[Wizard] 1.0.4 Discussion

Anyone feeling like the wizard changes were very underwhelming? I'm not sure if i am alone on this, but it seems like they missed some of the core skill issues with the class. Disintegrate and Ray of Frost received no changes, despite being terribly underused due to the channeling requirement. Slow Time didn't receive anything, neither did Wave of Force or Energy Twister.

The biggest class problem in the game, the armor trio, didn't even get touched on a fundamental level. Storm Armor received no changes, and ice armor only received a rune change which might make it *slightly* useful. Nothing was done to familiar, despite it's lack of usefulness outside of the one rune. Due to the teleport image rune, Mirror image is nigh on never used now.

Anyone else feel like a lot more needed to be done? Especially rewrites to the Armor spells?

Deleted
    Well they buffed my build so I'm happy. I also so know that my build well never be popular so it will never get nerfed! I'm surprised ice and storm armour didn't receive any changes, they are really bad choices to use in inferno unless you have the gear to compensate for the serious loss in defence.

Underwhelming in that I expected there to be more talked about, yeah. Not in that the changes they did mention were underwhelming, most were welcome. I did want them to talk about the Signature spells more, and their runes, though. I kind of wanted them to talk on certain Arcane Orb and Disintegrate runes. I was surprised at the lack of mention of Archon. There was more they could have covered overall, not necessarily changes in all cases, but just simple clarity of design philosophy where some were concerned.

Deleted
    I have to agree. Overall it was pretty underwhelming.
    For me (wicked wind-spec) the only change at all was the proc-coeffecient(50% nerf on crit-chance) - not really what I was looking for. Tuning so many of the abilities only on dmg% seems a little thin. And I agree with the above posters about armors, mirror images, slow time, disintegrate, wave of force and ray of frost (Energy Twister was acually changed - although only 1 rune).
    What makes me most sad (yes, biased since it's my spec) is the change to Wicked Wind - they are basically taking the most popular "tanking-spec" and nerfing it bigtime. Perfect for the wizards who (once again) bought items to support a spec just to see that spec be nerfed... I guess I'll have to log in to actually see how much it really affects my game.

Deleted
    I was expecting more when i saw the buffs to barbarians. Hammer of the ancient - for example, is being buffed from 200 to 325% base, for a 20 fury cost instant abillity. Compare with Meteor - wich has its base dmg raised from 200 to 260%, for a abillity wich cost 60 ap, has a 2 sec delay and can miss moving targets.

In a vacuum the buffs are great ofc - but they are not good enough to make me go back to my Wizard(wich was my first and prefered class), i will be sticking to barb.

Both casters will get a less obvious buff though - twohanders getting a new loottable on par with 2xonehanders, will give caster the potentiale for higher critdmg, more LOH and higher base stats. I could imagine a really great rolled twohander ( a Skorn for example or a ~1800 dps staff with 175+ critdmg, socket and shitload of int) would be bis for wizards - will have to se though.

As always the wizards get left behind. I was expecting something more.
    With the changes it will only make the other class stronger. Wait till you have pvp and you will see the disadvantages of wizards against the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will try to stay CM build but with meteor + teleport (safe passage or fracture), been testing it out with 29 apoc and it works pretty good so far, got around 45k dps, 1k all resists and 6900 armor, actually I pretty much love the meteors because of the damage, sure its not as reliable to keep proccing those CM ticks but its massive dmg when it hits, and after some practise makes it pretty easy to hit.

If I get bored I can just roll back to my whirlwind barb and feel the breeze of death behind me when I sprint!

10+ Year Old Account
    I can agree that WW spec Wiz was OP but a FIFTY PERCENT NERF?!?!?!

THAT is excessive. At what amount of Crit do you suppose a WW Wiz wouldn't really notice the nerf? I'm currently sitting at 40% but could very easily pump it up to 50%

Ugh. Well. Now I have to really consider which toon to actually get Paragon levels with. Might just have to shelve my poor Wizard.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

wizards needs some love =/