Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Stay away from sea of sorrows if you are american >:|. Sick of buttloads of americans always crashing out servers and, flooding and ruining our communities for the first few weeks. I'm glad from the looks of the serverlist, we're not the optimum server like we were in TOR, which just ruined it with crazy ques.
    Hey now, no need for any of that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by guser View Post
    according to this poll - http://www.asuralabs.com/serverPoll.php and as many have suggested jade quarry looks an healthy pvp server
    Goddamn it, why is JQ picking up steam. I liked it when it was 3rd on the list and Yak was catching the flak for being most populous.

I hope the zerglings won't flood JQ too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you and your guild/friends are considerate of other gamers in any way, you'll intentionally avoid any server you anticipate will be heavily populated to keep things balanced.

Just sayin'.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

JQ did good in the beta, and has the hype... those who played on JQ for beta should get server dibs, but its going to be flooded and watered down by people who want to ride the awesomeness... probably a large start, then when it fails because the organized PvPers have to wait for long Qs and cant get in with their buddies... then there will be a mass exodus, probably leaving JQ without any great WvW players... and the World (vs World) will be at balance once again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Riavan View Post
    Stay away from sea of sorrows if you are american >:|. Sick of buttloads of americans always crashing out servers and, flooding and ruining our communities for the first few weeks. I'm glad from the looks of the serverlist, we're not the optimum server like we were in TOR, which just ruined it with crazy ques.
    Tough, I already decided to play there because it suits my gaming time better. Besides, I run a guild in WoW for Aus/NZ players. :P

Blackgate and Fort Aspenwood. JQ is gonna have loads of WvW queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    Aspenwood, Yeah!

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...d-communities/

List of servers and guilds for both US and EU with what they are mostly interested in. Obviously not 100% accurate but its what Im going by when I pick my server.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-21 at 02:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...d-communities/

List of servers and guilds for both US and EU with what they are mostly interested in. Obviously not 100% accurate but its what Im going by when I pick my server.
    http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers IS the most up to date site that I know of. Been posted a few times in various threads here. Believe it's even in that gw2guru post.

What server are all the bads rolling on? I wanna go there so I can just faceroll people in WvW. Im so sick of getting raped in PvP as alliance over the last 4 years in WoW because my team mates were horrible and wanted to road fight. I just want loads of bad players so i can kill them to feed my inferiority complex.

10+ Year Old Account
    What server are all the bads rolling on? I wanna go there so I can just faceroll people in WvW. Im so sick of getting raped in PvP as alliance over the last 4 years in WoW because my team mates were horrible and wanted to road fight. I just want loads of bad players so i can kill them to feed my inferiority complex.
    But if you roll on that server, then they're on your team. :O!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    But if you roll on that server, then they're on your team. :O!
    Yea but then I have people to rage at and blame when we are losing.

Deleted
    I do honestly hope you're joking. Then again, on these forums, you'd never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalla View Post
    I do honestly hope you're joking. Then again, on these forums, you'd never know.
    yea would much rather be on a server with great PvPers so they can carry me.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-21 at 02:27 AM.

If people want to do lots of WvW and have fun with it, I think it'd be better for them NOT to all go onto the same server. It isn't much fun if your server always owns every keep and tower on the map. Oh, and of course the ridiculously long queues wouldn't be too fun.

It might seem fun to be on the biggest and best team, but steamrolling your enemies at all times would get very boring. Being a DAoC vet, I of course love WvW, but I'm not gonna join the server I think will win the most and always own the map.

(I'm going to Tarnished Coast!)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Wokoom View Post
    JQ did good in the beta, and has the hype... those who played on JQ for beta should get server dibs, but its going to be flooded and watered down by people who want to ride the awesomeness... probably a large start, then when it fails because the organized PvPers have to wait for long Qs and cant get in with their buddies... then there will be a mass exodus, probably leaving JQ without any great WvW players... and the World (vs World) will be at balance once again...
    From what I've heard through the grapevine, Blackgate is where the PvPers will be going because they don't want to be stuck in WvW queues with everyone and their mother going to JQ. There's already a pretty good PvP community forming up on Blackgate, so any serious PvPers will fit in great. Blackgate seems to have good round-the-clock WvW representation as well, because there's a decent sized guild with worldwide membership (US plus some EUs) so all hours of the clock will be covered. I highly recommend Blackgate if you're looking for a server that will be successful in WvW.

Quote Originally Posted by Spriggan View Post
    See? Blackgate it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    If people want to do lots of WvW and have fun with it, I think it'd be better for them NOT to all go onto the same server. It isn't much fun if your server always owns every keep and tower on the map. Oh, and of course the ridiculously long queues wouldn't be too fun.

It might seem fun to be on the biggest and best team, but steamrolling your enemies at all times would get very boring. Being a DAoC vet, I of course love WvW, but I'm not gonna join the server I think will win the most and always own the map.

(I'm going to Tarnished Coast!)
    From what I've seen in other games, fun is usually secondary to winning in the minds of many players. I have no reason to think this game won't be the same, because people are still people, no matter the game.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Fort aspenwood is gonna be off the hook for pvp.

We will play on EU Desolation with one of friend of mine.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-21 at 09:16 AM.

Deleted
    Desolation EU is gonna be quite PvP heavy i think... TeamParadigm is there for example...

For adventurers Seafarer's Rest is the way to go

Deleted
    for WvW, far shiverpeaks or desolation.... so hard to choose even the fact that ive been on shiverpeaks since bwe 1