Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wonder what happens if you try to burn this mother fucker with a magnifying glass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    I wonder what happens if you try to burn this mother fucker with a magnifying glass?
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...or_Coat_(move)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyratops View Post
    It just gets stronger, until it can burn you with it's own magnifying glass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    So my lighter should do 300% dmg to it then.
    "it's super effective"

Deleted
    i shivered when i saw it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Time for genetic splicing. Let's get people with photosynthesis and only worry about food when they're out of the sun. Wait, that would require people to go outside. Never mind.
    We don't have enough skin surface area to be able to make it effective.

That bug is tiny by the way. Looks a lot like lice.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-08-21 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorticus View Post
    Yes, the green slug known as elysia clorotica is able to utilize solar energy, but it does so through the algae it eats. If the slug never ate the algae then it would never be able to utilize solar energy. This is the distinct difference between the pea aphid discovered and the green slug. This aphid produces photosynthetic cells naturally without needing to consume other organisms.
    "The team warns that more research will be needed before we can be sure that aphids truly have photosynthesis-like abilities."

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Well, it isn't exactly that amazing. The only reason plants can use sunlight is because they have cellular structures that hold a pigment chlorophyll. The pigment itself isn't that different from the one we have, melanin, or any other pigment in the natural world. I doubt the bug itself has the necessary cellular structure though (chloroplast), if it did, i'm pretty sure it would be a plant. It must process sunlight in some other way using chlorophyll, i'm assuming.