Thread: Thoughts on GW2

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Thoughts on GW2

Hi there
    A friend of mine asked me some information about GW2, because he is thinking of buying it. I unfortunately do not have access to this information, having never played the beta.

I wonder if you could explain with 5 points what you find positive and at other 5 points what you find negative in this game.
    is just to get an idea of the product, using your point of view.

(side note)
    [it is true that you can buy items with real money etc? If yes which ones?]

Thx for the reply

Deleted
    Thx for the guide.
    Anyway my friend uses the xbox joypad to play WoW, u think is still deable with GW2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Thx for the guide.
    Anyway my friend uses the xbox joypad to play WoW, u think is still deable with GW2?
    I really don't think it would work, but maybe.

It would make him extremely ineffective even if he did manage to make it work.

Deleted
    Your friend asked you for information about a game that you don't know anything about? So you come online and organise a survey to get him the information - who is he, the godfather?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Your friend asked you for information about a game that you don't know anything about? So you come online and organise a survey to get him the information - who is he, the godfather?
    Just a good friend with whom I played for 5 years, because I have nothing better to do, and in part interesting me too

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keldrath View Post
    I really don't think it would work, but maybe.

It would make him extremely ineffective even if he did manage to make it work.
    Maybe will be good once he get used to playing with a mouse and keyboard

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Thx for the guide.
    For GW2? Maybe but he is going to feel really gimped unless he plays with a keyboard or gets a controller with more buttons.
    Last edited by Ave07; 2012-08-22 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    Just a good friend with whom I played for 5 years, because I have nothing better to do, and in part interesting me too
    Wish I had friends like you :-)

To answer your controller question - it's doable, I messed around myself with it...but, it's clunky compared to a KB/Mouse...especially if you're playing a weapon-set that has lots of ground targeted stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will give you my six, both positive and negative. Before the fanboys jump on me this is my personal opinion.

1. PvP is awesome
    2. PvE was disappointing
    3. Exploration is a big factor
    4. Running animations look silly, sometimes it looks like you are gliding along
    5. NPC interaction is a nice touch, gives them more of a personal touch
    6. Could possibly overwhelming for a new player (no sense of direction)
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-08-22 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    I will give you my six, both positive and negative. Before the fanboys jump on me this is my personal opinion.

1. PvP is awesome
    2. PvE was disappointing
    3. Exploration is a big factor
    4. Running animations look silly, sometimes it looks like you are gliding along
    5. NPC interaction is a nice touch, gives them more of a personal touch
    6. Could possibly overwhelming for a new player (no sense of direction)
    The only one I don't agree with was 2. I had great fun with PvE, but only on two of the four classes I tried.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Wish I had friends like you :-)

To answer your controller question - it's doable, I messed around myself with it...but, it's clunky compared to a KB/Mouse...especially if you're playing a weapon-set that has lots of ground targeted stuff.
    lol well thank you...

Btw my friend played only with that joypad for 5 years so idk, perhaps he will be fine

Thx for the guide.
    what the fuck... your friend is odd to the least

---------- Post added 2012-08-22 at 11:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    The only one I don't agree with was 2. I had great fun with PvE, but only on two of the four classes I tried.
    dynamic quest/world events? that shit will get boring after 2 weeks, then what...
    Last edited by Tokas; 2012-08-22 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    There's people out there trying to play games like WoW with the kinect ...
    Last edited by Inexxa; 2012-08-22 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    He was used playing Playstation and Xbox, never accepted the change to keyboard and mouse, so yes he's a bit odd :P

dynamic quest/world events? that shit will get boring after 2 weeks, then what...
    then you move out of the starter area.....
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Positive:

1. Animal animations
    2. Combat animations
    3. The feel and art style in the world
    4. No raids. I have a game where I raid, wouldn't want 2 where there's that sort of progression since I'd then feel sub-par in the experience I get to see in GW2.
    5. Personal story is fun most of the time, kinda makes it feel like a single-player RPG at times.

Negative:

1. Animations on all but the charr race is a bit silly in my eyes, and hopefully they've done something about the ranger pet visuals.
    2. The story felt a bit cheesy at times, predictable.
    3. Voice acting feels very generic, especially my toons voice. Almost makes me wish they'd skipped voice acting in some areas. I also don't like how she's constantly going "Feel the fury!!" and other such silly cheap "American Action movie" nonsense. Takes away my own RP since I can't relate to that at all.
    4. No mounts. Yes I know, but I would have loved to see what they could do with them.
    5. Hmm...well the 5th negative thing would perhaps be that it's not released yet...-_-. I find myself checking at times to see if they've surprised us and started the servers early, hah!

Overall a great game that I plan to have 1 of each profession at 80 in, and since it follows the model it does I can accomplish this at my own speed. Kinks and stuff will no doubt get polished away as it grows.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-08-22 at 10:46 AM.

Hi there
    A friend of mine asked me some information about GW2, because he is thinking of buying it. I unfortunately do not have access to this information, having never played the beta.

I wonder if you could explain with 5 points what you find positive and at other 5 points what you find negative in this game.
    is just to get an idea of the product, using your point of view.

(side note)
    [it is true that you can buy items with real money etc? If yes which ones?]

Thx for the reply
    Here we go Brad, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pX8GJcGIVbI

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/media/videos/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBC_ig73aMs

PvP is ABSOLUTLEY amusing! so addicting!

lol well thank you...

Btw my friend played only with that joypad for 5 years so idk, perhaps he will be fine
    Perhaps.

He was playing WoW though, and really I can't see that working even in WoW outside of some easy pve stuff like quests and heroic 5 man dungeons once they are overgeared.

And compared to WoW the PvE in this game is much more active and difficult. you have to be moving all the time, you don't just stand and shoot like in wow. and you have to time dodges and stuff to get out of attacks and what not. I just don't really see the controller working with the amount of mobility he's going to be needing.

I mean, sure you CAN just stand and shoot like in WoW, and it will work in the newbie areas fairly well, outside of that, you'll just die.

Deleted

raids ? will get boring after 1day then what.....