So it sounds like MoP PvP is unplayable?

All I'm hearing about is ridiculous, unavoidable damage from MULTIPLE classes, gibfests, and generally imbalances all up and down. I'm sure we've all seen the warrior oneshot macro vids, now I don't know if these vids are based off of old builds without the proper resil modifers, etc, but it sounds like they're pretty recent.

Very, very disappointed to say the least. The game releases in 6 weeks and it looks like it's going to ship with a major component of the game being completely and utterly broken. Everybody is so concerned and caught up with arguing about pandas that it seems like this is almost going under the radar?

Am I missing something here? Is nobody else genuinely worried?

they are still releasing patches often (we'll probably get another one either today or tomorrow), all of which are tuning damage numbers

never worry about anything on beta until it does actually come out on live servers

The hybrid healing is so broken spriests topping themselves in three flash heals, mages spell steal glyph is so op too, and warriors second wind (you have to blow cds to kill through this,a warlock cant solo through this with just dots warrior can just afk and outheal dot damage =/

Way too much instant cc but I think the hybrid healing should be fixed first

Forgot about hunters spirit mend heal is wickedly powerful also

No matter what Im still excited cause its new and fresh even though the instant cc is atrocious
    Last edited by dotsown; 2012-08-21 at 09:06 AM.

You obviously never played any good teams in Wrath pvp.. I recall winning arena games within 10 seconds as a destro lock in Wrath. If they could possibly screw up worse than that I will be very amazed.

Edit: Also when was pvp ever not broken? I am very curious... not broken would mean absolutely no class or team was overpowered by a large margin.
    Last edited by Vanamman; 2012-08-21 at 08:45 AM.
    The days of the carrot on a stick mindset are over. 'You want it? It's right there. Just go get it' Has changed to 'Here, Don't eat it all at once, Aw hell, What do I care?'

Feels like too much pvp power of gear. In S12 gear you've something like +33% dmg/heal against players and -52% dmg from players (40% of them are passive). So generally we're getting extra 12% mitigation from pvp gear and extra 33% dmg from pvp. Doesn't make much sence to me becouse arena fight between 2 pve geared teams with 40% baseline mitigation will last longer then fight between 2 teams in pvp gear. Overall feels like pvp power on gear greatly outscales resiliance on same gear.

Also warriors self-healing is obscene, SP (playing one on beta) direct healing is too strong whille renew/pom that both can be glyphed to use in shadowform are stupidly weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    All I'm hearing about is ridiculous, unavoidable damage from MULTIPLE classes, gibfests, and generally imbalances all up and down. I'm sure we've all seen the warrior oneshot macro vids, now I don't know if these vids are based off of old builds without the proper resil modifers, etc, but it sounds like they're pretty recent.

Very, very disappointed to say the least. The game releases in 6 weeks and it looks like it's going to ship with a major component of the game being completely and utterly broken. Everybody is so concerned and caught up with arguing about pandas that it seems like this is almost going under the radar?

Am I missing something here? Is nobody else genuinely worried?
    Honestly I dont know what to think. Some people on here are claiming healing is so insanely high that no one will ever die ever and if theres a healer just ragequit. Then again other people are showing videos of wars or hunters killing people in 5-6 seconds and then everyone claims dotcleaves will dominate which makes no sense against overpowered healing. So much contradiction on what I hear on these forums its ridiculous.

Im sure the balance wont be perfect but it probably wont be too bad. Try to be optimistic I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Honestly I dont know what to think. Some people on here are claiming healing is so insanely high that no one will ever die ever and if theres a healer just ragequit. Then again other people are showing videos of wars or hunters killing people in 5-6 seconds and then everyone claims dotcleaves will dominate which makes no sense against overpowered healing. So much contradiction on what I hear on these forums its ridiculous.

Im sure the balance wont be perfect but it probably wont be too bad. Try to be optimistic I guess.
    Not contradictory at all.

OP burst that will get nerfed = warriors, frost DK, fire mage, frost mage and BM hunter thats it.

OP heals = outlast gameplay = dots = burning crusade, want me to explain it with apples?

so much confusion omg my head hurts >_< so much contradiction

Current beta level 90 arena is far more playable than current live arena, coming from a 2700 player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lassira View Post
    Current beta level 90 arena is far more playable than current live arena, coming from a 2700 player.
    yea right, dont make me laugh, you are lying through your teeth or you play moonkin or shadowpriest or another lol-healz spec and have no idea what means balance.

Every single well know arena player is saying how bad this is. They are not even bothering with arenas for the time being.

2 post already on the first 10 on the beta forums, first one is from a celebrity gladiator DK.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369528424
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6398610127
    Last edited by darthades; 2012-08-22 at 07:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darthades View Post
    yea right, dont make me laugh, you are lying through your teeth or you play moonkin or shadowpriest or another lol-healz spec and have no idea what means balance.

Every single well know arena player is saying how bad this is. They are not even bothering with arenas for the time being.

2 post already on the first 10 on the beta forums, first one is from a celebrity gladiator DK.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6369528424
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6398610127

it's not unplayable at all, healing is pretty outrageous atm.. apparently something to do with gear stats.

i think the only one streaming 3s right now worth watching is Novoz, so go watch and / or play instead of taking someone's word for it who you consider ...um..a celebrity. :/
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2012-08-22 at 11:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another day, another pointless whinefest with 0 basis aside from what the OP 'heard' about an unfinished beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Another day, another pointless whinefest with 0 basis aside from what the OP 'heard' about an unfinished beta.
    yeah, these aren`t problems at all, we`re just all here to whine about nothing. in fact, none of what we`re saying is true. hunters, mages, warriors, off-healing, it`s actually all balanced, and release is a month away, so there`s lots of time to change problems that have been around for quite a while.

I guess it`s great if you`re someone who mains a warrior in PvP though, right?
    Last edited by La; 2012-08-22 at 11:59 PM.

Deleted
    It's beta. Calm down.