Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I'll be at my mums, catsitting. Just me for the entire weekend through to monday.

Just need to make sure to remember to feed the cat.
    Are you going Desolation again AE?

I've seen you scampering around but not yet had a chance to say hullo.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Serinia,
    It's alright we understand. Your post was pointless though, you came in made a statement against what this post was talking about and stated you aren't going to play GW2 because of the cost.

So you came in downgraded people in here, aren't even going to play GW2, and you make a MoP plug. Go back to where you came from.
    Last edited by Voorhees83; 2012-08-21 at 01:36 PM.

I forgot I preorder this game >_> wasn't going crazy for it only cause it gets released when I'm at work lol. Have to wait a few days before I can really enjoy it :3

Quote Originally Posted by Mystwind View Post
    I have deleted my "old" GW2 install and re-installed it fresh, and I let it update once a day so I have the latest files.

I have spent the morning watching GW2 lore videos as I never played GW1. Oh, and I will be going to the store today to buy a new keyboard. One of my kids did god-knows-what to my current one and one of the keys no longer works.
    Could you provide a link to said videos? I have not played Guild Wars 1 either and would like to get familiar with everything lore wise before Saturday!

Thanks in advance!

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard. It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health. I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends. Of course that doesn't mean GW 2 is a bad game, from what I've seen it's amazing but I have fun where my friends are, not where the content is the best. Just play the game when you have free time, the more you play it the more likely you may get burned out on it. Have fun all and take care of your health. Health > gaming.
    So you post in a thread about preparing for GW2, but you're not even buying it :/. Pointless post

I don't see how preparing is immature, i will be working the night of the launch (uk time) so i have to plan how many hours i can play and then get ready for work.

OT: I will get up 1 hour before launch, do the usual, shower shave etc, and have some ice cold water ready, as well as some snacks to keep me going.
    Last edited by mmoc1bab967102; 2012-08-21 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    What is there to prepare for? i'll most likely play the game casualy
    And to be honest i dont understand why you'd prepare much for a game unless its for world / server first or things like that
    Last edited by mmoc15645c0f5b; 2012-08-21 at 01:50 PM.

All these "preparations" before a launch of a game sound so immature in my opinion. I can't imagine myself sitting all day in front of my pc playing a new game like that and having food next to me eating like a glutton and making a mess on my keyboard. It's totally disgusting even thinking about it or the redbulls, I feel sorry for anyone drinking that. You should get some sleep the night or w/e it launces and play when you wake up after a nice sleep. Playing half-asleep is really bad for your health. I won't convince any of you about all this but I just wanted to state my opinion. As for me, I'm not planning to buy this game since 53 euros are kinda a lot for a university student that only focuses on her studies so I will choose MoP like the rest of my friends. Of course that doesn't mean GW 2 is a bad game, from what I've seen it's amazing but I have fun where my friends are, not where the content is the best. Just play the game when you have free time, the more you play it the more likely you may get burned out on it. Have fun all and take care of your health. Health > gaming.
    Well, it's a good thing we can have opinions.

Deleted
    Was thinking of going out and getting a new gaming mouse and keyboard if I get time; not really specifically for GW2 but a new game release is a good excuse for myself really, the mouse I have at the moment is really unresponsive and starting to put me at a disadvantage in some games. Upgraded my GPU and fans for D3 which wasn't that long ago so my PC is good thankfully, because I hate installing new hardware.

Otherwise I'm an early riser anyway (although not usually quite so early), so will be getting up a little earlier than usual but not doing anything amazingly different. I won't be eating/drinking any different to usual, I would stock up on caffeine if I could but I don't drink it so alas, none for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    You have no idea how casual i am, but still i'll have some fresh coffee at ready (just for the taste since caffeine has no effects me ), maybe a snack (but i'm not a big eat-at-keyboard fan), and some good old pre-launch thrills, like someone excited before a long awaited journey.
    And i'm ready to sail!

It is ok if you cannot afford 54 euro for a game, but you will buy a game that is 30 euro plus 12 euro for the month subscription (as far as I know expansions don't give a free month correct me if I am wrong)...So you cannot give 54 euro for a game you can play free forever but you can give 42 euro for a game to play 1 month..Probably you are not study economics

Anyway then you say that you will play MoP because your friends will play that game too. well thats a very good reason, much better than the economic factors. It would be nice to be able to buy them both and try GW2 though

On topic now. I did a format to my pc to be very fresh and speedy. I only installed the very important things to it. Also don't forget Leatrix latency fix. This thing do wonders..I suppose the 90% of people know it already but just in case someone don't...I made a clean reinstall of GW2 game again. i watch videos of the game, read informations and I have a notepad next to me to write down every cool name comes to mind to have a list ready for the launch
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Are you going Desolation again AE?

I've seen you scampering around but not yet had a chance to say hullo.
    I might be... but I might be testing out the US servers, see what my latency is like.

Because people still haven't finalised their servers much =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomzter View Post
    And to be honest i dont understand why you'd prepare much for a game unless its for world / server first or things like that
    Sometimes when people are looking forward to something they have a kind of a ritual that goes along with it. For instance, I love cinema...and when there's a film I'm especially looking forward to I'll plan where I'll eat before hand - y'know, make kind of an event of the whole thing.

So, in a similar way, because some folk are quite looking forward to the release of this game...they're kinda making an event of it.

It's nice - it's what human beings do...

10+ Year Old Account
    -Updated my PC
    -Ordered new Graphics Card, hopefully be here by friday afternoon
    -Installed 4 more gigs of ram, up to 12 now
    -Gonna buy new water filter, veggies, beef jerky, veggie chips and teas
    -Decided on what server to play on
    -Name, race and profession mapped out
    -Deposited check in bank
    -Told my loved ones I'll be gone for a few year =P
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Deleted
    -Case of beer - Check
    -Multible boxes of cigarettes - check
    cant think anything else i really need but i will try to survive with these the next 2 weeks im out of reach to outside world and smashing gw2 to a point its not healthy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Two litres of Tropicana for most of my drink requirements and Jaffa Cakes is all I need to get before launch.

Maybe because I have close to 60 euros so I can only buy one of the two? Hope you understand it now :P
    I would make it clear from the start but I thought everyone would understand since I said I'm a university student that focus on her studies (therefore I have no job=no income).
    I think his point was that after a month of game time the prices of the two are almost the same. At 2 months the price of the subscription game is more expensive and it gets progressively worse from then on out. You'd pay a bit more up front but less over the next several months going with GW2. Thats the bit he found odd about your reasoning.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Pfft plastic. Mine are .3 inches of steel

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 11:24 PM ----------

I'll never understand the logic of a one time payment of 50 euros being too expensive, but 30 euros upfront plus 13 euros each month being affordable.
    Or the logic of people with no intent on playing the game coming in and telling us just that. And denigrating us because we are.
    Last edited by rhandric; 2012-08-21 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Going shopping tomorrow. Stacking Coca Cola <3

I find one piece of irony here!
    53 euro's is a lot...but in 4 months you will still be paying, we will not.

Quote Originally Posted by StabsYoFaces View Post

OT
    Havent prepared much, only installed FPS Boooster :P
    You reminded me . Thanks . other than installing that I just bought a 24 pack of Coke so i can play for 2 days straight with little sleep.