Got a question for D3 players.

So i dont play D3 but i want to ask this

Dont you guys believe that RMAH will ruin the PvP aspect of the game?I mean it isnt implemented yet and Diablo is a hack and slash loot game,so whats the point in doing PvP in a heavy gear based game when you can buy the gear?
    Last edited by antonatsis; 2012-08-20 at 11:49 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah of course It's going to ruin it; It's basically Pay 2 win.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-08-20 at 11:50 PM.

there's going to be a matchmaking system that should be facing only people with similar gear against each other...that said i really don't care what other people do with their money. i enjoy the game no matter what.

While it will to a degree, it won't be any worse than what happens in games like WoW where people can easily buy a carry to get uber gear.

The whole paragon level thing will make a difference too, people investing a tonne of time will probably gain a 10-15% stat point advantage.

i heard buying all the gear all of rmah makes you the best at your class

Quote Originally Posted by poogle View Post
    While it will to a degree, it won't be any worse than what happens in games like WoW where people can easily buy a carry to get uber gear.

The whole paragon level thing will make a difference too, people investing a tonne of time will probably gain a 10-15% stat point advantage.
    well the diference is that,in WoW which is an MMO with action elements as most MMOs out there,sometimes you can outmaneuvere the oponet so you have skill as a factor(not much but its there)In a point and click game,how can you react to that,especially if you keep losing by people that have gear from the AH,wont that make you feel bad or even worse damags the community?

---------- Post added 2012-08-20 at 11:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    i heard buying all the gear all of rmah makes you the best at your class
    its a point and click game.

Quote Originally Posted by antonatsis View Post
    well the diference is that,in WoW which is an MMO with action elements as most MMOs out there,sometimes you can outmaneuvere the oponet so you have skill as a factor(not much but its there)In a point and click game,how can you react to that,especially if you keep losing by people that have gear from the AH,wont that make you feel bad or even worse damags the community?
    While I get your point, we have no idea how they will balance things for PVP... there were some good ideas from pro players as to "even" gear when you enter PVP or just cap some stats...
    Last edited by Moinaldo; 2012-08-21 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    While I get your point, we have no idea how they will balance things for PVP... there were some good ideas from pro players as to "even" gear when you enter PVP or just cap some stats...
    but wont that destroy the aspect that made Diablo(the franchice)famous?The endless grind for better gear?I mean if you have the cap for PvP why farm for anything else?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moinaldo View Post
    Why cap anything? It's a Diablo game; Just like D1 D2 and such they didn't do a dam thing to ruin PVP

Deleted
    Didn't ruin my experience, but yeah Didn't play as much as others.. But I had my fun xD

Quote Originally Posted by Terralon View Post
    Didn't ruin my experience, but yeah Didn't play as much as others.. But I had my fun xD
    Iam talking for the PVP part,not the PVE.It cant ruin your PVE experience since you dont compete with someone in farming :P

No, I don't think it does.

But that's only because I think PvP is going to be stupid in D3 anyway. You can pretty much tell if you can beat someone by looking at their character profile.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post

But that's only because I think PvP is going to be stupid in D3 anyway. You can pretty much tell if you can beat someone by looking at their character profile.
    well i suppoce there are many D3 players that actually wait for the PVP patch.So i assume there are a lot of players that do care about it :P Bad or good only time will tell even thought iam on your side :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post

By that same logic, you might as well hand PvP titles to people in WoW. Skill is always a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    By that same logic, you might as well hand PvP titles to people in WoW. Skill is always a factor.
    I didn't play WoW, though I was interested in arenas because a RL friend I played UO with was obsessed with them.

From my understanding, there was a PvP grind to go through to obtain the "best pvp gear" for your character. D3 is randomly dropped stuff; you can't do the same grind and thus even at the high levels there will be large disparities in gear. Look at Athene for example... 182k unbuffed DPS with 600k EHP. That would 1 shot my ~150m gold worth of gear and probably take 6 shots from me. Absolutely no competition even if a blind person was playing his character. He could literally go afk with an automated program spamming hungering arrow and it would kill 99% of people.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2012-08-21 at 01:55 AM.

Unless they let us create PvP public games, PvP will be shit.

Skill > gear.

Also, it's been mentioned before the the matchmaking will take these things into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Skill > gear.

Also, it's been mentioned before the the matchmaking will take these things into consideration.
    To be honest, I don't think skill will be a factor in Diablo PvP. It's all about gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    To be honest, I don't think skill will be a factor in Diablo PvP. It's all about gear.
    Even if that is the case, then the system will notice that you might not win as much if you have less gear, and then just match you with likewise-geared opponents.

Yes, yes it will. Even with the matchmaking system in place. Then again, pvp is an afterthought in this game, and there will be insane amounts of posts once folks realize how much of an advantage class x has over class y, before gear even comes into the picture.

I'd assume that no one would actually take it seriously, but I'm sure I'll be wrong.