10+ Year Old Account

Help: 10-man raid with 14 people???

A question.

If I have "raid difficulty" set to 10-player. I have 14 or more people in a group. Is the group eligible to enter a 10-man instance, if only 10 people out of the rest enter and the others stay outside the instance? And when I need to switch, someone just leaves the instance and after that another enters, keeping 10-players inside the instance?

Or do I have to have 10-man and 10 only in a group and just switch players by removing them from raid?

Only 10 people will be able to enter; the other 4 will get an "Instance Full" message.
    Last edited by Iceman2500; 2012-08-22 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    If I have "raid difficulty" set to 10-player. I have 14 or more people in a group. Is the group eligible to enter a 10-man instance, if only 10 people out of the rest enter and the others stay outside the instance? And when I need to switch, someone just leaves the instance and after that another enters, keeping 10-players inside the instance?
    yes
    /tenchar

10+ Year Old Account
    You could have a full raid group, but only 10 can enter the instance. My guild is in a similar situation, we have 13 raiders
    so we switch people in and out depending on who needs what gear and what boss needs what class/role.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. Made my life tad bit easier and things more transparent for the raid

Works fine.
    still it messes with many raid frames, just be sure to test it beforehand. Some healers whine alot about it...