Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    To my understanding, along with some others posted above: Shields do not offer any defensive stats such as armor like they do in several other games (i.e. EQ and WoW). Shields offer a different set of skills that provide more control such as Shield Bash. The warrior's Shield Block only lasts for 3sec and it is on a 30sec CD, which is phenomenal if you're being focused and can't dodge out of the way, but it is still a situational skill.
    Last edited by Jewster925; 2012-08-22 at 10:56 PM.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

Deleted
    me +4 other guys ;P

but tbh I dont think it will be wise to go without guardian and ele.
    Last edited by mmoca01e16f76d; 2012-08-22 at 11:01 PM.

2 mesmers and 2 necros

It's all about overlaps, and covering the all the buffs. You can pretty much do that with any 3 classes and ensure you've got the variety. Aside from that, the best teams will also contain classes traited to steal/strip buffs, as well as interrupts. I think boon-removal is woefully under-regarded by the 'rate my build' crew, and will be absolutely needed for the tougher version of instances.
    Last edited by styopa; 2012-08-23 at 12:51 AM.
    -Styopa

Replace "warrior" with another "guardian" and the team will do miracles.
    It's not that im biased and don't like warriors. Honest.

But back on topic, i'll just list the setup my group of friends will be messing around with. And that is:
    Mesmer, Elementalist, Thief and a Guardian.

10+ Year Old Account
    Totally planning to do Thief (myself), Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmer, and perhaps a Ranger (if not a repeat of something else).

Just because everybody's so obsessed with Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by styopa View Post
    It's all about overlaps, and covering the all the buffs. You can pretty much do that with any 3 classes and ensure you've got the variety. Aside from that, the best teams will also contain classes traited to steal/strip buffs, as well as interrupts. I think boon-removal is woefully under-regarded by the 'rate my build' crew, and will be absolutely needed for the tougher version of instances.
    Oh, definitely under-valued. Enemy has Protection? Retaliation? Regeneration? Get a Sword/X Mesmer in there!

Speaking of the Regen boon, my Warrior frequently died to Bog Skales simply because I can't do anything about the constant-regen they have. I can kill them, it's just incredibly hard to do. Mind you, this is at like... level 11, so I only just got my first trait point or two.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-23 at 01:14 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Myself as a Mesmer, and whatever the frak my friends are playing.

That's what professions I'll be taking through dungeons.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Totally planning to do Thief (myself), Necromancer, Engineer, Mesmer, and perhaps a Ranger (if not a repeat of something else).

Just because everybody's so obsessed with Guardians, Warriors, and Elementalists.

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 08:13 PM ----------

Oh, definitely under-valued. Enemy has Protection? Retaliation? Regeneration? Get a Sword/X Mesmer in there!

Speaking of the Regen boon, my Warrior frequently died to Bog Skales simply because I can't do anything about the constant-regen they have. I can kill them, it's just incredibly hard to do. Mind you, this is at like... level 11, so I only just got my first trait point or two.
    Poison works just as well as boon removal.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~