Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aww man wheres the rest!!!
    (And kudos to you sir, i'm not sure I could act that dumb even if I was being paid.)
    Last edited by Djinni; 2012-08-21 at 10:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The people that fall for this will likely fall for anything.

If I got one I'd have fun with them.
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2012-08-21 at 10:37 AM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Oh baby.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

This seems like an extremely inefficient and stupid way to take control of someone's computer.
    Although you are screwing with them pretty bad, lol. Feeding them exactly what they want to hear. "I'm not really into computers that much."
    Last edited by haxartus; 2012-08-21 at 11:03 AM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I died of laughter when you laughed at his name

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    These guys always make my day when they call - nothing like a nice bit of trolling on a Friday night before heading out!

The last one I had kept asking me to read the serial number off my laptop - so I said "It's zero zero zero zero" and he asked "are you sure that's right sir?" - to which I answered "sure! it says it right above the full power button!". Had him going for over an hour before he accused me of having an inappropriate relationship with a maternal figure and then hung up.

My highlight was when he said his name was "Mr. Simpson" and I asked him "Are you sure you're not confused with Apu?"...

Nice video mate, bet you had a lot of fun making it!

Cheers,
    Ark

When he 'hands over to someone else'... it's fucking obviously the same guy lol

So bad.

Deleted
    Nice xD

I'd probably just boot my laptop into ubuntu, just to troll the guy :3

The really funny part is that someone, somewhere probably fell for this. But the video is hilarious, big kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    The really funny part is that someone, somewhere probably fell for this.
    You mean "the sad part", don't you?

It may seem funny to us, because we know it is bullshit after about 5 seconds, but there are people out there who don't, and they can lose significant amounts of their money to these thieves.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-21 at 12:39 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    I get 4 of these a week. Hilarious to troll the shit out of them.

this is hilarious sadly we dont get those calls in germany ;y

I literally just got one 1hour ago. This guy was an Indian as well, with a very strong accent, and claimed to be "Peter Parker". His phone number was later identified as unvailable/unknown.

He said that my PC is full of viruses and errors, thousands of them, and that they're just taking over my system. He said they'd like to do something about it and I said I'm not going to download a remote management program or a VPN. He then asked me, what are those things?

Yeah.... okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Valynvin View Post
    this is hilarious sadly we dont get those calls in germany ;y
    I'm glad we don't. Would be a bloody pain in the ass, the phone ringing every hour.

Deleted
    I got one of these calls about 5-7 months ago, they would phone every single day. One day i decided to take the absolute piss for about an hour, the guy put me onto his manager and everything.

After i got bored, I told him how i knew he was trying to scam me and that it would never work... He went on to calling me "an English mother fucker" and that I'd die if he met me.
    Last edited by mmoc09b828f4f1; 2012-08-21 at 12:47 PM.

Lol nice job, I've gotten these before, but I just fucked them off cause they're annoying.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

where is part 2? I WANT MOAR

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can report this to the Federal Trade Commission. They will actually investigate it. I had one of these calls myself. If enough people report these things the Feds will definitely do their best to stop it.

Hahahaha this is hilarious. Great job OP!
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hurstor/simple
    Tier 11 - 25man -13/13hc (world 220)
    Tier 12 - 10/25man - 7/7hc (world 144)
    Tier 13 - 10/25man - 8/8hc (world 91)
    Tier 14 - 10man - 6/6hc - 4/6 hc - Quit raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Fatereaper View Post
    You can report this to the Federal Trade Commission. They will actually investigate it. I had one of these calls myself. If enough people report these things the Feds will definitely do their best to stop it.
    I should report the ones who call my mothers house then. Thank god they called at the time I was staying with her, she comes to me with the phone in her hand saying "A technician is calling, saying we have viruses" I told her there is no way someone can know if we do or don't unless they're on your computer. I took the phone from her and violated the callers brain with every possible insult I could imagine. I told her if anyone calls like this again, to tell them to speak to her daughter.
    My mom is old and doesn't know much about computers and is someone who would fall for this without me, she calls me every time she is uncertain about something technical related, which is annoying except in these circumstances. What I would do to these guys if I met them in person.

Nice video OP. I don't have the patience to deal with these terrible people to troll them and too much of a temper to not call them out on their shit.
    Last edited by galaxiah; 2012-08-21 at 01:31 PM.

Sylvari Necromancer