Personal Stories - Helping You Make the Choice

Hello, everyone. I thought I'd run in and make a quick breakdown of what we know, as a community, about each personal story to help everyone choose their presets. Know that spoilers will be hidden in spoiler tags - if you don't want to know, don't click. If you do help fill this sheet, please post in spoilers in your own posts. Please, if something is amiss let me know.

Sadly, all I really know are the human stories - and not even all of them. I have spots reserved for the rest. By no means do I intend to breakdown the whole story - just enough for you to have a basic idea on whether or not it will appeal to you. I thank anyone and everyone who chips in their knowledge to make this a one-stop shop for easier decision making. Obviously, I will update the first post as more information comes in. Also, 1-6 will have to do for placeholders while the wiki is down and I can't confirm the arc names.

Human

Street Rat
    As the name implies, you're poor. Worse, your friend is an idiot and has gotten himself mixed up with a gang. With this choice, you spend the first part of your personal story working to get him out of "debt" to the gang leader while teaming up with the Seraph to shut them down for good.

Commoner
    You've lived a normal-ish life with a couple of very close friends who own and operate a fairly popular tavern. When you go to check in on them, a bar fight breaks out and the owner gets caught in the crossfire. You spend the first part of your story getting the medicine needed to save him.

Noble
    Much like the street rat, you've got an idiot friend. This one just wants to party and fight alongside you, even though his martial skills are not up to snuff. He does know a little bit about a connection between a certain noble and the bandits that are causing trouble in Queensdale, though...

Orphan

Sister and Centaurs
    In the second arc, you search for information about the Seraph party that went missing awhile back - the party your sister was with. Your search leads you to a couple of outposts and a few centaur camps. Your sister may not be dead, after all...

Never Joined the Circus

Asura

Norn

Charr

Blood Legion
    Bold and brave, frontline infantry, they tackle their foes head on, they're the bulk of the glorious Charr army, the shock troops, the backbone of the army.

Ash Legion
    Scouts, assassins, information gatherers, and spies. Ash Legion uses cunning, deceit, infiltration and subtlety to deal with the enemies of the Charr. Let the Blood Legion charge blindly to their deaths, the Ash Legion will be there in the shadows to clean up their mess. They're the elite force, if you are marked by one, they're the last thing you'll never see.

Iron Legion
    Machinists, the smiths, forgers, and engineers, the furnace of the great Charr society, makers of all the machines and weapons of the rest of the legions. They're the ones responsible for the industrial revolution of the charr, and the sole reason they are the most advanced race in the world (And any Asuran saying otherwise will get scratch marks >_>). They're the great warmachine of the Charr, spearheading the technological advancement of the race.

During the tutorial mission, your warband gets almost completely wiped out, the only surviving members being you and another charr of your choosing, specifically the one you feel closest to

First Guy
    Option one is that he was an honorable soldier, and a great warrior, and you are trying to live up to his name

Second Guy

Option two is that he is of the despicable Shaman Caste, a group seen with suspicion and hatred for their tyrannical rule of the Charr for so many years. Your father is seen with contempt and suspicion and its up to you if you wish to trust his word.

Third Guy
    Option three is that your father is a Gladium: The worst of the worst, a gladium is someone who abandons their warband to die, a traitor, a coward, a dishonorable scum, not even shaman are seen with the same spite as a Charr who doesn't do everything and anything for their blood companions. Your father is one such man, leaving his own warband to die, just to save his own hide. Up to you to decide to give him a chance at redemption (if he even wants to redeem his honor)

Credit to Derah for the Charr update.
    Last edited by vicious796; 2012-08-23 at 03:04 PM.

Why no love for the Charr? this must be remedied.

While I don't know the specifics, I can give you the names of their variables on their story. I wont use spoilers, because I don't really know the details behind each one, just the basic information that can be gleamed from character creation.

First choice is what legion you belong to?

Options being:

Blood Legion: Bold and brave, frontline infantry, they tackle their foes head on, they're the bulk of the glorious Charr army, the shock troops, the backbone of the army.

Ash Legion: Scouts, assassins, information gatherers, and spies. Ash Legion uses cunning, deceit, infiltration and subtlety to deal with the enemies of the Charr. Let the Blood Legion charge blindly to their deaths, the Ash Legion will be there in the shadows to clean up their mess. They're the elite force, if you are marked by one, they're the last thing you'll never see.

Iron Legion: Machinists, the smiths, forgers, and engineers, the furnace of the great Charr society, makers of all the machines and weapons of the rest of the legions. They're the ones responsible for the industrial revolution of the charr, and the sole reason they are the most advanced race in the world (And any Asuran saying otherwise will get scratch marks >_>). They're the great warmachine of the Charr, spearheading the technological advancement of the race.

Ok, so this is the first choice, and the one with the largest weight on what is your story (it even defines what type of soldiers you summon with the Elite skill "Summon Warband)

Second variable you have to choose from is what member of your Warband are you closest to?

(Little info for the unfamiliar: Charr aren't raised in typical families, parents have almost nothing to do with raising their children, instead, as soon as a child is able to stand on its own, it gets separated from the parents, and grouped up with other children, this group is called a warband, and they'll train together, grow up together, live together, and die together. They're more than just your "squad" they're your family, your kin, your blood brothers and sisters, and only the worst of the worst charr SCUM doesn't have a warband of their own)

During the tutorial mission, your warband gets almost completely wiped out, the only surviving members being you and another charr of your choosing, specifically the one you feel closest to

I don't recall their names, but its basically "Choose which one of these 5 charr are you closest with"

Third variable, is what kind of person your father was.

Option one is that he was an honorable soldier, and a great warrior, and you are trying to live up to his name.

Option two is that he is of the despicable Shaman Caste, a group seen with suspicion and hatred for their tyrannical rule of the Charr for so many years. Your father is seen with contempt and suspicion and its up to you if you wish to trust his word.

Option three is that your father is a Gladium: The worst of the worst, a gladium is someone who abandons their warband to die, a traitor, a coward, a dishonorable scum, not even shaman are seen with the same spite as a Charr who doesn't do everything and anything for their blood companions. Your father is one such man, leaving his own warband to die, just to save his own hide. Up to you to decide to give him a chance at redemption (if he even wants to redeem his honor)

FOR THE CHARR! Rawr.
    Last edited by Derah; 2012-08-23 at 12:08 AM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Love to have more of an idea one what choice does what for the charr

I mostly played norn but I'm not sure what choices coincide with what path you take.

1 of the norn has you eventually tracking minotaurs and help find out why the minotaurs are rampaging about the lands.

2nd one has you finding a herb to help one of the spirit leaders get better only to find there is plot that unfolds.

3rd one has you going to the blacksmith and look for special or to create a powerful weapon.

All I know there is one choice a think where you were drunk and can't remember anything only to find out that you lost some machine that the charr need to get back.

That's all I remember There's more I think.
    Last edited by DarthTenore; 2012-08-23 at 02:40 AM.

Initial post updated. With the wiki up today more generic info will come soon. Thanks for the added tidbits I was able to throw in, guys. Keep 'em comin'.