Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomsk69 View Post
    i actually tried to sell stuff when the game actually had a decent size player base. i currently have like 1 million gold, i played like 1 hour today after patch 1.04 and its still just as dull and boring as it was 1 week after i dinged 60 on my monk. the game is completely dead. i did a search for weapons on the AH and it listed back 3, just 3 weapons

and all i did for the search was,, my monks main stat, vit, and life on hit, and got 3 results.

the RMAH is a joke anyways. when it came out i had some really nice i lvl 63 items, and i couldnt even sell those for 3 bucks.
    Definetly more than 3 weapons with dex/vit/loh on ah unless you put high stat budgets on them

i got a job and ask my parents for sometimes

oh it s not that kind of thread )

Put full gold find gear and run act 3 caverns on nightmare/hell wichever u can clean faster. If u like to farm that is.
    Last edited by Syro; 2012-08-22 at 07:48 AM.

I had been stocking rubies since Diablo 3 launched for leveling weapons, had over 800 flawless square rubies which sold for ALOT.

Might even try gearing my character up now
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You realize he is answering your thread, right? He's saying that the game is dead so no one is buying items, which is why you can't sell anything anymore.

Think before you post, you'll save a lot of nerd rage.
    Nerd rage? Hardly....and accusing me of not thinking before I post is actually funny, because I can say the same thing to you. What was my question? "How do YOU make money? What have you found successful?" NOT.....why can't I sell anything? lol. Think before you post.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    I farm and barely make any gold. I flip items and make millions. Flipping > farming, imo.
    Could you explain your flipping strategy (I guess without giving away your secrets :P) and what amount of gold I would need to start flipping?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    So how do YOU make gold? What have you found successful?
    I'm in the same situation as you. I DON'T make gold. I play pretty much 100% from my own drops.

Yeah, I know I'm handicapped because droprates take into account the AH so it's a really small chance to find something good.
    But I have no choice because I have no money. And I have no idea how to get money because I don't get good drops.

The problem is needing a ton of unbuffed MF on items to find other good items. But how do you get that in the first place? MF on good items costs a shitload for Barbarians. And how am I going to get that money if I can't get good items to sell because I lack MF? Yeah, it's really the matter of either you're in or you're out.

I go to work then buy off the RMAH because this game hates me and refuses to let me have drops no matter how high my MF is

But if you dont wanna use the RMAH only 2 types of people make gold:
    1. You have a four-leaf clover wrapped golden horseshoe up your ass and get good drops every other elite pack
    2. You are a Bot.

Also since 1.04 everything has tanked in price or no one actually came back to play. I cant even sell a 156 int 77 vit, 57 resist all, 18 MF chest for 600k for example, been listed since servers came up.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-08-22 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Nerd rage? Hardly....and accusing me of not thinking before I post is actually funny, because I can say the same thing to you. What was my question? "How do YOU make money? What have you found successful?" NOT.....why can't I sell anything? lol. Think before you post.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 09:32 AM ----------

Could you explain your flipping strategy (I guess without giving away your secrets :P) and what amount of gold I would need to start flipping?
    The new patch made it a lot easier to flip. Basically, I look at a certain subset of armors, and sort it by time so that I only see new items. If I see anything well under priced, I'll buy it out and relist it for what I consider a fair price that should sell. If it doesn't sell in two+ hours (depending on when I check my auctions really), I'll cancel and relist it, undercutting a bit. People pay more attention to items that were recently put on the auction house.

As for when to start, I would say a million or two would be enough. There are some decent armors you can find for 100-300k that sell for a million or two. I wouldn't flip anything that's not in the millions range of worth, though. Low end items are so saturated that they don't sell well.

One last thing, make damn sure you have the correct number of digits when you relist. I screwed up just last night and lost 13 mil because I missed a zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    But if you dont wanna use the RMAH only 2 types of people make gold:
    1. You have a four-leaf clover wrapped golden horseshoe up your ass and get good drops every other elite pack
    2. You are a Bot.
    And then there's people who use the AH to make millions. In 3 hours last night, I had a profit of 18 million. That's counting my fuck up where I lost 13 million, and my profits would have been much higher if it wasn't for that.
    Last edited by Maelstrom51; 2012-08-22 at 11:44 PM.

Deleted
    Can someone give me some advice on item flipping?
    Last edited by mmoc9eb0d33af1; 2012-08-23 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Can someone give me some advice on item flipping?
    Learn the market for particular items and what the FOTM builds are using gear wise.

Buy Low --> Sell High

On my hardcore toon when I was nearing 60 I got lucky and won a bid on an awesome ~ 750 dps 800 LoH weapon + socket for 500k, I sold it within a day for 10mil.

The auction house is a game in itself, there are no auctioneer addons to let you know the market price, you gotta learn it buy knowing what players are using and how much the items are going for.

95% of items on the normal servers are crap, essences only sell for like 700. If you are a new player trying to make money I would find a niche of a market master it and start flipping items.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    And then there's people who use the AH to make millions. In 3 hours last night, I had a profit of 18 million. That's counting my fuck up where I lost 13 million, and my profits would have been much higher if it wasn't for that.
    So basically theres no way to make gold from actually playing the game. Have gotten tons and tons of drops since Tuesday and all crap even using 340 MF. Even the ones I thought were good were under 100k on the AH so vendor trash. Also not a single legendary.

---------- Post added 2012-08-23 at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    On my hardcore toon when I was nearing 60 I got lucky and won a bid on an awesome ~ 750 dps 800 LoH weapon + socket for 500k, I sold it within a day for 10mil.
    Except now because crafted items have flooded the market you would be lucky to get 2 mil for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    So basically theres no way to make gold from actually playing the game. Have gotten tons and tons of drops since Tuesday and all crap even using 340 MF. Even the ones I thought were good were under 100k on the AH so vendor trash. Also not a single legendary.[COLOR="red"]
    How do you think those good items actually get on the AH, someone finds them, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been farming act 2 inferno Kulle and Belial. Can bang out both with 5 stacks of nephalim in under 30 minutes. Really there is no advice anyone can give you for farming money in this game, it just matters how lucky you are with drops. Find a spot that you can solo and do so in a time efficient manner and hope for the best. It took me a while to get geared enough to be able to do this run, but so far I've gotten two jewelcrafting patterns that i sold for 1mill each.