10+ Year Old Account

GW2 Billing Phone Number

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know GW2 or NCSoft's billing phone number? I have tried to prepurchase the game multiple times over the last few days and it keeps stating invalid information, let it be through Credit Card directly or PayPal. I have tried multiple cards. I did email for support and they emailed me back stating nothing was wrong and it was on the bank's side but the bank is showing nothing, not even that NCSoft is attempting the transaction.

Thanks in advance,

Pejo

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I believe he has.

I don't think I've seen a phone number for GW2 yet, and GW1 uses NCSoft support don't they? So you're only option is that link Arkenaw posted, at least afaik.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. Yea, definitely checked out that site and been using it for a couple days to figure out wtf. I may try purchasing it on wife's computer using wife's CC and see if it just doesn't like me. If anyone finds a number, please let me know

Edit: Tried 3 other credit cards, a separate PayPal Account, a CC not linked to my current address and all state errors. So it's not just me. Hmm, hopefully they fix this before release.
    Last edited by Pejo; 2012-08-20 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Yea, definitely checked out that site and been using it for a couple days to figure out wtf. I may try purchasing it on wife's computer using wife's CC and see if it just doesn't like me. If anyone finds a number, please let me know
    Try a different computer, or a different browser. I've heard of people doing either of those to get their order through successfully.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-08-20 at 11:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo after some playing around, I figured it out: They blocked any sales from my IP address - probably marked it as fraud...

Was able to purchase it over 4G on my phone. Time to get them to fix this.

Just call your internet service provider and get them to push you a new IP. One of the down sides of dynamic addresses

Sooo after some playing around, I figured it out: They blocked any sales from my IP address - probably marked it as fraud...

I had a similar problem a few years ago with an order on NCSoft's site, though in my case it was me using a VPN (as I usually do when traveling and can't necessarily trust the local network setup). Apparently the IP for this VPN had be used for fraudulent purchases, so they had banned it. However, the error message I got was something about my order "not passing risk assessment", so I didn't think of that when reading your post.

10+ Year Old Account

Could of also been a range of IPs they have blocked where yours unfortunately fell into it, i have had that happen before, not for purchasing but just in trying to access a website of all things.. must be some dodgy stuff going down in Australia LOL