Deleted

Desolation or Far Shiverpeaks...?

I have been on Far Shiverpeaks since bwe1, but lately shiverpeaks have failed in WvW ( i know it is betas and stress tests, but mainly the players will keep their server because they have guilds and stuff, and i think the argument '' they dont care about wvw because it's beta is invalid since many players spend time there just because it is beta and they dont want to progress trough the world etc etc), so I wonder if Desolation is any better at WvW at this moment?
    That damn french server, jade sea something is killing everything. A server with only 6 guilds registered, or something like that, run over a server with 117 registered guilds.
    Now, don't hate me for saying this, but as a ''hardcore'' player i think too many ''casuals'' (sry) move to the high pop servers because they think that population = win in WvW. why do i want to join desolation? they have more people there.. yes because 1. ive met them in WvW, 2. i dont want low pop-server.

dont hate me for posting this. i just want to find out how Desolation have handled their WvW matches.

cheers

Deleted
    WvW in stresstests might be hard to draw conclusions from

10+ Year Old Account
    Even BWEs wouldn't really be a fair representation.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Since WvWvW is being updated every day instead of 2 weeks for awhile I think it doesn't matter.

Deleted
    Okey well ill go with that. Still hard to choose i think ill play 6 days on far shiverpeaks, and if im not happy. ill move to desolation (if it was 7 days free transfer)

Keep in mind that desolation was filled up in BWE3. It's pretty unlikely it will still have room for transfers a week in.

Deleted
    From what I understand most guilds at far shiverpeaks will get organized as the game launches. So I'm personally is still going there. I doubt there wont be a fighting spirit once things start to matter and people get to play for real =)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    Keep in mind that desolation was filled up in BWE3. It's pretty unlikely it will still have room for transfers a week in.
    ^^That.

It's very unlikely that you'll be able to transfer to a high populated server after the first 2-3 days as they will fill up asap.

Deleted
    Just go Gunnar's Hold, old DAoC guilds with 800+ and 30+ guilds Alliance going there...

whops I broke the NDA
    Last edited by mmoca41f9fd4de; 2012-08-22 at 10:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcrest View Post
    Just go Gunnar's Hold, old DAoC guilds with 800+ and 30+ guilds Alliance going there...

whops I broke the NDA
    Sorry bro. what does DAoC stands for?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Sorry bro. what does DAoC stands for?
    dark age of camelot, but you could easily search it in google.

Deleted
    Isnt Gunnars Hold where the 6000 man strong [KISS] alliance plans to be too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    dark age of camelot, but you could easily search it in google.
    how could that even be in the nda? D:

10+ Year Old Account
    By nda he probly means that theyre guild alliance were trying to keep it a secret till launch.
    And as far as far shiverpeaks is concerned it i think theyre are plenty of ppl going there if you check the gwguilds.org site.
    There is a pretty decent sized dutch guild alliance being formed and several other guilds from other country's aswell going there.
    Lucky for me i got into 1 of the dutch guild today go hollanders!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilut View Post
    Isnt Gunnars Hold where the 6000 man strong [KISS] alliance plans to be too?
    I don't know, havn't heard anything of that sort =/

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute
    how could that even be in the nda? D:
    It's not the GW2 nda the alliances NDA

Deleted
    Legacy of Nosferatu on gw2guilds.org. Listed as 6048 players. They have 6000+ registered at their forums, but I have no idea if that numbers are true. Thought you had heard something, that huge guild is what's made me weary of GH, it looks to be a really good world otherwise.

Oh and gw2guilads just added total number of "registered" players and guilds on each server. Very nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilut View Post
    Legacy of Nosferatu on gw2guilds.org. Listed as 6048 players. They have 6000+ registered at their forums, but I have no idea if that numbers are true. Thought you had heard something, that huge guild is what's made me weary of GH, it looks to be a really good world otherwise.

Oh and gw2guilads just added total number of "registered" players and guilds on each server. Very nice.
    Hory shitzu, my country is 6th on the guild list in NA :0

Deleted
    To give a lil look on the eu-servers population, guilds etc.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers/eu?...ers&order=desc