Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    I know americans have a problems with that whole USA not being the world thing (MLB champion ship game labelled world series and so on), but don't you think that 'north american world championship' is pushing it a bit too far on the dumb side?
    ROFL - good catch!

  2. #62
    Old God Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,675
    Hm, rare mount drop, eh? Looks like I'll have to kill that guy a lot.

    If the Horde lets us. >.<

  3. #63
    Simple explanation of Currency changes:

    1) On 8/28 (Patch Day), VP and CP get converted to JP and HP respectively. No cap to JP and HP. VP and CP gear purchasable with JP and HP. Elite CP Gear removed.
    2) On 9/25 (XPac Day), Hard Cap of JP and HP of 4k is put back. Points over 4k are converted to gold. Points under 4k are kept.

    JP gear is pretty weak in the first tier (iirc, lower ilvl than heroic dungeon drops). VP gear is also nothing to write home about (iirc, lower ilvl than LFR drops). They're there mostly to fill in gaps where you've had bad luck with drops.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Once you get to revered which shouldn't take that long
    Problem is, Shado-Pan and August Celestials are gated behind Golden Lotus, which is ridiculously slow. You're looking at a month and a half for Revered with all the reps you need.

    I bet Blizzard either speeds the reps up dramatically or adds tabards within a month, because when people realize the points they're getting are worthless for over a month they're going to quit in droves.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-08-21 at 12:48 PM.

  5. #65
    Arenas and Rated Battlegrounds reward Conquest.
    what about random battlegrounds? Do we still get 50 conquest points from every random/call to arms bg win and 100 conquest from daily bg win?

  6. #66
    Awesome models for the Sha. My only complaint is that Violence and Anger look really similar (although maybe they are trying to make emotions that are related look similar, which is cool)

  7. #67
    The new LFR system sounds like shit. "Based on performance", that means that there is a lot of people who will get items that don't need it and just sell it as you cant trade them.
    ¨
    That's even worse then people pressing need now.

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by vihtahousu View Post
    what about random battlegrounds? Do we still get 50 conquest points from every random/call to arms bg win and 100 conquest from daily bg win?
    Yes, it's just not the primary method of getting Conquest.

  9. #69
    The Lightbringer Kathranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    3,056
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Problem is, Shado-Pan and August Celestials are gated behind Golden Lotus, which is ridiculously slow. You're looking at a month and a half for Revered with all the reps you need.

    I bet Blizzard either speeds the reps up dramatically or adds tabards within a month, because when people realize the points they're getting are worthless for over a month they're going to quit in droves.
    Yeah, but doesn't it take a minimum of 2-3 weeks to get enough VP for just ONE piece of valor gear?

    I've said this before, but I don't think people realize that VP vendors aren't supposed to be a primary way to gear up anymore. They're more like the BC badge vendors, ways to supplement your dungeon/raid drops if you're not very lucky.

    Trying to put together a full set of VP gear from VP vendors isn't going to be very viable, since it would take several months to earn the VP, nevermind the reputation grinding.

  10. #70
    Wait, they never said they are putting a cap on JP back in, only VP. Something I missed?

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by taurenburger View Post
    Having no cap for justice and honour is silly, but actually nice too. Means I can just farm enough for all the items I'd need at 90. Guess I gotta calculate how much I need.
    theres no honor cap in next patch??????????????
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

  12. #72
    valor to justice huh. well i guess that's ok. i have like 14k valor and 2k justice on my main. i guess cause of the justice cap i will get capped out then the rest will be in my mailbox in 4k capped individual mails???

    i don't wanna lose that justice which i can use to buy BOA gear for my panda monk.

  13. #73

    JP Cap

    Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Wait, they never said they are putting a cap on JP back in, only VP. Something I missed?
    There has been a JP cap all through cata. 4k. No VP cap tho.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:34 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    valor to justice huh. well i guess that's ok. i have like 14k valor and 2k justice on my main. i guess cause of the justice cap i will get capped out then the rest will be in my mailbox in 4k capped individual mails???

    i don't wanna lose that justice which i can use to buy BOA gear for my panda monk.
    If u read a little closer you will see that when the conversion occurs there will temporarily be no cap on VP

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobizzhere View Post
    There has been a JP cap all through cata. 4k. No VP cap tho.

    ---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:34 AM ----------



    If u read a little closer you will see that when the conversion occurs there will temporarily be no cap on VP
    right, vp never had a cap. just trying to find out if there will still be a jp cap. converting all that vp to jp i figure the leftover would be mailed to me. i shouldn't lose any of it. i need it for boa gear.

    edit: oops nevermind. just had to read it again. guess it will all goto currency and nothing mailed out since no leftovers.
    Last edited by Metallikiddd; 2012-08-21 at 07:04 PM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Simple explanation of Currency changes:


    JP gear is pretty weak in the first tier (iirc, lower ilvl than heroic dungeon drops).
    It's worse than that, JP gear is weaker than honor gear.

    Take a look at, for example:

    http://mop.wowhead.com/compare?items=89524;84371

    Honor gear is 14 ilvl higher than JP gear AND now has no budget penalty for what it spends on Resilience. If things stay this way I'll be grinding honor to gear up for LFR instead of heroics.

    VP gear beats Conquest gear (mostly through being 6 ilvl HIGHER) so JP gear appears to be about 14-20 ilvl too low to be worth it. Heroic dungeons (which I presume we're going to grind to get the JP in the first place) drop ilvl 463 gear, which beats the JP gear. Add to that the fact that many JP items require reputation (which could take weeks of dailies to reach) and suddenly it seems the ONLY use for JP will be if you run heroics for several weeks and never get something better than your questing greens to drop for a slot.

  16. #76
    "We're removing head enchants and give shoulder enchants to scribes because we don't think players should be forced to grind rep with certain factions. Oh by the way, you need to grind faction rep if you want to buy valor gear." - Blizzard, Masters of trolling
    Last edited by Gordon; 2012-08-22 at 12:36 PM.

  17. #77
    I wonder how many people who read these blue posts and info actually read them before knee jerking about them. I swear that a LOT of questions that are asked about the post they are asking about would be answered if they would just READ the post they commented on.

  18. #78
    Keyboard Turner eXzituSs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bratislava
    Posts
    2
    Group of PvE players going word boss raid.

    PvE Server: pinata

    PvP Server: Endless Masacre :-)

    Poor unbalanced, low populated EU servers x)

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
    "We're removing head enchants and give shoulder enchants to scribes because we don't think players should be forced to grind rep with certain factions. Oh by the way, you need to grind faction rep if you want to buy valor gear." - Blizzard, Masters of trolling

    I can understand the difference. Shoulder enchants are more necessary irregardless of of what tier or Ilvl gear you are applying it to. Valor gear is "optional". The shoulder enchants are not really optional.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •