Smile Quick question on installing new motherboards.

So I am going to be upgrade my current PC,Going to be ordering a i5 2500k,new mobo,and ram. But I started wondering I will have to reinstall windows when I hook up my hard drives to my new mobo? I am going from AMD to Intel if that helps any.

Very likely, yes. There are ways around it, but over all it is often simpler to re-install Windows.

You would need to reinstall chipset drivers and a ton of other crap, so you'd be better off with a clean install so you won't be able to mess anything up!

Deleted
    Like it was said...there are ways to round it..but its complicated and sometimes gives probs. Its way better to do a clean install.

And btw.... why a 2500k ? its a absolete cpu. Go for the Intel Core i5-3570K...around the same price..and a LOT better.

Quote Originally Posted by BravePT View Post
    Like it was said...there are ways to round it..but its complicated and sometimes gives probs. Its way better to do a clean install.

And btw.... why a 2500k ? its a absolete cpu. Go for the Intel Core i5-3570K...around the same price..and a LOT better.
    3570k is not better in terms of overclocking (at least for the average overclocker) since it requires a more serious cooling system than the 2nd gen cpu's require to be stable at high clocks.

It is not a lot better, 5% at most. If you need to save 30 dollars, get a 2500K instead of a 3570K, outside of benchmarking you'll hardly notice the difference.

Only reason why I will not be buying the 3570k is because I am working on some what of a tight budget.
    Also Thanks for all of the help looks like I will be needing a new DVD drive so I can clean install thanks for the help and saving me a headache !

You don't need an optical drive if you can install Windows from a USB key: