Build check please!

Hey, so my brother sent me his current plan to build his new pc. Thought I'd run it by you guys, as I'm not too sure if there are any issues. He mainly only plays WoW, and is hoping this will be good enough to play the new expansion on his 40 inch tv 1080p, at high to max settings.

CPU: Intel BX80637I53570 i5-3570 3.4/3.8GHz LGA1155 IVY Bridge Boxed CPU Cores 4/6MB
    Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-V-LX Intel Z771155/4xDDR3/SATA3/USB3/HDMI/Glan/DVI ATX Motherboard
    RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8G Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1333 F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
    GPU: Gigabyte 2GB GTX 670 PCI-E VGA Card
    HDD: WD 3.5" Green 2TB WD20EARX SATA3 HDD
    SSD: Samsung 830 series 128G SSD-MZ-7PC128B/WW
    DVD: ASUS Black 24x DVD-RW Writer Retail Packing
    Case: Antec 900 Nine-Hundred Gaming Tower without PSU
    PSU: Corsair TX750 ATX Power Supply Unit
    Sound: ASUS Xonar DG Sound Card

Let us know if there are any problems, or any suggestions! He was on a $1000 limit, but I'm spotting him the further 500, so any pennywise suggestions wouldn't go unheard! Thanks a lot.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of it seems to be just fine.. There are some things i would change.
    GPU could be dropped down to a 660Ti to save some money, i doubt you will notice the difference in WoW anyway.
    PSU can be dropped down to 550w and still be enough for whole system + some future overclocking.
    Sound card, is it really needed? I find the intergrated to be just fine for gaming, unless you got some overpriced headset that really benefits from having a dedicated sound card.

Alright thanks for your input Mancerot! I'll tell him to look into the 660Ti. And are you sure about the PSU? I heard that's the one area you don't want to skimp, but if you think that'll be more than enough?

As for the sound card, I know he does music work for uni, but then again, he should be getting a separate pc for that if he wants this one solely for WoW. I'll let him know. Thanks again for your input.

I really can't compare the 660ti, but I wouldn't risk skimping the PSU, as it will give some wiggle room for upgrades later. If there is any higher wattage PSU's on sale, I'd snag those instead. Sound card is purely optional, but if he is working with a lot of sound mixes/etc, then he'll need it. Otherwise, it's a solid build.

^done by CrazyTaco^
    Characters:Shirei||Alimonee||Adamaro||Velyssaval||Alyxxal||Shinafae

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax8 View Post
    Alright thanks for your input Mancerot! I'll tell him to look into the 660Ti. And are you sure about the PSU? I heard that's the one area you don't want to skimp, but if you think that'll be more than enough?
    I wont be the only one saying it will be enough, every other member here that have recommended builds for others members will say that 550w is enough for that system, as long as its from a good brand.
    If i remember right (correct me if im wrong), its not the watts that matters, its the amps that goes through the 12v rails that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax8 View Post
    As for the sound card, I know he does music work for uni, but then again, he should be getting a separate pc for that if he wants this one solely for WoW. I'll let him know. Thanks again for your input.
    I will let others comment more on this, that might be more into music editing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mancerot View Post
    I wont be the only one saying it will be enough, every other member here that have recommended builds for others members will say that 550w is enough for that system, as long as its from a good brand.
    If i remember right (correct me if im wrong), its not the watts that matters, its the amps that goes through the 12v rails that matters.

I will let others comment more on this, that might be more into music editing etc.
    Going down to 550W is not skimping, you can still get a good quality PSU just not overkill powerwise.

If your friend is serious with making music that soundcard is no good, it is not much better than the soundcard already on the motherboard.
    Intel i5-3570K @ 4.7GHz | MSI Z77 Mpower | Noctua NH-D14 | Corsair Vengeance LP White 1.35V 8GB 1600MHz
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3X @ 1372/7604MHz | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Corsair VX450