Poll: Vote

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AiAtola View Post
    All of them are major probelms in the game. They shouldn't being intruduced in WoW, or at least they could make special server types for casuals with does features.
    Should be the other way around. There should be a Hardcore game mode, like in FO:NV, and you have to eat/sleep/drink to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Should be the other way around. There should be a Hardcore game mode, like in FO:NV, and you have to eat/sleep/drink to survive.

My favorite game is vanilla WoW. It was a causal theme park mmo-rpg. This version of WoW is just a 3d chat room with some faceroll minigames.
    "PvE is like playing chess against an opponent that makes the same moves everytime"

"PvP is like playing chess"

10+ Year Old Account
    The best raiding I've ever had was during wrath doing heroic TOC and ICC and getting my ICC achievement dragon AT LEVEL 80. That was epic. Cata after T11 just got bleh.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    The community, plain and simple. People are assholes because they can be, because they haven't got the testicular fortitude to be that kind of asshole IRL and risk having their teeth punched down their throat - and what a coincidence, three-quarters of them use one of the things you listed as their so-called 'justification' for being a giant, gaping asshole. Not one thing you have listed in your poll has ever caused as many problems in WoW as the simple fact that cowardly rude people suck.
    I agree with you! While there are some nice mature players in WoW the amount of rude and uncaring people just amazes me.

Yesterday on the beta someone made a comment about how they were glad to see AoE looting. That simple comment launched several people into saying comments such as "you must be a lazy fat pig", "you are a unemployed basement dweller with no job or life", "kill yourself you are so lazy" and other comments along those lines. I played DAoC long after I was bored because of the people in the game.

The players.
    Last edited by damz2969; 2012-08-22 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    I think AiAtola is the greatest contributor to the downfall of WoW.

Other: The community.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolWow916 View Post
    My vote is for Portals/LFD. I don't like flying mounts or welfare epics either but it seems like the thing that really stopped making world of warcraft feel "worldly" when was blizzard allowed players to port all over the place without leaving their healthstone location (sw/orgi). Even in WOTLK pre LFD where welfare epics and flying mounts have been around since BC, playing WOTLK still felt "worldly" and it really felt like I was playing a massive mutliplayer rpg with tons of interaction with other players.

Cata in comparison seems to have lost all semblance of a "massive world" feeling.
    By "downfall of WoW" I'm assuming a reference to the loss of several million subs.

In which case, I'd blame

1: Lack of non-raiding end game content driving casuals away when Cat launched and raiders away when Cata ends as, outside raiding, they find they have nothing else to do.
    2: 10 months of DS and end of Xpac blues.

EJL
    Last edited by Talen; 2012-08-22 at 02:10 PM.

age plane and simple, you can only keep a game fresh for so long before you run out of pine scented air fresheners to hang on it.

Other: The NAO! crowd.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had a dollar for every time one of these types of threads surfaced...

As others have said, the real reason the game has declined is due mainly to old age. Most of the features listed by the OP in the poll are actually enjoyed by the overwhelming majority of the player base, but you wouldn't think so due to the loud moaning of a vocal minority that is hell-bent on spreading negativity and misery for whatever reasons.
    Last edited by Divine Path; 2012-08-22 at 12:27 PM.
    "Come, Stormrage, and I will show you what happens to those that betray the lord of the Legion!" — Mannoroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Doesn't matter, it's still unprecedented, and people are vastly overestimating how much of an effect D3 had. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but I don't know of a single person who stopped their WoW subscription to play D3. I know many that went on breaks, and I know about 30-40 more who were on the annual pass anyway.

In addition the latest calls were for the end of June, D3 had already been out over a month, and people hated it, so many people came back to WoW after they were disappointed.
    Blizzard have numbers that they do not. If they tell their freaking shareholders that D3 took a number of subscribers, then that's what happened. What do you think would happen if they started lying about these things to the people actually owning the company?

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 02:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    Other: The NAO! crowd.
    You know what, I'm actually gonna vote that.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 02:29 PM ----------

Voted Other. Because of the vocal minority being .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanath View Post
    The players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlyman View Post
    Other: The community.
    Players and community don't just change without a reason. There are many reasons for community deterioration, most of them are listed in poll.

