Issue with adding the pre-order key to my existing account

During the last beta weekend event I received a beta key. I made an account and linked that account with that given beta key. After the event I went and pre-ordered the game (the authorized retailer said they were completely out of pre-purchases, so please do not confuse the two). With the pre-order I get an in-game item and one day of headstart access. However I am running into an issue when I try to add the key given on the Pre-order card. I have looked through all the account settings and options looking for a location to add the key to my existing account; the one I created for the beta weekend and linked to my Guild Wars 1 account (at least I believe so), I cannot kind such an option.

I tried making a new account with the key and after putting in my birthdate and display name I receive error 502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server. Is that because I am trying to make an account with the credentials that are already in use?

I am looking for a way to add my key to my account and make sure that my Guild Wars 1 account is linked to it. Is the way to link them clicking "yes" on the "Do you have a Guild Wars account?" on the first screen of registration?

Thank you for the assistance in advance!

Deleted
    U should make a ticket to Arenanet
    http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app...SFIyZnpiNGw%3D

I was able to successfully make a new account using the pre-order code. I now have a new account, how do I make sure that this new one is linked to my Guild Wars 1 account to receive the benefits from the Hall of Monuments?

A lot of this going around - and pre-orders not being processed properly by retailers.

Had the same problem With the same error.I just keep spamming going back and forth and finally it worked.You just gotta keep trying.And you can check at https://account.guildwars2.com/download if you got it or not.
    Last edited by Stormgnoef; 2012-08-20 at 09:20 PM.