we had some very interesting conversations.

Kirsty Hawkshaw - Fine Day(James Holden remix) - Released 2002, Amazing track, this was before Holden started to consume too much drugs rofl
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Awesome Spotify list! Subscribed

15+ Year Old Account
    <3 Way Out West.
    On the progressive house side, I've recently got into Cosmithex and Exoplanet, can't stop listening to their songs. J00F recordings is what I listen to now inbetween Planet Perfecto. Also anything Timewave makes or Suffused remixes is pretty much golden.

Cosmitex-Dwell <3 3:45+

Exoplanet - Explorer <3 4:44+

Artic Night - Fly to me.

Blue Haze - Subtle Nature (Suffused Remix)

Timewave - Upper

Ozgur Ozkan - Gray Clouds (Suffused Remix) (Love this song, it's just perfect when driving through a light rain or just a cloudy day).

And yes I believe all songs above are worth your time.

EDIT: Forgot one more pretty "chill" song.

Digital Witchtcraft - Fingerpaint

Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-08-21 at 04:16 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you for the suggestions! I already found plenty of great tunes and I'm just getting started.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    <3 Way Out West.
    On the progressive house side, I've recently got into Cosmithex and Exoplanet, can't stop listening to their songs. J00F recordings is what I listen to now inbetween Planet Perfecto. Also anything Timewave makes or Suffused remixes is pretty much golden.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Way Out West! I'm seriously confused to see how such talent goes mostly unnoticed, especially these days with electronic music booming into the mainstream like never before. There's a major festival around here by the same name (WoW) so people get overly confused if you try to talk about it...

Deleted
    Awesome thread guys, love the music. Although I guess its not really house, some of the songs in this thread remind of Ulrich Schnauss. Chill out music with a touch of melancholia. Here are a few examples of this guy:

Ulrich Schnauss - Never Be The Same

Ulrich Schnauss - Stars

Another artist that I like a lot is Syntax. His music is a bit more upbeat:

Syntax - Bliss

Syntax - Pray

I got a lot more music like this, so let me know if interested!
    Last edited by mmoc005cb5d8f8; 2012-08-21 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmoves View Post
    Some (prog)faves over the years, just writing down the first ones that come to mind.

Melodic
    early James Holden(I like the stuff he did before he started the Border Community Label more then the stuff he started to release afterwards), Madoka, Matthew Dekay, Van Bellen, Greed, 16 bit Lolitas, early Sander Kleinenberg(this guy used to rock my world back in the days, he was a fantastic DJ, when it comes to productions you need to check out his remix on Ashtrax "Helsinki" for a perfect example of his early productions), Starkid(died at age 19 in a car accident so he did not have much time, but man he made some great music while he was around, the brightest candle burn the fastest as they say), Luke Chable, Mike Hiratzka, early Subsky, early Charlie May(Sashas production partner), David West(Synergy - breaks/trance, De Nada-Tribal, was once one half of Antiloop), early Max Graham, Spooky, Digital Witchcraft, Omid 16b, early Özgur Can, Hybrid, Sasha(the man), Blake Jarrell, Habersham, Grayarea, Mic/Michael Burns, etc

Dark/Tribal
    Bedrock, Lexicon Avenue, Satoshi Tomiie, Dousk, John Creamer & Stephane K, early Chris Lake(check out his booty on Prodigy for example), Deep Dish(when they produced their dark prog house of course), Danny Tenaglia, Chus & Ceballos, Redanka, Tarrantella(check the Way Out West remix on his "Karma" for example), Rui Da Silva(he had some massive crossover hits but what this guy really rocked at was deep, dark tribal house/prog), Moshic, early Futureshock, Circulation(the different colour Ep's, they also did deep/tech house as Subtech), Inkfish, Jondi & Spesh, Jerry Bonham, Timo Maas, etc
    Aw man. Why are you doing this to me. I got work to do. I can't spend all day browsing music. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    On the progressive house side, I've recently got into Cosmithex and Exoplanet, can't stop listening to their songs.
    I've spent the past day listening to Cosmithex and Exoplanet. It's a lot, uhm, darker than what I usually listen to but I really like it. Thanks for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    Awesome Spotify list! Subscribed
    Thanks! :P I actually got a few subscribers to it, didn't expect that to happen.

Great summer tune. Relaxed and warm.

Here's another remix. I've listened so much to this one the past few weeks. It makes me warm and happy.

Yet another remix, not quite as relaxed as the others tracks I've posted but still really nice:

http://soundcloud.com/tomswoon/ellie...hanging-on-tom

I just love how much it grows.

Keep the music coming!
    Last edited by mmoc0a04ed3db8; 2012-08-22 at 09:44 AM.