When players don't have consequences for bad behavior, they start trolling, spamming, ninjaing. Such behavior always existed in WoW, but before introduction of cross-realm stuff players had reputation to uphold, otherwise they wouldn't be able to do anything in game. In addition to cross-realm communities, reduction of raid sizes contributed. Its easier to find 9 rude players to play with than 24/39, so all 10 can be rude to others, while being able to clear all content.

So what changed? Game. As a result, community and players have changed. Players just did what Blizzard allowed them to do - play in small groups of rude players without having any consequences whatsoever for their bad behavior.

The only reasons the game is "declining" as you say is because the game is getting old, and because Blizzard puts out new content at such a slow pace people get bored faster than they normally would

Deleted
    my answer is: people like you.

If u dont like the game dont play it. simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets see. Name of poster is OldSchoolWow916 . Claiming there is a downfall of WoW. Next highest competitor of WoW has about 8 million less subs than WoW. Obviously not clicking on a biased poll that doesn't have a WoW's doing fine option. Please tell me, just why WoW is dying, dead, on a downfall, or whatever other claims doomsayers use. Really. I don't care that 3 million people may have left the game. Do you really expect people to play a video game for the rest of their lives? People move on. Some people are unhappy with the game obviously. Some people, like my best friend, just ran out of time to play the game. He still really enjoyed it and his wife is still in my guild playing several times a week. He just doesn't have the time for games at the moment. Did you forget that was a possibility?

I personally believe it was EA. They ruin every other game, so why not WoW?

Seriously, it's the people that are ruining the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Lets see. Name of poster is OldSchoolWow916 . Claiming there is a downfall of WoW. Next highest competitor of WoW has about 8 million less subs than WoW. Obviously not clicking on a biased poll that doesn't have a WoW's doing fine option. Please tell me, just why WoW is dying, dead, on a downfall, or whatever other claims doomsayers use. Really. I don't care that 3 million people may have left the game. Do you really expect people to play a video game for the rest of their lives? People move on. Some people are unhappy with the game obviously. Some people, like my best friend, just ran out of time to play the game. He still really enjoyed it and his wife is still in my guild playing several times a week. He just doesn't have the time for games at the moment. Did you forget that was a possibility?
    Do you think word of mouth is working against wow now since new players aren't joining as fast as players are quiting?

The biggest IMO are LFR/LFG and things like this. I don't like community food/flasks. I like the aspect of an MMO where i actually had to put time into getting ready for raids. Traveling to raids. Meeting people on my server.

I miss having to put groups together. No one wants to do that anymore. I miss CC and having to plan pulls based around what CC you have in the group. More BC style heroics please. 5 mans have been very boring since Wrath.

Easy mode stuff IMO has been the biggest contributor to the decline in Subs. If it was not for raiding and RL friends still playing there would be no reason to play anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    The downfall of WoW is every single change that has occurred since 2004.

It's the people who complain and complain and complain and complain. And I'm serious. In the 4-5 years I've played this game, every single new thing in this game has "contributed to the down fall of this game." Pets purchased for a price from the store. Removal of attunements. The addition of daily quests. The change of the PvP system. The removal of old AV. The addition of heroic raids. The removal of the locks to heroic 5 mans. Goblins. Worgen. Draenei. Blood Elves (especially the males.) Flying mounts. The reduction in the cost of flying mounts. Dual spec. The reduction in the cost of dual spec. The ability for prot paladins to tank (they claimed we'd replace all the warriors!) 40 mans being reduced to 25 mans. 25 mans having a 10 man version. LFR. LFG. The hour long wait at the AH. The implementation of battle.net. Arena. Rated BGs. Pandaren. Pet battles. The new talent system. The newer talent system. The even newer talent system. The MoP talent system. Death knights. Monks. We see Arthas all the damn time! We don't see enough of Deathwing!

Seriously, if you listen to the community, EVERYTHING is the greatest contributor to the downfall of WoW.

I wish I could find a link to the infamous Palehoof rant.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-08-22 at 01:01 PM.
    Putin khuliyo