Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    video snipped
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwibami View Post
    I have to admit, seeing those dances made my jaw drop. I'm honestly impressed about the quality of the animations in the dances.
    The Asura ones are just insane, those take the most impressive spot. While they are doing a robotic dance, they've managed to make the animations life like, and not just pure robotic.

I tip my hat to the people who created these.
    what makes my jaw drop are the amount of videos coming out with only a few hours' worth of stress test!

this was from a stress test where dances were debuted and immediately the creativity flowed like a river

choreos, stories, syncing, camerawork, etc etc

mind blown!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

10+ Year Old Account
    We can just stop making machinima now. Nothing will ever be better than this.

This one and gangam style are my two favorites. I'm so blown away to see this level of quality in an MMO that's considered just an every day thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    We can just stop making machinima now. Nothing will ever be better than this.
    I was so impressed with the flawless transition from one scene to another - the didn't miss a fraction of a beat!
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I'm sticking to my point, see the clip I added, and he's dancing to Tom Jones for crying out loud.
    Anyone that has watched Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and especially people that grew up in the environment that Will Smith did, know that you're right in what you said. The Carlton was done in a way to mock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Beard View Post
    Anyone that has watched Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and especially people that grew up in the environment that Will Smith did, know that you're right in what you said. The Carlton was done in a way to mock.
    I disagree completely

but if you honestly love playing the racial card, it's a free country so i won't stop you

and where you say "mock"

I think the Carlton dance was ArenaNET's inspiration

it's an homage to what is now and forever will be known as "the Carlton"

but if you think it's racial

our talk ends here

so you can keep replying

me? you read my words and that's the end

you may reply, i give you permushun to

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    I disagree completely

but if you honestly love playing the racial card, it's a free country so i won't stop you

and where you say "mock"

I think the Carlton dance was ArenaNET's inspiration

it's an homage to what is now and forever will be known as "the Carlton"

but if you think it's racial

our talk ends here

so you can keep replying

me? you read my words and that's the end

you may reply, i give you permushun to
    You can disagree, but it's the truth. It's more cultural than racial and has been accepted by pretty much everyone that wants to have fun.

Since this is a sensitive subject, I won't continue, but everyone that has any idea of growing up in American black culture knows what the Carlton dance refers to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weird Beard View Post
    You can disagree, but it's the truth. It's more cultural than racial and has been accepted by pretty much everyone that wants to have fun.

Since this is a sensitive subject, I won't continue, but everyone that has any idea of growing up in American black culture knows what the Carlton dance refers to.
    just want to add this btw, just to show you how different our views are..

I agree with you

first and foremost I AIN'T EVEN WHITE so i'm the last person you'd ever want to get into in terms of racial anything

however black people dancing like white people are not "funny" .. at all.. never once have i watched FPOBA and yes i'm old enough to watch it on actual tv unlike you young internet kiddies, not once have i laughed going "omg! lolz! this is hilarious a black guy dancing like he's white and he loves tom jones!"

living and raised in BUSHWICK, NYC my thoughts were "goofy muthafvcka" which was usually accompanied by a smile

which leads me to this: the Carlton has transcended any race card because he simply looks funny/goofy to the point that EVERYONE knows the Carlton dance

.....much like the Elaine dance

Elaine dance has transcended anything racial (and if you don't know what the Elaine dance is.. oh well)

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Norn should've done Technoviking.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    just want to add this btw, just to show you how different our views are..

I agree with you

first and foremost I AIN'T EVEN WHITE so i'm the last person you'd ever want to get into in terms of racial anything

however black people dancing like white people are not "funny" .. at all.. never once have i watched FPOBA and yes i'm old enough to watch it on actual tv unlike you young internet kiddies, not once have i laughed going "omg! lolz! this is hilarious a black guy dancing like he's white and he loves tom jones!"

living and raised in BUSHWICK, NYC my thoughts were "goofy muthafvcka" which was usually accompanied by a smile

which leads me to this: the Carlton has transcended any race card because he simply looks funny/goofy to the point that EVERYONE knows the Carlton dance

.....much like the Elaine dance

Elaine dance has transcended anything racial (and if you don't know what the Elaine dance is.. oh well)
    I wasn't going to reply but the internet kiddie thing is pretty insulting.

I'm 35, grew up on the Upper West Side, went to high school in Harlem (A. Philip Randolph). Far from being an internet kiddie. Have a good day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Whatever do you mean?

snip
    *second pic*

CARAMELLDANSEN

Deleted
    For all the asuras, know your rituals...

I don't want to know what ritual this is... Just came upon it while watching gw2 dances. O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    THAT IS AWESOME !

Asura , like WAUW , great animations ! Also great animations with the sylvari.
    And the human dance is just epic , shuffeling haha , how do they come up with the stuf huh ! hehe
    You know your addicted to WoW when...

... you go to a funeral, and try to loot the corpse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh they really need this so damn funny and catchy XD(dont know how many times i replayed it XD

-edit- sweet, thanks mif /hands ya a bucket of delicious cookies
    Last edited by Alexise; 2012-08-22 at 07:07 PM.

Deleted

Deleted
    I was happy to have choose Norn as my race....Now I am proud! CARLTON FTW BABY! XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexise View Post
    Ugh they really need this so damn funny and catchy XD(dont know how many times i replayed it XD

[tube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0&feature=player_detailpage[/tube]

-edit- hmmm not working =/ any mod able to help or w/e plz XD
    Use [video] tags and trim the URL to the end of the v= number

Like such:
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/video]

Deleted
    All races with music here!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7BcJZlXq4s

Apparently Lich form was bugged and could dance.It also did the carlton.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    Apparently Lich form was bugged and could dance.It also did the carlton.
    For the love of all that is profane, this bug must NOT be fixed.
    Last edited by Vahaal; 2012-08-22 at 10:33 PM.