Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    you will be able to upgrade(or buy the extra stuff not sure) your version to the deluxe in the future(very soon) so its ok.
    Last edited by mmoc79be53456b; 2012-08-20 at 08:26 PM.

80£ is nothing, I spend 60 times that a month on bills, cloths, gas for my cars etc, considering I can only use 1 car at a time, having 2 cars is pretty pointless, even though one of the cars is like a 2006 piece of crap of a driving to work car. We humans spend money on useless crap, so why not spend it on useless crap that makes something awesome abit more awesome for a little while?
    Last edited by Speedlance; 2012-08-20 at 08:43 PM.

Deleted
    I went for the DDE as I had enough money at the time I wanted to get GW2 and I thought 'why not'.

I haven't bought a game for quite a while so thought I'd treat myself to the extra's that aren't worth anything long term.

If you can afford the extra items you get with the additional outlay then go for it, if not then stick to the standard version - you won't be any worse off game wise than those (Including me) that went and gave Anet extra money.

I haven't read through the thread..just the topic. But here's my input, sry if it's repeated.

Here is my breakdown of the deluxe edition.
    -Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill - Nobody is going to use this over the actual elite skills unless they just want to goof off.
    -Miniature Rytlock - If pets are really that important to you, by all means.
    -Golem Banker - Only lasts 5 days
    -Chalice og Glory - One time use!
    -Tome of Influence - One time use!

None of this, IN MY OPINION, is worth the extra $20. It's completely up to you though..we all know GW2 is all about cosmetics and vanity items so if you're a collector, by all means. A lot of this stuff will be on the gem store for you to pick up later if you want to.

Oh $60 version no doubt if you have expendable income you need to blow. Keep in mind you'll only be playing it diligantly for about a month until Sep. 25. At which time people will have had enough time to figure out it isn't anything like WoW and will be leaving in droves for Pandaria. You have a small window there when it will have the flourishing feel we expect from an MMO so enjoy it while it lasts. See you in Pandaria!

Don't flamebait -- Blood
    Last edited by Jovanaar; 2012-08-20 at 10:10 PM.

The Deluxe is really only for the Rylock mini so you can have the whole "gang" in mini form in your bags.

Deleted
    I refuse to pay more than 50 dollars for a PC game in any situation. I can only encourage you to do the same.

I bought the €80 edition. Digital Deluxe it is I believe?

I honestly don't mind paying 20-30 more euro for a game I like a lot.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    I went with the 60 dollar digital pre purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I refuse to pay more than 50 dollars for a PC game in any situation. I can only encourage you to do the same.
    So since gw2 was 59.99 what did you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Inflation bro, 60 dollars today is like.. 45 dollars 10 years ago...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    It is if you want to:
    A) Be a special snowflake
    B) Support ArenaNet further
    C) Don't find $20 to be a significant amount of money
    D) All of the above
    Pretty much this. It's a way for ANet to make some extra cash without giving people who buy the DE an unfair advantage over someone who bought a $60 version, you either have/want to pay the extra $20 or you don't, don't lose/gain much either way.

Okay, another question.

I just bought it on the website. When will I be able to download it?

I can download it before it launches on the 25th, right? That would suck to have a long download as soon as it started =O

EDIT: Oh lol, I literally just checked my email and it had the download link. My bad!
    Last edited by fabiojuanton; 2012-08-21 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iCandy View Post
    I haven't read through the thread..just the topic. But here's my input, sry if it's repeated.

Here is my breakdown of the deluxe edition.
    -Summon Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill - Nobody is going to use this over the actual elite skills unless they just want to goof off.
    -Miniature Rytlock - If pets are really that important to you, by all means.
    -Golem Banker - Only lasts 5 days
    -Chalice og Glory - One time use!
    -Tome of Influence - One time use!

None of this, IN MY OPINION, is worth the extra $20. It's completely up to you though..we all know GW2 is all about cosmetics and vanity items so if you're a collector, by all means. A lot of this stuff will be on the gem store for you to pick up later if you want to.
    This pretty much mirrors what I was thinking when I purchased the game. Nothing in any of the "upgrades" struck me at all to be worth the money, so I just went for the game itself, no bells or whistles.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I've got the deluxe edition for myself and my wife, frankly I was ok with it until I learned that you could upgrade your normal version to deluxe via the cash shop. I am ok with paying addition 20$ if the rewards were unique and unavailable in other way at later date, sadly they are not and I feel tricked and cheated as it devalued my purchase. I suggest you get the normal version, you could always upgrade it if you suddenly feel that it is worth it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Just because you don't pay for a fee it doesn't mean the game is free. You'll most likely buy stuff on the store for the same price you pay a fee, second you will buy a expansion for the price of 60ish each 6 month anyway. So actually this is a other way of saying, we don't got monthly fee, but if you want to enjoy our game you have to buy expansion packs. Which then translates into a 6 MONTH subscription, so you play or not, you still bought it and already paid for 6 months ahead. Think of that.
    An expansion worth 60 dollars? lol. But even if it was that high, 60+60 = 120 while 15x12 = 180. This "6 month subscription" idea seems to be cheaper, even with my extra 20 dollars towards a digital deluxe edition. I'm a collector of all things in mmos, I plan on playing this game for a long time, it's worth the money for me. Doubt well get an expansion every 6 months though, since the first 3 addons for Guild Wars don't even count as expansions, just campaigns.

Take standard. If you really want the mini rytlock, buy the digital with gems for gold later.
    Last edited by rezoacken; 2012-08-21 at 04:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not planning on getting a Deluxe, the extras really aren't something I'd enjoy. If it came with say, a digital download of the soundtrack, I might be more inclined, but as it stands, the extra $20 really isn't worth it. Maybe $10 extra, but not $20.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    80£ is nothing, I spend 60 times that a month on bills, cloths, gas for my cars etc, considering I can only use 1 car at a time, having 2 cars is pretty pointless, even though one of the cars is like a 2006 piece of crap of a driving to work car. We humans spend money on useless crap, so why not spend it on useless crap that makes something awesome abit more awesome for a little while?
    Ouch, I knew things were expensive in the UK, but £4800... that's a lot of expenses. Guess the UK is off my list of places to move to.

---

I bought the standard edition, myself. Don't care about Rytlock, the wolves don't even compare to a golem, and the temporary bonuses aren't worth the extra money. I'll be spending my money in the gem store instead.

This might help your decision...

Last edited by Starry101; 2012-08-21 at 09:20 AM.