Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Name the political party!

Quick, what political party do you think this is (part of) the platform of? Obviously a party in the US.

Hint: not likely who you think.

b. We commit to full and complete reparations to the African American community of this nation for the past four hundred plus years of genocide, slavery, land-loss, destruction of original identity and the stark disparities which haunt the present evidenced in unemployment statistics, substandard and inadequate education, higher levels of mortality including infant and maternal mortality and the practice of mass incarceration. We recognize that reparations are a debt (not charity) that is owed by our own and other nations and by the corporate institutions chartered under our laws to a collective of people. We believe that the leadership on the question of what our nation owes to this process of right ought to come from the African American community, whose right to self-determination and autonomy to chart the path to healing we fully recognize.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I don't always wear tennis shoes, but when I do, I speak Russian. In French.

Green Party.

Google is fun. At least change up a few words instead of copy/pasting.

NEED A BIGGER CHALLENGE!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-08-20 at 10:47 PM.

well since you said it's not likely who i'd think i'm going to guess republican

Deleted
    Sounds pretty retarded to me. Slavery ended quite a while ago.
    Last edited by mmoc43ae88f2b9; 2012-08-20 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Green Party.

Google is fun. At least change up a few words instead of copy/pasting.

NEED A BIGGER CHALLENGE!
    I think you missed the entire point.
    I don't argue to be right, I argue to be proven wrong. Because I'm aware that the collective intelligence of the community likely has more to offer to me by enlightening me, than I do to an individual by "winning" an argument with them.

What was the point of this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Probably to display how ridiculous the Green Party is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Panther Party would be the one I'd guess if not for people saying it's the Green Party.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like pandering... not a single person alive deserves any sort of reparations for something that happened 400 years ago.. not even 150 yrs ago... Truth told, if anything they deserve to be on EQUAL FOOTING with any other person in this country... which means immediate ending of affirmative action and other protected class statuses... want to be EQUAL then BE EQUAL... bust your balls just like the rest of the masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is what we call a forum. In a forum, people discuss topics they are interested in. In order to have something to discuss, from time to time, someone has to "Create a Thread" of a chosen subject. The thread is then open to discussion by anyone with an account in good standing.

Yes and I'm asking you what your point was, since you already made reference to having one and I can't seem to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Sounds like pandering... not a single person alive deserves any sort of reparations for something that happened 400 years ago.. not even 150 yrs ago... Truth told, if anything they deserve to be on EQUAL FOOTING with any other person in this country... which means immediate ending of affirmative action and other protected class statuses... want to be EQUAL then BE EQUAL... bust your balls just like the rest of the masses.
    I can actually recognize that many people are disadvantaged to this day due to slavery, even though it ended quite some time ago. I would have virtually no problem with reparations assuming the people deciding what was reasonable were...reasonable. I'm fine with it so long as it meant an end to Affirmative Action and the like.

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 07:07 PM ----------

Yes and I'm asking you what your point was, since you already made reference to having one and I can't seem to find it.
    My original thought when reading this on their site was "And people think the Democrat party is the one that is trying to help African Americans?" Then I wondered how many African Americans even knew the Green Party held this as a platform point (or even knew they existed for that matter, not many people are even aware of the GP).

Ergo, new thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    "Some animals are more equal than others"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    This.

Society is just as racist as ever, but just in different ways: we're now over compensating.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point (I'm "evolving" on my point here lol) is: why do African Americans traditionally vote Democrat, when Green Party is clearly in their best interest?

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    The point (I'm "evolving" on my point here lol) is: why do African Americans traditionally vote Democrat, when Green Party is clearly in their best interest?
    I'd think voting for the party that can win is in your best interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any party can win, but only if others are more open minded than you

10+ Year Old Account
    If enough people are aware that there is another party that is championing something that is vastly better for them, I would think that would drag them into the "party that can win" category.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xsinthis View Post
    Any party can win, but only if others are more open minded than you
    History strongly disagrees with you.

Quote Originally Posted by KingHorse View Post
    If enough people are aware that there is another party that is championing something that is vastly better for them, I would think that would drag them into the "party that can win" category.
    Yes if there were more people who voted Green the party could win.

But african americans aren't single issue voters either.