Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Heh true... I mentally assign it with JC since the combo is amazement

As one guy mentioned the key with tailoring is its lining up with other procs, power torrent and lightweave lining up made a big boost to healing or dmg if shadow

Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    As one guy mentioned the key with tailoring is its lining up with other procs, power torrent and lightweave lining up made a big boost to healing or dmg if shadow
    Int doesn't scale up Int, they stack up linearly. It does interact with haste nicely though, and with current archangel etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    With static mana pools Spirit will retain much of it's value through the entire x-pac.
    Yeah true enough. Although I'm assuming at the end (? middle?) of the x-pac once we're decked out in spirit some might opt for example for lightweave rather than darkglow if they've reached a comfortable spirit amount through trinkets and gear.

I remember seeing some posts on the beta forums after the buff to Disc Meditation that some were worried that this, with rapture, towards later tiers might make Disc regen more than say Holy since it scales. And if it does I guess those people for example can opt to not take the prof enchants with spirit. But until then definitely spirit all the way
    Last edited by mmoc76daca7658; 2012-08-21 at 11:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    Yeah true enough. Although I'm assuming at the end of the x-pac once we're decked out in spirit some might opt for example for lightweave rather than darkglow if they've reached a comfortable spirit amount through trinkets and gear.
    Yeah it's definitely going to be a different game gearing a healer this time around. I'm actually kinda interested in how things pan out for healing. I might even offspec Disc this time around

Quote Originally Posted by Piffnifty View Post
    I think like someone mentioned above it will depend on whether you're wanting spirit or intellect when basing which prof to go for. As a healer, personally I'll most likely focus on spirit early on in MOP.
    With static mana pools Spirit will retain much of it's value through the entire x-pac.
    Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Tailoring is a good choice for healing priests since its one of the only professions that provide that much spirit (JC amd alchemy are the only other prof that provides the option to do so). And as stated a few times already, Spirit will be CRITICAL early on until we get more insane spirit on our gear.
    All good points; tailoring is one of the few professions add spirit. I disagree with tailoring to take Lightweave, but Tailoring with Darkglow might be the difference.

Either way, I forgot about Darkglow and judged tailoring too harshly.

I"ve seen this mentioned before, but I kind of doubt it. With stat inflation on gear as i-lvls increase, you will eventually have more regen than you need (assuming the same fraction of the fight casting). It seems unlikely they can compensate for this by having you hit your buttons that much more in the last tier - and there is a limit due to global CDs anyway, or having you constantly casting your most inefficient heal - which would make healing uninteresting yet again.

I've always thought something such as having spells cost a % of your maximum mana rather than base mana would be interesting. Int increases your mana pool and the strength of your spells, but you then need to stack spirit to keep up with your larger mana pool. Of course, while this is much more interesting (to me) it could prove harder to balance properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I meant by that is that as the x-pac goes on you will need to be casting greater amounts of heals at greater frequency meaning you'll be using a lot more mana relatively. That's not to say that X Spirit in 5.0 won't be 2X in 5.3 from gear alone. I'm just saying that scaling will be a bit different this time around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm still sitting on the fence...actually worse now lol. Most indecisive person ever

I'm going to keep herbalism for some cash until 90. If people want to continue adding info, it would be helpful for me and I'm sure other healers

The main reasons why I hesitate to take Engineering is that I'm poor and don't have a profession like mining that supports it. Most benefits are for regular bgs (which I rarely do endgame). Seems I'd enjoy it more while leveling and doubt I'd level it up twice because it's apparently a pain. I'm just wondering if it's worth "saving" for another toon, or if I should just go for to get the repair bot, portals, and stats. The new goggles should be good...but won't last forever. I know that I'll like it.

-Tailoring is easy to level, gives Spirit which I'll be stacking as heals (best stat profession then other than bs?), flying carpet, some transmoggable items. Enchant is proc, which is nice on one hand, but not as good as on-use. Won't make me much money, but won't hurt either

-Blacksmithing has nothing fun for a healer, so not worth the slight stat advantage for me
    -Jewelcrafting will make good money since I'm an alchemist, but only average stat benefit. No other items for raids. Cool mounts.
    -Inscription has new fun toys... a staff/offhand, an enchant, but only average benefit. I won't keep the staff/off forever. Glyphs will only make money at first. Not that interested in it and don't know why
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

I run with tailoring and enchanting on my priest. I agree that proc intellect isn't necessarily useful. However, a spirit proc is extremely useful. After you cast the first spell, you aren't going to be capping mana out during a fight if you manage your cooldowns properly.

