1. #1

    If you're in Canada don't waste your time with EB Games pre-purchase

    It's not available, either online or in store. They only have pre-order available. If you want the physical box like me, you'll have to be content with the 1 day starter bonus. Just a heads up, unless you want to get some exercise going there.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisWillNotStand View Post
    It's not available, either online or in store. They only have pre-order available. If you want the physical box like me, you'll have to be content with the 1 day starter bonus. Just a heads up, unless you want to get some exercise going there.
    They gave out most of their pre-purchase codes to $5 pre-orders seeing as they're functionally incapable of doing their jobs and knowing the actual difference. It's almost like I've said this a few times.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  3. #3
    Sorry I didn't read your messages about this before, I've always liked EB Games but they seem a wee bit scatterbrained when it comes to pre-ordering stuff. I miss the days when they would give me a CD with the temporary key in it like they did for the LOTRO pre-order.

  4. #4
    Nah, sorry, that wasn't meant to be a potshot at you. My posts of such have been buried beneath quite a lot of shifting topics. But no, people should really not be surprised with the sheer level of failure that EB Games/GameStop are capable of on a daily basis. Management is just as much at fault, because not only are the people not trained (or simply don't care), management will take no action to actually improve that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

  5. #5
    I'm about to go pre-purchase from Gamestop for my brother here in America, I hope they give him the one day head start.
    -Garrett Mickley
    Check out my OUYA Game

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettMickley View Post
    I'm about to go pre-purchase from Gamestop for my brother here in America, I hope they give him the one day head start.
    prepurchase = 3 day headstart
    preorder = 1 day headstart

  7. #7
    I've also had to settle for the 1 day head-start. Couldn't take dealing with the terrible customer support from the website and the local store only had pre-orders (at least the person there seemed semi-competent).

    But hey. Losing two days isn't so bad. It was worth the physical copy, anyways.

  8. #8
    It's been my experience that EBGames and Gamestop are useless unless you want to play console games. It's been my experience that want sales people, not gamers working for them. You can't even have a discussion with most the people that work there about video games other than "whats coming up for pre-order." I find it strange that in a store whose primary business is gamers, that the people working there don't know anything about games. As a company, you would also think they would see trends and actually have a knowledge base of how things work; and yet, I find that their face to face customer servicing employees know next to nothing. It seems a simple thing to me to hold a quick meeting when something like a pre-purchase comes up to explain the difference between a pre-purchase and pre-order to your employees and what all that entails.

    If the people coming into your store know more about whats going on than your employees do, all you're going to succeed in doing is aggravating the piss out of your customers.

  9. #9
    I am Murloc! Mif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tarnished Coast
    Posts
    5,629
    It's not just Canada

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Nah, sorry, that wasn't meant to be a potshot at you. My posts of such have been buried beneath quite a lot of shifting topics. But no, people should really not be surprised with the sheer level of failure that EB Games/GameStop are capable of on a daily basis. Management is just as much at fault, because not only are the people not trained (or simply don't care), management will take no action to actually improve that.
    When you have stores run by 18 and 19 year olds all over the place things fall through the cracks all the time. A friend of mine was a store manager for them as a senior in high school. A teenager often hasn't realized the importance of being accountable and responsible.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    Also, its Birmingham. The place has more guns than teeth. What do you expect?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •