Thread: Hey MoPians!

Hey MoPians!

Question for you druids out there. I currently have a paladin, decently geared, with decent progression which was stagnated in February until just recently when I picked up raiding again.

Here's my paladin not that it matters in terms of what I am asking. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aliea/advanced

I'm going to be raid leading a group in MoP, and I might be switching from a paladin to a druid. I was curious as to what druid healing and balance looks like in MoP just from a quick glance. I don't know anything about druids aside from I healed on one back in BC and ran some successful ZA bear runs back then.

And what would be an optimal leveling spec for druids? Bear questing? cat questing? boomer questing?

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    Cat levelling is always quickest. I dont know how it looks for healing, but i know moonkins are quite decent. There have been 2 consecutive nerfs for moonkins, but they still look fairly competitive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Question for you druids out there. I currently have a paladin, decently geared, with decent progression which was stagnated in February until just recently when I picked up raiding again.

Here's my paladin not that it matters in terms of what I am asking. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aliea/advanced

I'm going to be raid leading a group in MoP, and I might be switching from a paladin to a druid. I was curious as to what druid healing and balance looks like in MoP just from a quick glance. I don't know anything about druids aside from I healed on one back in BC and ran some successful ZA bear runs back then.

And what would be an optimal leveling spec for druids? Bear questing? cat questing? boomer questing?
    Resto druid is always a safe bet. All druid specs looks good atm. Fastest questing is prolly cat and healer/tank os for fast dungeon que while questing

As you can imagine there is an ongoing discussion about Balance druids (found here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...cussion-Thread), at the moment moonkins look to be in a good position (not topping meters, not bottom).

As for resto druids, it looks like they'll be one of the stronger healers for tier 14 at least (discussion here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...n-Thread/page7).

In terms of levelling it seems that all of the specs (bar resto ofc) are quite viable for quick levelling so just go for your personal preference imo. For example, I shall be:
    1. Balance DPS for questing - Main spec & the pure damage output will be good for quickly tearing through multiple quests killing mobs etc and movement isn't an issue
    2. Guardian (Bear) for dungeons - usually my 2nd OS (resto as first) but I feel that the rapid queues will be a nice perk for levelling quickly.

Obviously, questing as cat and queueing as bear is a very smooth way of levelling, since you'll only need one gearset. It might be a bit of a hazzle once you hit max level and is stuck with agility gear and want to heal.

I have played a couple of levels with the new predator's swiftness that doesn't make you change out of form whenever casting an instant heal.You breeze through mobs and chain powerful instant heals, not to mention having 125% movement speed in stealth with glyph (possibly even more with enchant+talents). Less reliance on set-up through 0 CP savage roar and a beefed mangle is also helpful. All that makes Cat an extremely potent leveller. (I also had an extremely easy time soloing a number of the new rare spawns which has fun and in some cases useful items (a reusable flask that gives +500 allstats for example. edit: Might even be the best flask for guardians, but in that case is surely going to be nerfed))
    Last edited by Underfoot; 2012-08-21 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardcashshop
    tree druids do about 50-60% overhealing. divide their HPS by half.
    Math!

Quote Originally Posted by Underfoot View Post
    Obviously, questing as cat and queueing as bear is a very smooth way of levelling, since you'll only need one gearset. It might be a bit of a hazzle once you hit max level and is stuck with agility gear and want to heal.
    This is one of those little reported, but highly important notes for hybrids: there will be vendors periodically in questing zones that will sell you an entire set of gear if you want to do something else. For example, in Jade Forest, the goblin (on Horde side) that's part of the main quest line will eventually be a vendor that sells full sets of green gear (including weapons) for any spec you wish. Now, these aren't going to be the best-of-the-best items you can just buy, but they're the green-equivalent of the zones basic gear sets. Jade Forest isn't the only zone with a vendor like this, I remember seeing one later when I was around 88 or 89. I honestly didn't look hard for others, but I'm certain there are more.

Long story short: if you plan on playing multiple specs as you level, there will be vendors that will sell you full gear sets for whichever role you intend to play.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-08-22 at 12:03 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

If you will be healing again, I would stick with paladin.