Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    If you absolutely loathe BC content (and who's to blame you after having done it so many times) then I'd recommend you wait until level 60 to get the buff, and then do every single quest in Hellfire Peninsula - including the Ramparts and Blood Furnace quests.

With only heirlooms, this typically gets me to 64 or so. With an additional 50% experience buff, I wouldn't be shocked if it rocketed you right to 66. Then just do a few dungeons for their quests, and you're out.
    Awesome well I have my game plan then. I can stand the newer/fresh content taking slightly longer than it might have to in return for that. Give me time to get my UI and hotkeys/macros set how I want once I've gotten all my abilities anyways.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by Citykid View Post
    Might have been said, but at lvl 1 u get 10 xp per mob, u kill 100 mobs in 1 hour. With the buff that means u get 1500xp for 1 hour and the buff itself is worth 500xp.

at lvl 80 u get 10.000xp per mob, u still kill 100 mobs per hour and instead u get 1 500 000xp and that hour the buff was worth 500.000 xp
    While this is true, you also get differing amounts of xp/time period at the different levels. At level 1 you may get a few hundred experience in 10 minutes - at level 80 you may get a few thousand every time you kill a mob.

In theory, if you level at the same pace all the way through, it shouldn't matter when you use the buff. The ideal time to use it isn't at any specific level, but during periods where you expect to be gaining experience at a fairly rapid pace relative to the content. For example, if you know the HFP quests well, and are among the first few monks on your server to hit Outland (so you will likely have whole questing areas to yourself without having to fight for mobs) that could be a good time to use it.

Using it right at level 85, by contrast, would probably not be as effective since Jade Forest is likely to be crowded, and you may end up wasting some of the effectiveness of the buff by standing around waiting on the mob you need to respawn or fighting for quest item spawns with others in the same area.

Wait..What is this 50% xp buff ur speaking of O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Excellent View Post
    Steal any bicycles today SunBakedDuck?

O.o I thought Monks and Pandaren characters were simpy not allowed RAF or any + experiance things apart from like Heirlooms/guild exp boost..

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    O.o I thought Monks and Pandaren characters were simpy not allowed RAF or any + experiance things apart from like Heirlooms/guild exp boost..
    Monks will be eligible for all RAF bonuses

Quote Originally Posted by Kharli View Post
    The only thing they're not eligible for is Scroll of Resurrection, which is a very different thing than RAF.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2012-08-21 at 07:31 PM.

With heirloom gear, you're already moving fast enough that as long as you make sure to LEAVE zones once the quests turn green (as in don't even complete any more quests that are green, just leave unless you're done and just turning in the rest of completed quests, keep all quests yellow or orange), you'll be moving very fast.

That changes once you hit 85. You won't have rest. You won't have heirloom gear. You won't likely have any or many blues. MoP mobs have ridiculous amounts of health. Unless you're a Windwalker, you're going to go slow. Brewmasters can speed things up by mass pulling (as any tank should do), but it is what it is.

That 50% will make a HUGE difference in helping to catch you up with your guildies since once you get to 90, the grinding STARTS.

You've got to start: bolded reps are REQUIRED to purchase Justice/Valor gear (no, you can't just buy gear with Justice/Valor anymore)

The Tillers (cooking is beast in MoP, but crazy grindy)
    The Shado-Pan
    Golden Lotus
    The Klaxxi
    The August Celestials

The Loremasters

When I was going over my napkin math, I realized that there may be a case for optimally using the buff early, but most low level areas don't have enough tight mob grouping to really allow Brewmasters to optimize the low level zones like that.

Still, I will have to go over my math more in depth to revisit the Outlands xp grind because anything that speeds up that time suck of a place... the better.

Do you even lose it if you die? Haven't thought of testing this yet but I won't be able to for several days. Anyone know? Cause it'd suck if you picked it up for a quick dungeon but shit hits the fan and you wipe -> lose it.

I'd save it for content you can't stand. Like leveling through Northrend
    RETH

Deleted
    Am i the only one here levelling 2 80's on a RAF account now to insta grant 80 as soon as it's launched, then porting for the buff to do Cata content within a couple hours?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kashim View Post
    Do you even lose it if you die? Haven't thought of testing this yet but I won't be able to for several days. Anyone know? Cause it'd suck if you picked it up for a quick dungeon but shit hits the fan and you wipe -> lose it.
    No you don't lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Am i the only one here levelling 2 80's on a RAF account now to insta grant 80 as soon as it's launched, then porting for the buff to do Cata content within a couple hours?[COLOR="red"]
    This thread is mostly for people who wont RaF I'd say. There's plenty of people who'll RaF and do what you'll do though (me included)

id get it with lvl 75 bevor starting the arena quest in zulshit simply because i hate wotlk to level :P

Ok nvm I managed to do a quick log and check it out. Yes the XP buff persists through death, yay!

10+ Year Old Account
    If I level to 80 without ever going to Peak of Serenity (RaF), do I need to do all the quests in order? or can I do them out of order? I would like to get the nice staff from the 80 class quest, but I would also like to save quests so I can go back and fill up on enlightenment buff as I level.

You have to do the lower quests first, before you can do the lv 80 quest.
    Last edited by Algoma0; 2012-08-22 at 04:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algoma0 View Post
    You have to do the lower quests first, before you can do the lv 80 quest.
    Thanks for the info. I was about to post how much more awesome the staff from the quest was over comparable cata staffs until I realized weapon dps is changing in MoP.

See Old Obsidium Bladespear vs New Obsidium Bladespear

It is pretty basic. +50% xp gain for 1 hour means you will go through the content that would usually take 1.5 hours in just 1 hour. You will shave off 30 minutes of leveling for each of these buffs, no matter what level you are. However, getting this buff before bursts of xp would be best. And also, if this buff stacks with heirlooms, be sure to do them quests with heirlooms equipped. Quick swap macros/addons to equip heirlooms before delivering quests at lvl81-90 would not be a bad idea.

I'll be using it for the beginning of BC content, beginning of Wrath content and into Cata content (I have a feeling all of which can be completed before the buffs run out with BoA's.

Not because "saving it" matters for xp% of level gained, but because those parts are clusterfucks of quick xp. maximizing my usage of the buff.

One thing hasn't been mentioned, or at least when I skimmed I missed it, the reason for "saving" the buff is to maximize the effect you get out of it. If you do the level 20 quest at level 20, within that hour you can go through 3 zones. Going between those zones, whether you run yourself there, or, say for horde, take the cart from Ashenvale to Stonetalon, you are wasting time. If you at minimum save the buff until you are in areas where you know you will be in the same area for more than an hour, you'll get more out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghunor View Post
    If I level to 80 without ever going to Peak of Serenity (RaF), do I need to do all the quests in order? or can I do them out of order? I would like to get the nice staff from the 80 class quest, but I would also like to save quests so I can go back and fill up on enlightenment buff as I level.
    It has to be in order. Also, there's a few vendors at the peak that sells all the quest rewards for all of the monk quests. You have to have completed the quest to buy the items from the vendors, but they are there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hellomynameis View Post
    Quick swap macros/addons to equip heirlooms before delivering quests at lvl81-90 would not be a bad idea.
    Did I miss anything? As far as i know there are only 2 heirlooms that goes till 85 and why should you swap your gear with heirlooms anyway?