Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Thats weird I got the same cpu and gpu, i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz and gainward gtx 570 and I got 80-120 fps depending on where I was, with the highest possible graphics on stress test.
    Maybe I should try to overclock my cpu, right now it's at 3.3ghz which is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola View Post
    Well that settles that. Guess I'll be getting the AMD 7770 over the GTX 550.
    At this point, you may want to see the release data before making the jump if you that tight on entertainment budget. AMD vs nvidia has been up and down in GW2 lately, probably driver issues. Chances are nvidia will sort it out in a few days, or AMD gets even better drivers out. You never know.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 04:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker87 View Post
    Maybe I should try to overclock my cpu, right now it's at 3.3ghz which is stock.
    I have 2500k running at 4.2 with stock voltage. Got a good cooler though.

Remember that by default 2500k uses a turbo mechanism which will try to overclock the most used core up to 3.7 with stock settings, so you may not get much performance out of overclocking below that.

Wonder where my rather old NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT would rate in that? I have to say I expected it to be worse than it's been so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_ View Post
    SLI profile for the game is pretty crap from what I know. You might be actually suffering FPS dips due to bad load balancing between two cards. In general nvidia releases a properly balanced SLI profile in drivers within month of release of AAA title. Their numbers are not that far off from what I was seeing on max detail (without fxaa) at 1080p.

The problem is that even if average is "sort of in the right direction", no one cares about it if the game runs at near 60 fps most of the time, but dips to a third of that every so often. And the article shows that they know about it.

I know what you are saying, I guess I'm just a little disapointed SLI hasn't been addressed much yet. I was running the 301.42 WHQL Drivers because running the 304 beta drivers were giving me in game dynamic lighting issues in battlefield 3. I probably should of switched to the beta to play today though.

I had supersampling off, and I had msi afterburner running showing that in game I was using about 500mb of vram, shouldn't be a issue since bf3 typically uses 900 and runs fine. I would be fine with 50 fps, 60 fps whatever but when you quickly adjust you're camera to a side view and instantly drop to 20-35 fps its unreasonable and should not happen. I just hope somethings released before the launch, I shouldn't need to turn off fxAA or anything to run the game and I didn't even use supersampling which should be the highest taxing graphic option. and i was only running at 1080p

SLI isn't even supported yet afaik. It's only using 1 graphics card unless somethings changed recently.

@jam3s121

I run single 560ti (with minor factory overclocking) with everything maxed (including supersampling) but with FXAA off (I do not like smoothed out textures produced by FXAA). I also have adaptive vsync on in drivers and using same drivers as you.

I was bouncing between 60 and 20 fps averaging around 35-45 depending on the zone. The dips to the 20fps realm were noticeable but reasonably rare. Overall performance was better then BWE3 but still significantly worse then BWE2.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 04:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    SLI isn't even supported yet afaik. It's only using 1 graphics card unless somethings changed recently.
    Depends on implementation and settings. I believe you can force it on, but without proper SLI profile, drivers do not know how to balance the load properly between two cards, which is often more detrimental then beneficial to performance.

Its definitely supported to a extent, msi afterburner reports both cards are being used with usage ratings that would indicate that were both being used. In older tests one card would be 80-100% and the other would be like 2% (i.e the second card is not being used) today it was in the range of both being about 50%).

I'm sure in a couple days it'll be running much better, BF3 had a release day nvidia and amd driver beta release and i'm sure if nvidia will put something out soon. I believe its that the drivers aren't balancing the load efficiently yet.
    Last edited by jam3s121; 2012-08-22 at 04:36 AM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    At this point, you may want to see the release data before making the jump if you that tight on entertainment budget. AMD vs nvidia has been up and down in GW2 lately, probably driver issues. Chances are nvidia will sort it out in a few days, or AMD gets even better drivers out. You never know.

Release date for what?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

i wonder where my 550 ti will fit in there

Release date for what?
    New drivers optimized for GW2. "When it's ready". As usual.

Wouldn't expect it to be more then a couple of weeks after GW2 release to get all the low hanging fruit driver optimization out. It's an AAA title after all.
    Last edited by Lucky_; 2012-08-22 at 05:14 AM.

well ican tell ya on mostly low with 2 or 3 options of medium an E5400 (2.7GHz) with an GT 430 and 2 gigs of ram average 20 fps during fights ect 1280x720 resolution.

15+ Year Old Account
    "When it's ready". As usual.

Wouldn't expect it to be more then a couple of weeks after GW2 release to get all the low hanging fruit driver optimization out. It's an AAA title after all.
    Oh, you're talking about the 7770's driver updates?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I have a i5-2500k and ATI 6950 2gb + Intel SSD. The auto-detect put me to higher graphics. I had 42-44 FPS. Them I dropped shadows to medium, not because I had problem with 42 FPS but to check it out, and I got 48-50 FPS. And not one second I noticed drop in FPS in any situation..
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Oh, you're talking about the 7770's driver updates?
    Yup. Edited original for clarity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup. Edited original for clarity.
    Ah, okay. Well, chances are I won't be getting that new card for at least a month anyway. So, all's good.

My card isn't there and it doesn't tell you if your card is middle or lower end if those FPS are at 800x600 or 1920x1080 or somewhere in between. In other words, I think the chart is almost useless for a lot of people trying to figure out what their card will be at a decent resolution.
    Last edited by adders; 2012-08-22 at 05:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adders View Post
    My card isn't there and it doesn't tell you if your card is middle or lower end if those FPS are at 800x600 or 1920x1080 or somewhere in between. In other words, I think the chart is almost useless for a lot of people trying to figure out what their card will be at a decent resolution.
    what card is it? and you're correct it is pretty useless becuase it doesn't tell us what each GPU auto detects too in the settings.

Deleted
    Sigh, GTX 560Ti with 2gb of RAM and I get 30 FPS at most. The worst thing is through all BWEs and stress tests I had VERY fluid gameplay (way above 50 fps), but last test the game was unplayable for me :/. Nothing has changed in ma PC nor my system since last tests so I'm guessing it's "their" fault. God I hope it will not stay for release ;s.

Don't worry I have gtx 560 ti's in sli. I was able to get 60 fps sometimes, but most of the time it was 50 fps with extreme fps loss. I find it a little disturbing that they even released those charts and think 60 fps is acceptable (it is if it can be maintained 100% of the time which isn't the case for at least 80% of the time I am experiencing lessthan 50 fps). This game is not some graphical masterpiece that requires insane hardware. If you own a gtx 560 Ti or equivalent card you should be getting 60 fps at least with EASE. I hope its just drivers or I won't be playing much. I paid a lot for my hardware and I know I shouldn't need anything newer to play at max setitngs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    But when will it be ?!?!?!?! release is in 3 days and i still have 60-80 fps when questing only with my rig.. >.< CF obviously
    Last edited by mmocebc8ec9eed; 2012-08-22 at 05:37 AM.