From a regen perspective, tailoring is a very nice profession for healers.

Find a guide on maxing engineering the most efficient way and check up ore prices on your realm. The only real concern is that ore prices at the start of expansion will be disastrous, but other than that it took me around 4k gold to max engi.
    For gold making profs, get JC. Or inscription if you have the dedication. If you'll get enough herbs to start selling DMC decks, profits will be over the board.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    Well I'm still sitting on the fence...actually worse now lol. Most indecisive person ever

I'm going to keep herbalism for some cash until 90. If people want to continue adding info, it would be helpful for me and I'm sure other healers

The main reasons why I hesitate to take Engineering is that I'm poor and don't have a profession like mining that supports it. Most benefits are for regular bgs (which I rarely do endgame). Seems I'd enjoy it more while leveling and doubt I'd level it up twice because it's apparently a pain. I'm just wondering if it's worth "saving" for another toon, or if I should just go for to get the repair bot, portals, and stats. The new goggles should be good...but won't last forever. I know that I'll like it.

-Tailoring is easy to level, gives Spirit which I'll be stacking as heals (best stat profession then other than bs?), flying carpet, some transmoggable items. Enchant is proc, which is nice on one hand, but not as good as on-use. Won't make me much money, but won't hurt either

-Blacksmithing has nothing fun for a healer, so not worth the slight stat advantage for me
    -Jewelcrafting will make good money since I'm an alchemist, but only average stat benefit. No other items for raids. Cool mounts.
    -Inscription has new fun toys... a staff/offhand, an enchant, but only average benefit. I won't keep the staff/off forever. Glyphs will only make money at first. Not that interested in it and don't know why
    Just wanted to 're'point out that BS offers twice the amount of spirit as any other profession. Taking BS alone is just as good as taking... Alchemy and JC in terms of stat gain (spirit, not int)
    Last edited by mmocc73a7e76d4; 2012-08-23 at 06:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparrow View Post
    Just wanted to 're'point out that BS offers twice the amount of spirit as any other profession. Taking BS alone is just as good as taking... Alchemy and JC in terms of stat gain (spirit, not int)
    This is what How To Priest had to say about it:

Blacksmithing
    Until 8085 Haste, 2x Sockets, 320 haste/ea -- 483
    After 8085 Haste, 2x Sockets, 160 int/ea -- 320
    *Note, I can't stress this enough. You should be doing everything in your power to be hit capped and to reach 8085 haste BEFORE using gems. Blacksmithing will only be more valuable until you can reach 8085 haste without gems.
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-08-23 at 07:12 PM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

This is what How To Priest had to say about it:

Blacksmithing
    Until 8085 Haste, 2x Sockets, 320 haste/ea -- 483
    After 8085 Haste, 2x Sockets, 160 int/ea -- 320
    *Note, I can't stress this enough. You should be doing everything in your power to be hit capped and to reach 8085 haste BEFORE using gems. Blacksmithing will only be more valuable until you can reach 8085 haste without gems.
    I think that post is looking at it from a shadow priest perspective and what Redsparrow talking about was in a healing (maybe just holy?) perspective.
    Last edited by Arlee; 2012-08-23 at 07:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I think that post is looking at it from a shadow priest perspective and what Redsparrow talking about was in a healing (maybe just holy?) perspective.
    This. Anything mentioning hit cap is shadow. I'm not sure about stat weights for holy but you're likely gemming int; If that's the case, BS will be equal with others.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

10+ Year Old Account

BS offers the most stat flexibility but doesn't offer much else for a Priest.
    JC can you make you some money

I personally don't mind the proc nature of Tailoring and I make a half decent chunk of change off of Bolts of Cloth sales.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for the continued discussion and fantastic responses. Very helpful, for other indecisive priests too I hope

Deleted
    I am NOT happy about BS giving 100% more spirit than any other prof >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    I am NOT happy about BS giving 100% more spirit than any other prof >_<
    I'm not either. I hope that it was an oversight that will be corrected, because I have no interest in the profession for my priest.