Why do YOU want to play Guild Wars 2?

Like many others, I'm really excited about this game. I don't remember having this much anticipation over a video game or pretty much anything else in a very very long time. In fact, the last time I was this excited for a toy(lol) was when I got in line at the local store to pick up my Nintendo Gamecube at midnight.

I want this to just be a relaxed thread. Post about your story, so to speak, about what's bringing you to Guild Wars 2, why you want to play, what do you think you will enjoy the most, etc. I wanted a way to vent my excitement and maybe some of you will also enjoy the opportunity.

I had NO interest in Guild Wars 2 when I first heard of it. In fact, all it did was kind of annoy me whenever I heard it mentioned as I thought all I was gonna read for several months was another "WoW Killer," and people predicting the doom of the game I was currently playing.

Then I started researching the game out of mere curiosity. Alright, besides being the sequel to Guild Wars 1(which I never played), what is so great about this game? I started reading up on it on this very site, Massively.com, watched Gamebreaker.tv, and many other sites. What started as a curiosity became an addiction. I couldn't stop reading about Guild Wars 2! Stuff like WvWvW, dynamic combat system, and no holy trinity made my jaw drop! On top of all that the game looks beautiful. You can tell it has a high production quality and lots of care being put in the finer details.

I don't know if this game will revolutionize the MMORPG genre or if it will steal half of Blizzard's WoW subscribers, but I must say, I like many others have already bought the game for $60 and I really think we're going to experience something special.

What started off as minor nuisance has become the greatest anticipation I've ever had in my history as a gamer.

Thank you for letting me spew out my emotions, MMO-champion. Now the torch must be passed. Why do YOU want to play Guild Wars 2?

Hey ya. We have a very active thread currently expressing our excitement & why to play the game: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...st-excited-for

Please see the linked thread. Thanks.

-- Fencers