1. #1

    Zen Pilgrimage and the Enlightenment Buff

    So, looking through the beta forums, and various third party forums, I've seen lots of information regarding the Monk only quests that give you a 50% XP increase for an hour buff. Here's my litany of questions:

    1. Do both the regular versions of the quests (which you receive at level 20 and every 10 levels thereafter) AND the daily versions give you the XP boost?

    2. Approximately how long does each quest take to do? Are they all pretty short? Vary in length?

    3. How does this XP boost interact with / stack with heirlooms, rest, and RaF?

    4. Do they "stack"? and in what way? I've heard you can double up to get 100% bonus XP, i've also heard it'll just extend the length of your 50% buff (to 2 hours). How does this work?

  2. #2
    1. Yes.

    2. Two minutes. The only thing you have to do is killing a mob. It scales with your level, meaning that the mob from the lv 20 quest is lv 80, if your lv 80.

    3. No Idea.

    4. 50 % is max, and it stacks up to two times. ( havent tried stacking it a third time, but it doesnt really make a difference imo)

  3. #3
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    You get 1 hour of the buff per quest completed, to a max of 2 hours (120 minutes). Completing another of the class quests while having more than 60 minutes remaining will just put the duration at 120 minutes again; the duration past 120 minutes is wasted. The amount of bonus xp is always 50%, and at lvl90 it turns into a 3k mastery buff, the same buff you get from blessing of might.

    It stacks with heirlooms. Keep in mind that you can only do 1 of the class quest dailies per day, even tho the available daily changes whenever you complete a new non-daily class quest (the daily is always a copy of the class quest you completed most recently). So if you start leveling at midnight you should have 9 hours of +50% xp—7 normal quests and 2 dailies—during the first 24 hours of leveling.

    What also should be mentioned is that the class quests reward nice blue items, like monk style belts that are great for transmogging, staves like the one Chen uses with a brew bottle attached, and a fancy headband. There's even a polearm with intellect.
    Last edited by Mihir; 2012-08-20 at 09:15 PM.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome MisterSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    609
    So if one were to be using the Recruit-a-friend tactic of granting an instant 80 levels to a Monk, and took a short break to complete these quests twice while getting the levels, then you could finish out with an instant level 80.99 and a 2-hour 50% experience buff?

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    So if one were to be using the Recruit-a-friend tactic of granting an instant 80 levels to a Monk, and took a short break to complete these quests twice while getting the levels, then you could finish out with an instant level 80.99 and a 2-hour 50% experience buff?
    I think that is most people's plan who are using RaF.

  6. #6
    At level 90 the daily gives you 3k mastery instead.

  7. #7
    Mechagnome MisterSoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oxford, Ohio
    Posts
    609
    Quote Originally Posted by Noqr View Post
    At level 90 the daily gives you 3k mastery instead.
    The mastery buff granted is the same buff as the new Blessing of Might, and I'm not sure if it stacks just yet.

    It would seem silly to have to do a daily every time before you raid to stay competitive, so I'm sure it does not stack.

  8. #8
    So my question is (having lvled a monk to 90 on Beta but since removed my Beta account so i did not play too much), when you kill the mob for this quest, are you in your own phase? Or on launch day will there be a giant mob of monks trying to complete these quests right after granting levels all waiting on a respawn? Anyone know about this at all?
    Last edited by Croz730; 2012-08-21 at 11:00 AM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Croz730 View Post
    So my question is (having lvled a monk to 90 on Beta but since removed my Beta account so i did not play too much), when you kill the mob for this quest, are you in your own phase? Or on launch day will there be a giant mob of monks trying to complete these quests right after granting levels all waiting on a respawn? Anyone know about this at all?
    As far as I saw on beta, the master was phased, yes. All I could see while doing it was another monk's Xuen, but no players. All the more reason to do these on live, as they should be very easily and quickly doable.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2012-08-21 at 11:24 AM.

  10. #10
    Fluffy Kitten Mihir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    2,801
    A large amount of quests in MoP use a kind of npc-specific phasing: if an npc walks with you to somewhere, the real npc disappears for you (it's still there for everyone else) and a personal copy of the npc appears that's only visible to yourself. Most of the time you can still see other players when this happens, but for the peak of serenity quests they get phased out too it seems.

  11. #11
    Nice, exactly what i was hoping to hear, thanks Ratyrel.

  12. #12
    oh wow. Very interesting indeed
    since it wasn't posted yet: Enlightenment
    Last edited by Mihir; 2012-08-23 at 06:47 PM.

  13. #13
    Does anyone know if at 80, you will have to do the lvl 20 quests first and then proceed to each successive quest after that or can you skip to say... the lvl 80 quest to be able to use the weapon rewards that it gives and then go back and do the 20,30,40 etc, later one.

    Would test this myself, but no longer have beta as I didn't want to burn myself out on it.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Croz730 View Post
    Does anyone know if at 80, you will have to do the lvl 20 quests first and then proceed to each successive quest after that or can you skip to say... the lvl 80 quest to be able to use the weapon rewards that it gives and then go back and do the 20,30,40 etc, later one.

    Would test this myself, but no longer have beta as I didn't want to burn myself out on it.
    They work like a quest chain, so you have to do the lower quests in order to gain access to the higher level ones.

    TBH, the weapon rewards are pretty lack-luster compared to a level 81 BoE you could get.

  15. #15
    Thanks Jrule, yeah i already have several sets of weapons to use, was just interested in if it was possible or not.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •