Annie: How do i lane against champions that can sustain themselves in lane?

Still kinda new, but i love this champion. I can usually dominate lanes against most champions i face, except occasionally i run into a champion that can sustain themselves(ex. Vladamir) . Normally i wittle down their hp then when i get my ult, do a touch of death combo, but for champions that can keep themselves at full hp, what exactly are my options. Is waiting for someone to gank the only thing i can do?

For your specific example against vladimir his Q is on a really long cooldown and if he uses his e often once he has it it will wear down his health at early levels so what you want to be doing in say the pre-6 is to try and harase him so that he is only healing say half the damage your dealing ganking will also help alot as his pool has a long cooldown early and costs a chunk of health if you can get a few early kills on him and get a gold/level advantage then you should come out better off in exhanges try to bait out his pool early so he wont pool things like tibbers or anything and get a deathfire grasp as the more AP he gets the more Hp he has
    I'm a little ninja, short and stout I take all the loot and I hearthstone out All the guys on teamspeak scream and shout I'm the warrior in full devout.

Pre-6 the main thing you need to do is try to harass him whenever his q is on CD. After he hits 6 Vladi becomes quite strong and i'm not even sure you can beat him 1v1 unless you're fed. So you farm safely, and try to gank other lanes.

thats usually what i try to do, attack him while his healing ability is on cooldown. Only problem is if i do get his health down, he just turret humps till he gets his hp back, then i'm back to square one and probably close to oom if not already oom and forced to tele back before him. If i leave him alone, he will harass and i'll eventually lose the hp war and forced to tele early, its a lose/lose situation Either way its a mana user vs a non mana user, its rough.

If you see that he's overly defensive, don't commit that much to the kill, farm those minions!(Without pushing of course :P) If he goes all out on you you have the stun to reset. At 6, you can gank bot or top and get some kills/assists.

EDIT: And this is where the part of the jungler comes to play. A good jungler will realise that you're in a tough spot and help with a gank, it's a general rule of thumb that you should gank vlad pre-6 as much as possible. Don't forget though, you can ask for a gank as well!
    Last edited by Marthenil; 2012-08-21 at 01:42 AM.

if you are new, its going to be hard. The thing that annie has that other sustain champs dont is a stupidly long auto attack range. Abuse it. Unfortuantly this isnt a huge advantage and she will get pushed out by the likes of Morgana, Arhi, etc.

If you end up having a few bad games, get revenge by playing Warwick mid. Sorc pen boots, Chalice, hold your horses till lvl 6 then whoosh :P

Quote Originally Posted by Guffspeak View Post
    if you are new, its going to be hard. The thing that annie has that other sustain champs dont is a stupidly long auto attack range. Abuse it. Unfortuantly this isnt a huge advantage and she will get pushed out by the likes of Morgana, Arhi, etc.

If you end up having a few bad games, get revenge by playing Warwick mid. Sorc pen boots, Chalice, hold your horses till lvl 6 then whoosh :P
    Yeah she does have a long attack range, no escape though with a slow run speed. But i dont really have trouble against other aps and mid champions since i can easily dodge most skillshots and i have no problem against morgana once i realized her root is a skillshot and i just have to dodge it.

I play veigar now and then but i guess he has a higher skillcap, cause champions i destroy in mid with annie, can easily rape me hard if i play wrong, diana is one of them. I cant touch of death combo her as she just ports outta my circle then rapes me in melee if i get close, so i've focused more on playing annie.

Deleted
    Hmm get spellvamp early? (then you can stay longer on lane)
    You can aa him (you got high range)
    Cataclyst + creep farm?

Vlad will get Force of Nature as fast as possible if he faces ap mid. So magic penetration can be helpful.

Generally... Annie is one trick pony. I can't stop laughing when enemy Annie holds her stun for 10 minutes xD And she will waste it anyway. Vlad seems like champ that whatever he buys it will give him more than one benefit.

And as said before - ask jungler for ganks.

Tips for Vlad in general?
    -Ignite to reduce heals
    -Try to harass him early then stop (he will waste pool). When your cds are refreshed - burst him down

Deleted
    If you come up against Vlad the best thing to do is to take Darius... Go into lane kill, Kill again go back buy get more kills...

Rinse and repeat... (The only thing that might save him will be if he Pools your E...)
    ^
    Not too serious about it but it works
    Last edited by mmoc818e8c0ca4; 2012-08-21 at 10:07 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Annie has the advantage of being able to use Q to farm without losing mana. She has fantastic mana sustain. With smart play, you don't have to leave the lane unless your getting harassed a ton and blow through your health potions.

I wouldn't worry too much about Vlad mid unless you are seeing it a ton. He is normally played top lane since other AP mids can bully him out of lane really easily. No other AP Carry will have the same sustain as him since they will have mana.

As Annie? Push the lane when your ult is up, and save a stun.

Gank other lanes.

You win the game.

Bonus points if you gank bot and get a double or triple kill.

build a hextech revolver immediately, your Q should then farm a good amount of hp for you, if you can get rather fed a hextech revolver and either a giants belt or negatron cape
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    100-0 him once you hit lvl 6. It's really easy to get Annie an early kill off a jungle gank and once you start snowballing, every time ult is up you can kill him or the very least force him out of lane. I usually gank for Annie players at level 4 so they can get early double dorans ring possibly Kage's to do some mean damage to Vlad in a combo @ 6. The big thing is not being super obvious when you're going to go for damage on him. You can easily zone someone like Vlad out of cs if you just run at him every time you have a stun or 3 stack ready to be E'd into a stun. If he's content with staying out of your Q range then good for him, turn it into a farm lane and eventually you'll land a combo and kill him. You're not ever going to be able to just wear him down and eventually kill him or force him out of lane. You have to go huge or go home. You also won't out sustain him by getting a Revolver, I would suggest going Double Doran's Ring into Deathcap into Rod of Ages. If I'm getting kills, Deathcap first is the way to go but if its a farming stalemate where you have trouble comboing the other champion, go Rod of Ages first. Once you get Deathcap, you can 100-0 anyone in the game that isn't super beefy already with Q - R - W - Q combo before 25 minutes. You can explode carries quite instantly that it doesn't even get to the second Q.

The unfortunate part about Annie is, if you don't start to snowball she's not as good. You'll get bursted down before you can get a combo off by any team with a brain. The main thing when playing her is to farm well, play very aggressive and go for gold every time ult is up. Ask for a gank around level 4-5 and tell him to go when you stun. If you do this, you will absolutely destroy any Vlad player. Only good ones will be able to come out of the laning phase without a snowballed Annie on their hands. If you come across someone who is playing super passively, and staying out of your Q range at all times, do as a previous poster says and just push the lane quickly and gank other lanes.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-08-21 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    100-0 him once you hit lvl 6. It's really easy to get Annie an early kill off a jungle gank and once you start snowballing, every time ult is up you can kill him or the very least force him out of lane. I usually gank for Annie players at level 4 so they can get early double dorans ring possibly Kage's to do some mean damage to Vlad in a combo @ 6. The big thing is not being super obvious when you're going to go for damage on him. You can easily zone someone like Vlad out of cs if you just run at him every time you have a stun or 3 stack ready to be E'd into a stun. If he's content with staying out of your Q range then good for him, turn it into a farm lane and eventually you'll land a combo and kill him. You're not ever going to be able to just wear him down and eventually kill him or force him out of lane. You have to go huge or go home. You also won't out sustain him by getting a Revolver, I would suggest going Double Doran's Ring into Deathcap into Rod of Ages. If I'm getting kills, Deathcap first is the way to go but if its a farming stalemate where you have trouble comboing the other champion, go Rod of Ages first. Once you get Deathcap, you can 100-0 anyone in the game that isn't super beefy already with Q - R - W - Q combo before 25 minutes. You can explode carries quite instantly that it doesn't even get to the second Q.

The unfortunate part about Annie is, if you don't start to snowball she's not as good. You'll get bursted down before you can get a combo off by any team with a brain. The main thing when playing her is to farm well, play very aggressive and go for gold every time ult is up. Ask for a gank around level 4-5 and tell him to go when you stun. If you do this, you will absolutely destroy any Vlad player. Only good ones will be able to come out of the laning phase without a snowballed Annie on their hands. If you come across someone who is playing super passively, and staying out of your Q range at all times, do as a previous poster says and just push the lane quickly and gank other lanes.
    Yes i always go for ganks if my ult is up and im certain i cant kill the person in my lane for whatever reason. I cant 100-0 as at most i would do 75 percent if i hit everthing as once they are out of stun, they tend to flash and get away since annie sucks at chasing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's good though, he uses his Flash plus he's low. If you stand close to him while still being able to kill minions you're in a good place. He either has to go back or is forced to walk into you for a Q + W combo. If he takes 75% of his hp from your ult and stays in the lane (specifically Vlad) is going to have to Q you to get health back or waste a pot. Just continue to last hit minions, ward one of the bushes and play safe to that side. If he flashes on the first of your burst combos, he cant do it on the second time it comes around. As long as they don't build any magic resist items you will be able to almost kill them with Q R W Q and Ignite somewhere in there. The most important thing is farming, if you can get a decent amount of AP, it's obviously going to make your burst combos way deadlier. Sustain champions aren't really what gives Annie problems, or they shoulden't at least. Moreso, champions that can poke you from a decent range or have hard cc that they can get on you before you can stun them are the harder ones to deal with.