Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Usually when people ask "What is there to do at max level?" what they really mean is "What is there to do that will make my character more powerful at max level?"

The key isn't answering the question - the key is making them understand that the question really doesn't apply for this game.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettMickley View Post
    Just want to clear this up: it's not f2p. F2P = Free to play, which means you don't have to pay for it at all. GW2 has a purchase price. I think what you mean is there's no subscription fee. I'm not trying to be rude or anything, just as a game developer my self, if we get these term confusions straightened out, there's less disappointment when other people see "OH F2P" and then go and see it's $60.
    Thank you very much for the kind correction after your response I went and looked up the difference online.

I think the term can be confusing to people like myself who aren't too familiar with the genre. I'm not saying this is how it should be, but this is how I interpreted the language (and I imagine other novices do too):

If something costs nothing upfront nor to play, it would seem that'd be free (an inclusive term).

Taking it a step further and calling something free to play would seem to indicate its free to actually play the game, but it doesn't necessarily mean its free to buy or to gain access to new/unique content. In other words the fact that the acronym includes p (play) only specifies that the actual gameplay is free (at least to a noob like me).

Anywho, I definitely see the difference now and i appreciate you pointing it out to me kindly (being wrong on forums usually gets people to be mean to you).

P.s. I didn't think you were rude

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Usually when people ask "What is there to do at max level?" what they really mean is "What is there to do that will make my character more powerful at max level?"

The key isn't answering the question - the key is making them understand that the question really doesn't apply for this game.
    I agree its a different idea in this game all together. and i am totaly stoked about the end game, its not the same old gind for lame stats, stats suck. Its just a force to play the new(same old) crap expantions they came out with. we added a 1.5% increase to defence so griand for a month please. I have always found taht i my self always would just do the end game for the best LOOKING armor and nothing more, just finished Tera and I ahte my lvl 60 T13 armor, looks just like my lvl 50 armor. stupid game. I am just so happy to see something different. and i know someone will say that the game is lame of not different in any way but, to them i say suck an egg! Thank you!

Didn't read the whole thread but you don't get all your skills and abilities in WvWvW like you do in sPvP. You only get boosted to lvl 80 in WvWvW, the sPvP and regular PvP you get boosted plus weapons and skills and all that. So WvW is really end game and basically you would go out and wreck havoc, do dungeons to get cool gear and get money to buy upgrades for your server's keeps or siege weapons.